BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Dunn

47er

I'd much much rather it was Hoilett but that looks a large ask right now

In some ways I agree. However - IMO this shows that Dunn's heart is at the club. If Hoilett has any genuine feeling for the club - he will eventually sign - if not we can only hope to get some form of development fee. One hope - remember all the rumours about Dunny not signing - proved not be true - lets hope we have similar good news on Hoilett

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really? How does it show that? To me it shows that he knows he wont get any better

You honestly think that a premier league club- that is similar in size to Rovers could not have offered Dunn a better deal at the end of the season? Can you name many other creative midfield players in the league who have scored as many goals as him and have the ability that he has?

Just watched Dunn interview on Rovers World. Have listed what he said below:

Wanted to sign new contract for a while

He had other clubs who were interested in him

Club means everything to him and he only wanted to play at Rovers

Informed his grandad before signing it earlier today!

• Backroom

You honestly think that a premier league club- that is similar in size to Rovers could not have offered Dunn a better deal at the end of the season? Can you name many other creative midfield players in the league who have scored as many goals as him and have the ability that he has?

I don't think he would have got a better deal in regards to he wants to stay in the north west for his daughers according to interviews, he will want first team football as well.

Bolton is the only other viable option and he's just as well staying here.

I think it's naive to believe he has stayed due to his love of the club and not the love of the contract offered to him. Same with anyone these days.

One things for sure though if he can get that form back from earlier this season he can be huge for us and him being a Rovers fan does obviously spur him on more.

I honestly don't get the negativity about Dunn. He hasn't ever said he wouldn't sign a new contract, like someone else said he's scored more goals this season than a lot of other attacking midfielders in the league (despite playing less games) so I don't see the the down side to him re-signing for 2.5 years. If he scores 6-10 goals a season from midfield then that is a bonus.

• Backroom

Agreed if he scored 6-10 a season from midfield it would be great as long as another striker isn't forfeited to fit him in.

As it stands he is playing instead of a second striker and up to now is obviously doing better than the rest of our underperforming (or underplayed) bunch

My main problem is his fitness, out of those 2.5 years we are paying him for its feasable to expect he may only play about a seasons worth of games. I heard a stat but can't remember it exactly but dunn has only competed in the Xmas fixtures 2-3 times in the last 10 years, it may be wrong but I wouldn't be surprised.

Just watched Dunn interview on Rovers World. Have listed what he said below:

Wanted to sign new contract for a while

He had other clubs who were interested in him

Club means everything to him and he only wanted to play at Rovers

Informed his grandad before signing it earlier today!

A proper footballer and Blackburn player.

I hope you guys sing his name out loud tomorrow vs Wigan. He deserves it.

• Backroom

Glad Dunn's signed, as when he's on form he's one of the best attacking midfielders in the division. I'd hope it to be incentive based, but it probably isn't. Still, we rarely sign anyone significant these days anyway so I don't think a renewal of Dunn's contract will change much.

Thanks for this Maj, this is the kinda thing I was getting at. Considering the amount that clubs pay their medical teams, I'm amazed that it happens. Although it is a very common footballing injury, to have five seperate players out with the same injury at the same time suggests that something isn't quite right.

Oh, and great news about Dunn! Would love to know how the deal is structured and hoping it incentivised in a way that rewards minutes on the pitch.

It was a good spot.

You'll get no argument from me, its not right and I'm sure whoever is doing the strength training has a sore ear. The two need to be in balance, not to the same strength levels as you'd look bloody funny, but if the hamstrings can't cope with the forces produced by the contraction of the quadriceps, then eventually they will give.

You would think that this sort of thing wouldn't be an issue as you suggest. But when people are silly enough to buy in to such things as the omega wave system (50K a year), well nothing surprises me anymore where thats concerned.

You are, of course, right. I myself have worked hard to get a good balance between the strength of my quadriceps and hamstrings. Then again, it really is just common sense - I've started doing upper body work and make sure I work the opposing muscle groups equally. Muscle inbalances cause injury, simple.

I am not sure about this one at all, early season he was mean and lean, now he looks as though he has piled on pounds and not half as sharp, is it me or has anyone else noticed?

He does look heavier. If he hasn't already, he needs to get himself back to and/or stay with his trainer who put his body in balance (per one of his recent interviews).

You are, of course, right. I myself have worked hard to get a good balance between the strength of my quadriceps and hamstrings. Then again, it really is just common sense - I've started doing upper body work and make sure I work the opposing muscle groups equally. Muscle inbalances cause injury, simple.

You want to get your hands on a isokinetic dynamometer then you'll be able to get it spot on. Curiously do you do any type of core training? I'm assuming your a gym man?

I am not sure about this one at all, early season he was mean and lean, now he looks as though he has piled on pounds and not half as sharp, is it me or has anyone else noticed?

Yup, posted it further back in the thread. Just as we get rid of one overweight footballer another comes along.

Hopefully he sheds the pounds quickly and gets back to the form he showed at the start of the season.

But I am glad he's staying, he's a rover and I think its very important that we have a fan on the pitch not just for the team but as much for us the fans as well.

Hey maybe we could start a 'dunnwatch' clock on the board along the lines of the 'last time the dingles beat us' clock. The Dunn version could show in one box his salary ticking up, a middle box for his minutes on the pitch and a box on the right for £ per minute. <_<

Hey maybe we could start a 'dunnwatch' clock on the board along the lines of the 'last time the dingles beat us' clock. The Dunn version could show in one box his salary ticking up, a middle box for his minutes on the pitch and a box on the right for £ per minute. <_<

what a marvelous idea :wacko: lets really keep reminding people how much he earns and try and turn some of the crowd against him. Just because he's an actual fan of the club and is living the dream that we would all chop a bollock off for. I really don't understand any of the criticism of him at all.

what a marvelous idea :wacko: lets really keep reminding people how much he earns and try and turn some of the crowd against him. Just because he's an actual fan of the club and is living the dream that we would all chop a bollock off for. I really don't understand any of the criticism of him at all.

What he gets not what he earns is a more accurate.

So basically you are willing for us to continue to pay him about £130,000 per match? :rolleyes:

As I said in another thread if Dunn does not sign a contract it is only because of greed, where are the people now who were claiming that Dunn hates the manager? Surely you dont sign a new contract if that is the case? I think we can safely assume that as it is an extra 2 years on his contract that it is probably the same wages/performance related, where is Hughesy when you need him ;)

:rover: busy watching bumley,he states dunny would not sign a new contract because he hates lardarse,then dunny signs one,i reckon david dunn knows something hughesy does'nt :blink::brfc:

Archived