BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Dunn

47er

Aah always optimistic hey TCO lol Im not so concerned about Dunn, but Reid is the one im most worried about. There has been no word on his progress, and he has been out for ages it seems. Can we continue to keep him on our payroll?

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Remember tomorrow we could be only 3 points clear with a worse goal difference

We have a better GD than Boro and Hull.

Very close to Pompey(who play us) and Newcastle(who have liverpool)

He has now had his operation and will therefore miss our final 4 games. Get him back sooner to get fit and work hard is obviously the plan by the Rovers management team.

If thats true it's a stupid decision given that we are not mathematically safe and that he is our main creative midfielder. We might well need his creative talents even if he is only half fit against the likes of Pompey and WBA.

At least Judge might stay fit enough to play more then 6 league games in a season!

But not good enough to be CHOSEN more than 6 games a season.

• Backroom
Aah always optimistic hey TCO lol Im not so concerned about Dunn, but Reid is the one im most worried about. There has been no word on his progress, and he has been out for ages it seems. Can we continue to keep him on our payroll?

I'm quite often wrong so as it stands I'd rather fear the worst and be wrong than feel we're safe and be wrong.

Ah modes the thing is though if we were to lose our games and others won theirs then obviously ours can only get worse as theirs gets better.

To be honest I think we should seal safety next week but I wont celebrate till we do.

If thats true it's a stupid decision given that we are not mathematically safe and that he is our main creative midfielder. We might well need his creative talents even if he is only half fit against the likes of Pompey and WBA.

Its true - they felt his injury wasnt responding well and was just getting worse.

Iceman - Reid is back in training and should have a full pre-season + extra under his belt, along with Emerton. Sam's team have been investigating Reid, Dunn & Grella for their bio-metrics and balance etc to work out exactly what keeps causing needless injuries - hopefully they will sort all 3 of them out this summer.

Its true - they felt his injury wasnt responding well and was just getting worse.

Iceman - Reid is back in training and should have a full pre-season + extra under his belt, along with Emerton. Sam's team have been investigating Reid, Dunn & Grella for their bio-metrics and balance etc to work out exactly what keeps causing needless injuries - hopefully they will sort all 3 of them out this summer.

Reid always has a full pre-season!

Reid always has a full pre-season!

Honestly, I'm very surprised that some Rovers fans still rate Reid...I'm just very skeptical of any player who is more than one season removed from any patch of consistent good form esp. if serious injuries are involved...he might never be the same again. Even then, we've no creativity in the midfield that we can expect to see play near 90mins. throughout a season. It is time to turn the page on our midfield. I will be sad to see Tugs, and Dunny go, but they are bit players at this point. (Thrilled to see the last of Moko).

I think Dunn will stay, but it needs to be on a massively lower-paid contract. At least until (or if) he proves himself fit. If he doesn't accept that he can leave, but I don't think even a Championship team will be eager to gamble on him and give him a big contract.

this reminds me of the last relegation season in the fact that time they decided to sell Sherwood because Flitcroft and McKinlay were returning to fitness only for both to break down.

This time they deceided to send Dunn for a much needed op on the premise that Grella is now clear of injury. Hope he stays fit otheriwse history of relegation could repeat itself.

Is it just me? If they wear our shirt you support them. Technical criticisms - okay fine, bad matches, okay fine. But for heavens sake writing him off like this doesn't help anyone.

Dunn deserves better than this guys. I've been lucky to chat to him once and he sees Rovers as his career. How many of you are sat here today knowing the people who pay your wages are publicly debating you and your replacement? One season fit and we'd be challenging for Europe. We don't have another player like that.

He has been INJURED and has had an OP, he's not faking it and for the time he's played (carrying a serious injury) we have looked a much better team.

Maybe he should have booked himself in for the op at Christmas eh like another Rover did?

Dunn deserves better than this guys. I've been lucky to chat to him once and he sees Rovers as his career. How many of you are sat here today knowing the people who pay your wages are publicly debating you and your replacement?

For the public part, it comes with the salary. For the other part, if I was only working 1/3 or 1/2 of the year, I'd expect my bosses to be looking for my replacement.

Is it just me? If they wear our shirt you support them. Technical criticisms - okay fine, bad matches, okay fine. But for heavens sake writing him off like this doesn't help anyone.

Dunn deserves better than this guys. I've been lucky to chat to him once and he sees Rovers as his career. How many of you are sat here today knowing the people who pay your wages are publicly debating you and your replacement? One season fit and we'd be challenging for Europe. We don't have another player like that.

He has been INJURED and has had an OP, he's not faking it and for the time he's played (carrying a serious injury) we have looked a much better team.

Maybe he should have booked himself in for the op at Christmas eh like another Rover did?

Yes, that's why I want him to stay, but the fact is we can't afford to keep paying him big money if he only rarely plays for us. It's not his fault, but we need players who are actually playing.

• 3 months later...

... and so the "dirty Blackburn" media campaign continues. Never mind, we're just a bunch of physical long-ball merchants, don'tcha know?

It really is pathetic. Mind you, Dunn could probably have chosen his words a tad wiser.

... and so the "dirty Blackburn" media campaign continues. Never mind, we're just a bunch of physical long-ball merchants, don'tcha know?

It really is pathetic. Mind you, Dunn could probably have chosen his words a tad wiser.

Personally, I think Dunn has stuck his foot in his mouth. He didn't need to say anything unless Big Sam asked him to put that impression in Citeh's minds so they look for the physical game and Big Sam intends on actually playing football, in which case it's mind games. But I can't see it.

Bloody hell David. I know he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but that's pretty stupid, even for him.

Not only is it bad publicity, but the referee will be all over us.

I notice he's said all this even though he's still injured and won't be playing.

Poor N'Zonzi's gonna take a kick or two for David!

Doesn't bode well for this season in terms of the fair play league, (its a joke league anyway but still i don't want to see us get another fine for coming bottom) we already still have the bad rep from years ago and these comments will only further put these feelings in the ref's mind.

Wonder what the odds are on us picking up a Red on Saturday?

Its the main headline on the BBC Sports page, the media hate us as it is and its only going to fuel them further.

Oh well nobody likes us and we don't care...

Has Dunny and Blackburn Rovers been betrayed by Andy Cryer and the Lancashire Telegraph for printing such comments.

Some of the stuff Cryer is printing lately smacks of a Dingle covering Rovers, today Cryer quotes Nelsen as an Australian centre half when did Ryan Nelsen become an Australian.

Us against big-spending City with all of their high-profile signings was always going to attract a fair amount of media interest, especially with the Mark Hughes and Roque Santa Cruz connections (even though the latter won't feature) but now that sh1t-for-brains Dunn has begun to use his immodest mouth before putting his very modestly sized brain in gear we can be certain that every misdemeanour for the rest of the season will draw excessive criticism from all quarters. Furthermore, tomorrow's referee will stirred up and you can guarantee City's prancing dandies will be writhing on the floor in faux agony if they are so much as breathed on. Well done, Dunny, even when you're languishing on the bench (which is most of the time) you're still a Grade A liability.

Archived