SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Dunn

47er

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

If there are genuine signs that he can stay fit for a number of games next season (at least half) then I'd keep him. Any less than that then I'm not so sure. Judging from the past few seasons... well, it's unlikely, isn't it? I'd be sad to see him leave, but if he can't play consistantly he needs to leave and find an easier level to play at. Sometimes sentimentality needs to be put aside in favour of logic, and it isn't logical to keep a player in the squad who you can never rely on to play the full ninety minutes of one match, let alone a string of matches. He's not a young lad, either.

Taking him off the payroll could give a younger player a chance to shine.

If there are genuine signs that he can stay fit for a number of games next season (at least half) then I'd keep him. Any less than that then I'm not so sure. Judging from the past few seasons... well, it's unlikely, isn't it? I'd be sad to see him leave, but if he can't play consistantly he needs to leave and find an easier level to play at. Sometimes sentimentality needs to be put aside in favour of logic, and it isn't logical to keep a player in the squad who you can never rely on to play the full ninety minutes of one match, let alone a string of matches. He's not a young lad, either.

Taking him off the payroll could give a younger player a chance to shine.

SA said that Dunny was currently very fit and in great shape but that it was the bio-mechanics of his body made him so injury prone.

• Backroom
SA said that Dunny was currently very fit and in great shape but that it was the bio-mechanics of his body made him so injury prone.

That still means he won't be fit for a number of games, due to his inability to avoid injuries.

Is Allardyce saying Dunn isn't cut out to be a footballer playing at premiership pace?

Is that something to do with the consupmtion, digestion, processing and subsequent disposal of extra large doner kebabs?

Is that something to do with the consupmtion, digestion, processing and subsequent disposal of extra large doner kebabs?

Thats a bit rich Tris coming from one of the two men who appears determined to try every restaurant on the 'Restaurant' thread. :lol:

My take on Dunnys bio mechanics is the alignment of his bone structure, from a distance he looks like his spine is slightly tilted thus his body exerts more pressure down one side of the leg as opposed to evenly distributing weight onto both legs. I could be wrong but thats how I see Dunny when hes running.

Thats a bit rich Tris coming from one of the two men who appears determined to try every restaurant on the 'Restaurant' thread. :lol:

:lol: maybe, but I'm still managing to play football every Saturday for 90 minutes ... ...

So Dunn is still out...I mean I'm sorry, but this isn't a professional football player. Having talent is good, Dunn has plenty of that, but you'd think the basics would be to be able to keep yourself somewhat fit to actually play...

So Dunn is still out...I mean I'm sorry, but this isn't a professional football player. Having talent is good, Dunn has plenty of that, but you'd think the basics would be to be able to keep yourself somewhat fit to actually play...

he is fit, incredibly fit infact. the problem is he's injured.

I heard that big sam said something like it's his body's make-up that is keeping him out injured. It's got nothing to do with Dunn's lifestyle/training.

Yeah, we get it, but everyone seems to think that is better? Benni is overweight, he can change that easily. Dunn has a body that is sadly unsuited to what he is trying to do, he can't change that. He's talented and he cares about the club, but with the wages he is probably on we can't really afford to have a member of our squad who can only manage to be fully fit for a handful of games a season.

SO did he dive? Motd highlights seemed to suggest that he did but were inconclusive.

Dive, no. He went with what he thought was going to happen and when Palacios pulled back he still went over. Palacios deserved what he got because he's been filthy earlier and that looked like it was going to be intentional foul. As it was, he got sent off softly exactly like Peds at Hull where he was stupid enough to invite the ref to send him off and he took up the invitation.

• Backroom

No way a dive he was just evading a nasty potenial tackle. Thing is even if Palacios pulled his leg away if Dunn stood up he would still have been bodychecked.

• 4 weeks later...

Not that they'll admit it, but that's possibly the first sign that the management consider us to safe from relegation. He's obviously been injured for weeks but they must have been holding back the operation whilst we were still scrapping for our lives. Now there's a bit of breathing space they probably feel they can afford to sort him out now.

Hughes and co were certainly good at keeping players fit, but with someone like Dunn I think it was more luck than anything else, he's had injury problems under too many managers now for it to be more than that. He's a sick note and would be hugely unpopular if he wasn't from the area. Undoubtedly possesses enough talent to play in this league, but no player is worth keeping around for 4 good appearances a season. If anyone is willing to buy him then I would certainly say it should be done. He must be on decent wages, so the transfer fee plus a reduction in the wage bill would be a smart move for the club. Getting rid of Dunn, Grella and Reid this summer should be one of the top priorities for the club. We can't afford to be leaking wages with players like that, even if it does keep our medical staff on their toes.

Ice baths - you stay fit then. Anything but an Ice Bath.

Good luck on a complete recovery Dunny!

Having you back in full fitness will be a fantastic bonus for the new season.

I don't think Dunny looked that restricted coming on as a sub against Wigan so I suspect the timing of the op signals that the Rovers management rate Grella as fully fit now and safety as virtually assured.

• Backroom

I hope we aren't getting overly confident with this safety thing, if we somehow pull off a win tomorrow then maybe but otherwise I wouldn't bank on it.

Remember tomorrow we could be only 3 points clear with a worse goal difference

Archived