BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Dunn

47er

Definitely, he must still be injured.

That box-to-box midfield performance against Bolton already feels like years ago.

The one major mistake I think Allardyce made today was starting Dunn ahead of McCarthy. Otherwise no complaints.

Over the next month the regular partnership should be Benni and Kalinic. They make a good pair.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The one major mistake I think Allardyce made today was starting Dunn ahead of McCarthy. Otherwise no complaints.

Over the next month the regular partnership should be Benni and Kalinic. They make a good pair.

Jesus Joey, McCarthy for Duun is a bit harsh isn't it.

Most of us have been clambering for Dunn to play and up until he was injured (Again) he was causing mayhem to Villa.

I'm not sure McCarthy would have done that, especially from the off?

Agree with your striker partnership though.

I think that even if it wasn't clear all ready to Sam, (Contract discussions suggest that perhaps it was) Dunny can only be given a contract heavily based on bonuses.

At the start of the season he was on fire and our most in form player by a country mile, a few more knocks and he seems to be back to the player he was last season. He is a gifted player but with his current legs he can only be a luxury and by playing him we can only really ever play one up front. He just wouldn't be able to cut it anymore in a 4 man midfield.

Perhaps early season it caught people a little off guard, it soon became apparent to teams that with the 4-4-1 formation all you need to do is stop Dunn and you stop Rovers. Given his physical attributes it's not exactly difficult to stay tight to him and keep him out of the game. On the ball he can still be a great talent but he tries to do too much at times and really does struggle to get into games it seems when people stick to him early on.

Even if he could get back to the level he was at earlier in the year he's only one bad injury away from ending his Rovers career. Maybe it wouldn't be a career ending injury immediately, but if he picked up another injury that kept him out for 6 months or so I just don't see how he could come back at the premiership level, regardless of his decline through injuries he is now entering the latter stages of his career when the majority of players begin to decline, simply through age. In the case of people like Dunn who seem to lack fitness in general the decline will come much quicker.

There is no way we can possibly risk giving him another contract that isn't based on appearances, it's not just the cost of his wages sitting in the physio room, it's also the rehabilitation costs and treatment costs which will cost us yet more money.

I've always been a big fan of his and love watching him play when he's on form but we just aren't in a position to have him as a luxury. You can't base a team around him because as soon as he starts to do well or the team starts to perform well with him in the team you know another injury is coming and we have to try again.

After many years and thousands of posts on here, I finally come with something useful.

My friend used to work in a pub where a lot of Rovers players go (Craig Short used to love it apparently!), he's there tonight and said Dunny is there, he spoke to him and Dunn has said he's out for nine weeks.

I know no-one is going to believe me, so I'll just bring it up again in a few weeks and say 'I told you so!'.

he's there tonight and said Dunny is there, he spoke to him and Dunn has said he's out for nine weeks.

I know no-one is going to believe me, so I'll just bring it up again in a few weeks and say 'I told you so!'.

I can believe that all too well.

Would be less suprised by Andrews scoring a hat-trick.

• Backroom

I believe you LeChuck you don't seem like the bullsh1t type. Plus you're named after my favourite zombie pirate of all time.

And this is the same David Dunn who reportedly wouldn't sign a new contract? Good luck with that

• Backroom

9 weeks for a standard tackle. Insane.

Does this guy really have a future as a professional footballer? Much as he has the talent, his body doesn't seem to be up to the job. Certainly not at premier league level.

It's unusual to have such a precise indication so soon after the event. Many situations aren't even scanned until at least 24 hours after the incident because it's not possible to get a clear view of the problem.

Nice to see Dunny had got himself down to the boozer though - that will do wonders for his injury, much better to have it out and about rather than resting it at home.

It's unusual to have such a precise indication so soon after the event. Many situations aren't even scanned until at least 24 hours after the incident because it's not possible to get a clear view of the problem.

I must admit Tris that thought occurred to me after posting. My friend doesn't usually make stuff up, he's been seeing Rovers players in that pub for years but never said anything worth repeating, I can't see why he'd start making things up now...although the text was littered with mistakes so I'm guessing he's had a few!

9 weeks for a standard tackle. Insane.

Does this guy really have a future as a professional footballer? Much as he has the talent, his body doesn't seem to be up to the job. Certainly not at premier league level.

Well if he cant hack it at this level he would be raped silly at lower leagues where tackles come in from all angles, I always felt a bit of sentiment for Dunny as he is a local lad but looking at our squad im damn sure I would snatch the contract he rejected and offer him a pay and play basis if he doesnt want that onwards and upwards.

I dont see him ever getting back to his best and if he does how long is he going to be fit? We cant afford a player like this, simple as.

Most people that I have spoken to recently display a high level of animosity toward David Dunne and think it's time to call his bluff and either ship him out or offer him greatly reduced terms based on actually playing. If we take his career earnings and divide it by the amount of time he's been on the pitch he probably earns more than John Terry! I dread to think how often he will be laid in the treatment table gobbling up precious wages if we sign him on a again.

Most people that I have spoken to recently display a high level of animosity toward David Dunne and think it's time to call his bluff and either ship him out or offer him greatly reduced terms based on actually playing. If we take his career earnings and divide it by the amount of time he's been on the pitch he probably earns more than John Terry! I dread to think how often he will be laid in the treatment table gobbling up precious wages if we sign him on a again.

I agree.

Dunn, Reid or Pedersen - If offered new terms should be heavily reduced, and reliant on performances and appearances.

Between them they will be earning over £100k

I agree.

Dunn, Reid or Pedersen - If offered new terms should be heavily reduced, and reliant on performances and appearances.

Between them they will be earning over £100k

Maybe an 'Is Tyrone worth approx £150,000 per match?' poll on Dunny would be in order?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Perhaps

or

4. Is he (Please don't use that word again) aslike!

:brfc:

Maybe an 'Is Tyrone worth approx £150,000 per match?' poll on Dunny would be in order?

Yes

No

Perhaps

or

Is he (Please don't use that word again) aslike!

:brfc:

I just did some quick maths.......

Ok lets say he is paid £30k for arguement sake.....

He signed around the 16/01/07 - based on today 22/01/10

Thats 1102 days

Total played 87 games - Equivelant of about £54,285 per game

Started games 62 - Equivelant of about £76,175 per game

He has however been subbed off 37 times, so lets for arguement sake say thats in the games he started only.

So full games - 25 - Cost of £188,914 a game :blink::o

I just did some quick maths.......

Ok lets say he is paid £30k for arguement sake.....

He signed around the 16/01/07 - based on today 22/01/10

Thats 1102 days

Total played 87 games - Equivelant of about £54,285 per game

Started games 62 - Equivelant of about £76,175 per game

He has however been subbed off 37 times, so lets for arguement sake say thats in the games he started only.

So full games - 25 - Cost of £188,914 a game :blink::o

Just edited and numbered the choices Hughesy. So '4' it is then? :rover:

btw I bet it'll be bloody frightening if you factor his cost per match to Brum in!

Bolton got lucky it seems.

Archived