Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Dunn

47er

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blackburn midfielder Dunn offered lucrative move to Dubai

David Dunn is being offered a lucrative move to Dubai's Al-Nasr when his Blackburn contract expires in the summer.

However, Dunn's early-season form has also alerted several European clubs who would be interested in signing the 29-year-old midfielder on a free transfer.

Dunny is back to his best and it would be a shame to lose him if he keeps up this form more or less for the rest of the season. I think Dunny would love to stay, it looks like he is enjoying his football again playing for his boyhood club. The concern i have is our wage budget and whether the money is available to offer him a new deal.

It's working now but the problem is, word will soon get round among Prem coaches / managers that if you stop Dunn, you stop Rovers.

Pretty soon teams are going to man-mark Dunn.

Alardyce needs to have a plan B and C for when that happens.

Hull City knew what to do a year ago.

:rover: in todays paper it says dunny's out of contract in the summer and some arab teams after him as well as a few in europe,gives the club a poser :rolleyes: do we get him under contract now and he gets injured again or do we wait and he can talk to anyone :brfcsmilie:

It has been reported that Rovers are in talkswith all the players whose contracts are expiring- MGP, Dunn and Reid.

Dunn's probably earnt himself an extra 20% at least due to his recent performances.

No chance of pay as you play. He is our best player so we can't mess him around with that.

Only suprising thing is that he has not put pen to paper.... If I was Dunn with his injury record I would not fancy having my career open ended. A couple more injuries and he goes from looking every inch a top 10 prem player to no one in the division fancying the outlay.

Currently I can't see us offering anything more to Reid or Ped than what has already been on the table.

Currently I can't see us offering anything more to Reid or Ped than what has already been on the table.

Hang on a moment joey. Those two are chalk and cheese. Ped never misses a match and Reidy never plays a full one. imo Reid's career in the Prem is probably sadly over.

Hang on a moment joey. Those two are chalk and cheese. Ped never misses a match and Reidy never plays a full one. imo Reid's career in the Prem is probably sadly over.

Yes, but we have already made a series of offers to Ped which he has rejected/ignored. He has also been very very very average (and I am sure about to lose his place in the side on a pretty permanent basis). I can't see the two sides coming to an agreement unless Ped drops his demands.

Reid needs to get some games, but he is going to have to have a stormer if he is not going to end up having to ponder a 30 or 40% pay cut, probably pay as you play as well!

Reid does seem to like us, and is a bit of fighter, so I could see him biting the bullet and sticking around on less cash.

• Backroom

I'd happily have Dunn here till his legs go at this rate.

I've been critical of him in the past but his commitment seems better than ever and his output is fantastic

Watched the dingle DVD last night.

It was clear from that how much Dunn wants a goal against the dingles.

Hope he gets one, however I hope he doesnt play greedy on sunday and tries too hard - keep it sinple Dunny!

Keep it simple? Simple is pass and move isn't it? I hope he does, what he does best - runs at 'em and drags 'em all over the park. The dingles would love him to keep it simple Hughesy.

I've been wondering what would happen if as it seems our contract rebels don't sign up and leave on frees?

Gamst, Dunn and Reid leaving at the end of the season with no funds coming in, would surely screw us royal in the market next summer. I'll be surprised if Dunn leaves, but I can easily see the other two leaving, especially Gamst.

Gamst, Dunn and Reid leaving at the end of the season with no funds coming in, would surely screw us royal in the market next summer. I'll be surprised if Dunn leaves, but I can easily see the other two leaving, especially Gamst.

Dunn would be a blow - but we'd hardly miss Reid and Pedersen hasn't done anything for years.

To be honest Reid has been annoymous for 2 1/2 years so who cares about him...Is Brown out of contact too?

Think Dunn & MGP will both sign up again too, unless we shift MGP in Jan.

Den - I want him to dribble like he does, just not too try too hard and be that bit too greedy if there is someone in a better position that will just slot the ball home.

Den - I want him to dribble like he does, just not too try too hard and be that bit too greedy if there is someone in a better position that will just slot the ball home.

This is a good point and one that begs a question, don't we employ a sports psychologist and why hasn't he sorted him out? Ped's back in the day was awesome, you have to be playing at a high level consistently to be touted as Giggs replacement. We all know he's got it in him, we all saw it. So its not that so its got to be something else, surely its his job to sort these things out?

This is a good point and one that begs a question, don't we employ a sports psychologist and why hasn't he sorted him out? Ped's back in the day was awesome, you have to be playing at a high level consistently to be touted as Giggs replacement. We all know he's got it in him, we all saw it. So its not that so its got to be something else, surely its his job to sort these things out?

I'm sorry but i missed it. I saw a guy who once had a talent in a dead ball situation and someone who scored some outrageous goals. But other than that he was always pretty one dimensional. I'd love to see him find the back of the net with some more of those amazing strikes again. But only to give him the profile he once had and inflate his price. To say he has improved this year says it all. He's been unremarkable at best. Which is an improvement!!!

Anyway, this is off topic. As for Dunny. For me he is up there in the favourite stakes with Jansen, Hendry and Shearer. Sadly for us he is not a patch on the player he once was. His lost yard of pace is all too obvious. But the way he has played this season warrants the praise he has received. In a shambles of a midfield he has been superb. I pray he has as good a game as he did against the Dingles last time out. Perhaps the memory plays tricks on me. But i recall him getting tackled so hard by some 6 fingered sister sniffer, his legs almost went over his head. But as i recall Dunny pulled most of the strings that day and was a key figure in the 5-0 demolition. I think Dunny of old is a distant memory. But whilst he showing this seasons form we simply can't afford to lose him.

I'm sorry but i missed it. I saw a guy who once had a talent in a dead ball situation and someone who scored some outrageous goals. But other than that he was always pretty one dimensional. I'd love to see him find the back of the net with some more of those amazing strikes again. But only to give him the profile he once had and inflate his price. To say he has improved this year says it all. He's been unremarkable at best. Which is an improvement!!!

Anyway, this is off topic. As for Dunny. For me he is up there in the favourite stakes with Jansen, Hendry and Shearer. Sadly for us he is not a patch on the player he once was. His lost yard of pace is all too obvious. But the way he has played this season warrants the praise he has received. In a shambles of a midfield he has been superb. I pray he has as good a game as he did against the Dingles last time out. Perhaps the memory plays tricks on me. But i recall him getting tackled so hard by some 6 fingered sister sniffer, his legs almost went over his head. But as i recall Dunny pulled most of the strings that day and was a key figure in the 5-0 demolition. I think Dunny of old is a distant memory. But whilst he showing this seasons form we simply can't afford to lose him.

That'll be

Dunn would be a blow - but we'd hardly miss Reid and Pedersen hasn't done anything for years.

Thats just it hey, Reid for me needs to go. Peds, on the other hand im not too sure about. He has been @#/? for a while now, but with money tight at the club, who will we replace him with? Dunn is another player, who you not sure about. Good start to the season, but can he stay fit for the rest of the season? At the moment, its vital that Dunny remains fit, because if he breaks down again then we are in trouble.

Archived