BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Dunn

47er

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Several sites reporting that Dunn will leave for Sunderland in the summer for a fee of under 2M..There have been rumours that he and Sam do not get on.

I'd take that with a pinch of salt '47er' the hes not getting on with Sam bit, this is probably a feasible line designed in order to gaining a fee for Dunny.

I'd take that with a pinch of salt '47er' the hes not getting on with Sam bit, this is probably a feasible line designed in order to gaining a fee for Dunny.

Looks like we'll have to fight our survival battle without him then. Since Givet came and allowed Warnock to move up and play attacking midfield he's had a starring role. So it sounds like Dunny's toys have come out of the pram .... again. <_<

If thats the case and he is willing to put himself before his supposed home town club then if we do go down it might be worth him staying in the North East permanently.

To think he and Joe Cole were head to head in potential a few years ago, what a wasted career with not a proper injury in sight! It must be a case of ... you can take a kid out of 'Arrod you cannot take 'Arrod out of the kid.

I really hope not. That would be the last glimmer of talent from our central midfield gone and thats a very injured glimmer.

It's a very expensive glimmer too. Factor his remuneration into his appearences and we could prob afford Kaka for two months every season. If we need his money for someone else then I'm all in favour.

£ for £ probably Mark Hughes' worst signing.

He would have been on a free 5 months after we shelled out good money for him, and we certainly didn't get 1.5 million quids worth of value out of Dunn between January and June 2007.

Or any time since. Has he ever managed to string more than half a dozen consecutive games together?

I can't believe that he's fallen out with the manager though ... that would put BFS in the same boat as Souness :unsure:

I can't believe that he's fallen out with the manager though ... that would put BFS in the same boat as Souness :unsure:

err..... Your slip is showing again Tris. You are employing much more cunning than Waggy granted but I can still see the hatred simmering just beneath the surface just waiting for the right moment to erupt. If we don't get relegated I fear you'll burst. :P

He would have been on a free 5 months after we shelled out good money for him, and we certainly didn't get 1.5 million quids worth of value out of Dunn between January and June 2007.

Or any time since. Has he ever managed to string more than half a dozen consecutive games together?

I'll hold my hand up here Tris - I was in favour of Dunny returning. I reckoned just having a local lad around the place would at least lift morale and lift the fans as well. His stats this season:

Competition

Apps (as sub).........Goals

League 6 (5)..........1

FA Cup 2 (0)..........0

Speak for themselves the stats, don't they?

It's such a shame. After Roque, I'd say he is our most naturally talented player. If he could keep himself fit, he'd be one of the Premier League's better central midfielders.

It's looking like Souness and Allardyce share the view that his mystery but continual fitness problems are all in his head.

It's such a shame. After Roque, I'd say he is our most naturally talented player. If he could keep himself fit, he'd be one of the Premier League's better central midfielders.

Have you forgotten the maestro?

It really would be a shame if he were to leave but he appears to be one of those players who will always be injured. Even when fit, he always seems to have had a slight limp as though his body is not suited to intense change of direction/movement.

It is also noticeable this season that when he returns to the team after injury, he has a couple of positive bursts at the opposition and then fades dramatically as if he is playing in Wellington boots.

C0105_wk18_montypython2_L.jpg

:lol:

If he goes for around £2 million at least we have another crack at spending that on decent midfielder.

When Ooijer goes to PSV we'll have £0 to replace him with, so I'd rate him as a far worse signing than Dunn.

err..... Your slip is showing again Tris. You are employing much more cunning than Waggy granted but I can still see the hatred simmering just beneath the surface just waiting for the right moment to erupt. If we don't get relegated I fear you'll burst. :P
Bracketing him with Souness was a compliment Gordon!

I'll hold my hand up here Tris - I was in favour of Dunny returning.
So was I Den, but 5 months later than he did, and for £1.5 million less than we paid

If he goes for around £2 million at least we have another crack at spending that on decent midfielder.

When Ooijer goes to PSV we'll have £0 to replace him with, so I'd rate him as a far worse signing than Dunn.

Harsh. Despite suffering a serious broken leg, I'll wager that Ooijer has contributed far more to the cause than Dunn since their respective arrivals. It's not his fault his contract is up and he can leave for nowt.

And if anyone actually wants to pay £2 million for David Dunn, we should snap their hand off before the men in white coats show up.

:rover: the guy is never fit,and if a club is willing to pay any amount i would take it,replace him with a ageing has been,just like bfs does :brfcsmilie:

Another dig at Sam Waggy, has he done something personal to you or something?

I think 2 million for Dunn would be good money for us at the moment because of Dunn's injurys. It's a shame really because on his day Dunn is a very good player, but sadly for him and us we don't see enough of him on the pitch.

:rover: the guy is never fit,and if a club is willing to pay any amount i would take it,replace him with a ageing has been,just like bfs does :brfcsmilie:

If the has been is fit enough to play 90 mins once a month he'll be better than Dunn's been recently

My work colleague lives in Snuffy 'Arrod and sees Dunn most days hobbling out of his gleaming Bentley like a 90 year old.Its a shame but the lad is physically knackerd at 28(?)....if he was a race horse they would have shot him years ago.

His appearance record this season speaks volumes.

Hughes and co were certainly good at keeping players fit, but with someone like Dunn I think it was more luck than anything else, he's had injury problems under too many managers now for it to be more than that. He's a sick note and would be hugely unpopular if he wasn't from the area. Undoubtedly possesses enough talent to play in this league, but no player is worth keeping around for 4 good appearances a season. If anyone is willing to buy him then I would certainly say it should be done. He must be on decent wages, so the transfer fee plus a reduction in the wage bill would be a smart move for the club. Getting rid of Dunn, Grella and Reid this summer should be one of the top priorities for the club. We can't afford to be leaking wages with players like that, even if it does keep our medical staff on their toes.

Archived