BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Dunn

47er

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyway, this is off topic. As for Dunny. For me he is up there in the favourite stakes with Jansen, Hendry and Shearer. Sadly for us he is not a patch on the player he once was. His lost yard of pace is all too obvious. But the way he has played this season warrants the praise he has received. In a shambles of a midfield he has been superb. I pray he has as good a game as he did against the Dingles last time out. Perhaps the memory plays tricks on me. But i recall him getting tackled so hard by some 6 fingered sister sniffer, his legs almost went over his head. But as i recall Dunny pulled most of the strings that day and was a key figure in the 5-0 demolition. I think Dunny of old is a distant memory. But whilst he showing this seasons form we simply can't afford to lose him.

Don't agree. Well I do agree, but for opposite reasons! While he has lost a yard of pace he looks a much much better player than he did six or seven years ago. He is playing by some distance the best football of his life. If you told me in July that he would be having this sort of form I would have thought you were pulling my leg.

He looks like he could score 10-15 goals this season, providing he stays fit, which is fantastic.

We wouldn't miss them.... but we wouldn't be able to replace them either !

This is the key issue for me. We would struggle to replace them with similar quality, especially as getting no fee for them. Not saying Peds has been great but we know what he can do, and even buying that potential as a replacement with no money coming in, will be next to impossible. I'd definately keep the guy and wait until Holliett develops into the real deal before looking for a new left winger.

To be honest Reid has been annoymous for 2 1/2 years so who cares about him...Is Brown out of contact too?

Think Dunn & MGP will both sign up again too, unless we shift MGP in Jan.

Agree with your prediction. However I'm hoping that Reid will replace Andrews in the squad as the versatile midfielder with energy - if he ever gets fit enough.

This is the key issue for me. We would struggle to replace them with similar quality, especially as getting no fee for them.

We rarely replace sold players with new ones of 'similar quality'. We have to make do with players of potential/experienced old heads. We may well have already replaced MGP adequately with Hoillet/Van Halen, and the wage bill space from losing him should be sustantial enough to bring in a decent freebie.

As someone else (Theno?) suggested: Dunn should be one of our top earners - WHEN he plays. Some sort of bonus scheme should be in place, what with our overinflated wage bill and Dunn's fitness problems.

Yep, Ball as per an LT article a few days ago. Can't say I remember Branch for anything apart from a comment in the player ratings in one of the nationals after the 5-0 (I've a feeling Colin posted the report somewhere on here many moons ago). Something along the lines of

Branch - 3 More twig like really

Kevin Ball was interviewed by the LET as part of the build up to Sunday and was praising Dunny for the way he reacted to the tackle. He said that he got straight up and didnt milk the situation.Ball met him later in a club a few weeks later and they had a "good laugh" about it!

I'd say he's playing better than Lampard at the moment in all fairness....

Dunn's managed it for 5 games - Lampard has been a top midfielder for five years! Lets not go mad. Plus one of the main reasons he has been so good is that he is effectively playing as a second striker. He is more up against Wayne Rooney or Jermain Defoe than Barry or Lampard.

If he ever does get in it is only going to be as an extremely marginal squad player and he would probably be asked to play on the left. From our point of view I would rather he isn't as the last thing we need is fot him to breakdown while away with the national team.

Dunn's managed it for 5 games - Lampard has been a top midfielder for five years! Lets not go mad. Plus one of the main reasons he has been so good is that he is effectively playing as a second striker. He is more up against Wayne Rooney or Jermain Defoe than Barry or Lampard.

If he ever does get in it is only going to be as an extremely marginal squad player and he would probably be asked to play on the left. From our point of view I would rather he isn't as the last thing we need is fot him to breakdown while away with the national team.

I'm not for one minute suggesting he is a better player than Lampard, just saying he's playing better than him at the moment which I don't think can be argued with.

What do you think Lampard does in that Chelsea team? Watch him on Saturday, very few attacks go threw him. He puts the yards in, but all he does with the ball is keep the move flowing. Obviously he's got a ridiculous goal scoring record, but that's because he's free to arrive late from midfield and he's very clever about it.

Not that he's a bad player, he's obviously very good at what he does - he's just not incredible like the media would have you believe.

Archived