SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Dunn

47er

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I really hope that new contract he got was heavily Performance based otherwse we may have dropped the ball giving him another contract.

However well he played early in the season it's no help to us all the time he's out.

If anyone is daft enough to bid for him it would have to be considered especially if peds is staying as he's done a great job in that role and is far more likely to stay fit.

Dunn is one more injury away from doing a dean Ashton sadly IMO

• 3 weeks later...
  • Backroom

Many will disagree but I thought he was of very little use today, lazy and slow and a million miles away from the required fitness.

Would have much rather had Basturk in there but he must not be fit either

He showed a few fantastic touches early on, but then completely disapeared. I reckon it's partly to do with the fact that Chelsea were dominating possession, but also maybe because of a lack of fitness. He is our key man in a 4-5-1, so it shows when he doesn't perform. He shouldn't be too heavily criticised too much because most of the team were invisible first half. He's still absolutely vital to the way we play and should still be a first teamer.

• Backroom

I just think he gets offered a lot more room for error than other members of the team due to him being local, he gave the ball away cheaply today including one time messing around on the edge of our own box.

Playing in that position he should be busting a gut to get up alongside Niko but at times he just seemed to amble along

• Backroom

Better tonight, I thought the goals hid a lot of the flaws in his game today but the fact is he scored 2 so I couldn't care less, still doesn't look too fit though.

Interesting to see him and Salgado having it out at halftime

• Backroom

I said in the other thread my main gripe with him is he seems to think he's a lot better than he is and tries fancy stuff when a simple ball is often a lot better. A few times today he lost out in our own half by trying too much.

His first goal was a cracker tonight, the type that nobody else in our team would score imo

• Backroom

I think he'll be fine as it was a knock rather than a tweak or a pull

He'll be sore tomorrow but I imagine he'll be back, it will mean the world to him after all

Why the hell was Sam leaving him on for 90 minutes with a big game on Sunday? He should have come off the moment he scored the second. I think everyone could see it coming, I winced everytime he got tackled.

Perhaps it is my memory playing tricks here, but wasn't there a game this season where Dunn showed outward displeasure at being subbed by Sam (and in the similar circumstance of protecting him)? If there was, then maybe this had something to do with it?

Dunny was playing well, the team were winning and those three points almost guarantee our status as a prem league club, that for me is more important than Burnley on Sunday, we beat them once, we are safe, so whilst I would love to win, our safety is far more important.

our status as a prem league club, that for me is more important than Burnley on Sunday

If Burnley win on Sunday and we don't play them for years - we'll never hear the end of it. Sunday is far more important. Bringing Emerton on for Dunn after 70 minutes would have made us more solid if anything. So while Ferguson is a dirty get - Sam only has himself to blame I'm afraid.

With survival all but certain Sunday is now the game of the season for us.

I have never ever felt defeat at the hands of the dingles in my life time something that I am very proud off. I'm sure that there are many other Rovers fans who are in the same boat, we have nothing else to play for now other than finishing inside the top 10 and a result at Turd will help that as well as extent the 31 years of pain.

If Burnley win on Sunday and we don't play them for years - we'll never hear the end of it. Sunday is far more important. Bringing Emerton on for Dunn after 70 minutes would have made us more solid if anything. So while Ferguson is a dirty get - Sam only has himself to blame I'm afraid.

And here it is, the post that sums it all up..

Allardyce get's slated if he brings certain people off, even when proved correct, but now he's getting slated for NOT bringing off our best player when defending a 2-1 lead.

If we'd have brought Dunn off after 70 minutes, and then Birmingham equalised, there'd be hell to pay around here.

Archived