BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Dunn

47er

And here it is, the post that sums it all up..

Allardyce get's slated if he brings certain people off, even when proved correct, but now he's getting slated for NOT bringing off our best player when defending a 2-1 lead.

If we'd have brought Dunn off after 70 minutes, and then Birmingham equalised, there'd be hell to pay around here.

Spot on...when we were bringing Hoilett off, I said to the guy next to me, he will take Dunn off - about 3 or 4 jumped in and said 'he best not' - he would of been booed for it. He cant win with some fans.

We won 2-1. Dunn got Injured because of Birmingham getting away with kicking what they wanted, only the ref to blame for that one!

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Allardyce get's slated if he brings certain people off, even when proved correct, but now he's getting slated for NOT bringing off our best player when defending a 2-1 lead.

If we'd have brought Dunn off after 70 minutes, and then Birmingham equalised, there'd be hell to pay around here.

[/quote

Pathetic isn't it?

Dunn scored two last night but we can win without him anyway.

Dunn can't play 3 games in 8 days anymore. There is no way he should have still been on the pitch when he got injured. Did he play an hour at weekend? We should have limited him to 70 minutes last night.

I'm sorry but that's nonsensical.

Would United take off Rooney if defending a slender lead, regardless of the next fixture?

I appreciate the Burnley game is huge to us fans, but the current game is always the most important, and had Brum have equalised and Dunn not been on the pitch, last night I can't see where the win would have come from.

Is Rooney capable of playing three games in a week? Is Dunn?

You can't compare the two.

If you said to me you can definitely win last night but not have Dunn on Sunday I'd take it every time.

With a clean slate we can beat Burnley regardless of Dunn playing or not.

Last night, for whatever reason, Dunn was the difference, and by removing him from the game we would have removed any further scoring on our part.

Dunn has played 3 games in a week once this season. In November he played 85 minutes at Bolton on the 22nd, 90 minutes at Fulham on the 25th and then lasted 32 minutes against Stoke on the 28th. We then didn't see him play again for over a month. I'm not suggesting he shouldn't have played last night – but there was no way he should have played anywhere near the 90 minutes. Most fans will have forgotten the Birmingham game by next season. Sunday’s game will be remembered for a long time to come by both sets of supporters. Like you said, without Dunn we wouldn’t have won last night. I just hope that’s not the case on Sunday.

Why the hell was Sam leaving him on for 90 minutes with a big game on Sunday?

You know, I'm a bit concerned that Sam doesnt see Sunday as as big a game as the rest of us do.

I am pretty sure he does, can you imagine the backlash he will get if we lose.

Can't imagine him wanting to be known as the 1st manager to lose to the dingle in over 30 years, pretty sure Williams will be explaining how important it is, do you think they will get a bonus for derby wins ?

You know, I'm a bit concerned that Sam doesnt see Sunday as as big a game as the rest of us do.

He virtually said that after last nights game. That's the professional coming out. To him, it's more important to get to safety, than it is to beat Burnley.

You can't really argue with that can you. I'm sure he'll be just as professional on Sunday and go with the best team available. BTW, he said Dunn would tell the staff that he was fit for the Burnley game, but Sam himself and the coaches would decide that. The professional coming to the forefront again. He wont have partly fit players turning out simply because of who the opposition is.

He doesn't. He's a manager not a fan and every 3 points is important to him. That's why he was so delighted with last night's win and why he left Dunn on until he had to take him off. I agree with him. Burnley is another game. It matters to some fans more than any other because they've grown up with the rivalry, but to some of us, whilst we'd love to win it, it's not the huge game it is to others. Can't help it but I grew up hating Sunderland if anyone, and since I want to win every game, I want to win Sunday too, but the end of the world if we lose - not for me.

Dunn was awesome last night and even at only 80% needs to start - He runs the derbies :)

Even if we can only get 45 mins out of him we have to start him and then see what we are like at half time and see weather we birng on junior, brett or FDS or even Roberts..

Bring on the dingles...

The main issue i had with it was that it looked like Dunny was struggling well before the Ferguson challenge, looked like he was feeling his calf again (at the weekend he was taken off because of this).

am i the only person who thought dunn wasted a lot of energy chasing down pointless balls last night, leaving him even more knackered than usual? i'm all for closing down but he has to know his limitations and not run half the pitch to close the keeper down and then walk for the next three minutes. people are talking about allardyce not thinking about sunday, but i reckon dunny is in the same position.

just a minor criticism, good game from him, wish he'd gone off as soon as he'd scored his second.

The main issue i had with it was that it looked like Dunny was struggling well before the Ferguson challenge, looked like he was feeling his calf again (at the weekend he was taken off because of this).

He didn't look injured to me when he was chasing every ball and doing the running for Roberts & Diouf.

He was injured when Ferguson went through him, and as Sam said the ref just let it go and we had to take him off.

am i the only person who thought dunn wasted a lot of energy chasing down pointless balls last night, leaving him even more knackered than usual? i'm all for closing down but he has to know his limitations and not run half the pitch to close the keeper down and then walk for the next three minutes. people are talking about allardyce not thinking about sunday, but i reckon dunny is in the same position.

just a minor criticism, good game from him, wish he'd gone off as soon as he'd scored his second.

Yep - he was doing it all the game - throwing late slides in & stretching way too much....Sunday is another game, last night the boys inc Dunn & Sam had eyes only on last night....thats how it should be.

Sunday is a MUST NOT LOSE not a must win.

• Backroom

I've noticed this, he seems to make attempts to close down where not needed sometimes then isn't up to speed when he should be on the move.

One time in the first half he chased a ball down then when someone else won the ball he couldn't get forward and just stood on the halfway line near the riverside similar in the second half when he spent ages stood offside in the box whenwe could have broke.

Still I think roberts should have been doing some of that running second half, rather over eager than lazy anyday

Why the hell was Sam leaving him on for 90 minutes with a big game on Sunday? He should have come off the moment he scored the second. I think everyone could see it coming, I winced everytime he got tackled.

Does 3 points v Burnley take us further up the table and gain us more booty than 3 points v Birmingham?

Since responding to the above I've just read more posts and am stunned by some of the stupid comments on here. We are Blackburn Rovers not Melchester Rovers. <_<

I think Sam sees Sunday as a chance to climb the league table. Sam's ego being what it is, he'll want to be as high up the ladder as we can reach. We still have a few matches, such as against Burnley, Portsmouth and Wolves can get us to 47. If Sam can take three points from ManU, Everton, Villa and Arsenal we can still hit a very respectable 50. So I have every confidence that Sam is focusing his entire attention on beating Burnley.

Any news on how Dunn is?

On any rational basis, Sam cannot possibly view a defeat on Sunday as anything other than a total catastrophe. All the good work steadily winning people round would be chucked away and he would enter local folklore as a dingle hero.

Any news on how Dunn is?

On any rational basis, Sam cannot possibly view a defeat on Sunday as anything other than a total catastrophe. All the good work steadily winning people round would be chucked away and he would enter local folklore as a dingle hero.

Thats a silly post. Have you been in the playground this morning?

'Rational basis'? Surely you mean 'irrational basis'. Football does not work like that and you should know it. Otherwise how come we got a point off Chelsea last week? Rem also that the dingles did beat MU at t'turf this season.

Might be unpalatable .... and it is.... but in reallity a defeat will simply be a lost opportunity to get 3 points off a struggling club.

Thats a silly post. Have you been in the playground this morning?

'Rational basis'? Surely you mean 'irrational basis'. Football does not work like that and you should know it. Otherwise how come we got a point off Chelsea last week? Rem also that the dingles did beat MU at t'turf this season.

Might be unpalatable .... and it is.... but in reallity a defeat will simply be a lost opportunity to get 3 points off a struggling club.

Good heavens Gordon - you and I agreeing about something else! I'd love to beat Burnley, but then I love it when Rovers win full stop. You get no extra points for beating local rivals, just the same 3 as for beating the club that you quite like other than Rovers. It might make the fans feel good but for players and manager and for large numbers of our fans, it's 3 points to be won, regardless of the opposition.

That's just not how it works. He could win five on the bounce and then lose to Burnley and there would be a fan backlash. That's how it works. Beating Burnley probably means more to the fans than a couple of places in the league table. There is more to winning this game than three points and Sam no doubt realises that.

what will be remembered for years and years? us finishing a place or two higher in the league or another victory against burnley. true on paper it is only three points, but everyone knows it is more than that and to kid yourself into believing that at the end of the day it doesn't is like denying an extra dimension's existence. sam will no doubt tell his players to treat it like another game (to ease pressure since we are the better side and a performance like we have seen recently with exception to birmingham should be enough to see us win) but everybody else knows different.

on a side note i now have nothing to do until the match. nothing but think about every conceivable possibility. it's pretty scary.

Archived