BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] £20 For The Rest Of The Season

Ozz

Guest Vinjay606
The whole Darwen End (And the Blackburn End for that matter-they are mirror images) holda around 7,800, of which the lower holds around 4,800.

Speaking of mirrors, why oh why have Rovers not re-developed the Riverside stand-It's an embarrassment when people watch our matches on the telly and all they see is a bus shelter full of whinging geriatrics etc.

There's enough camera angles to showcase the more impressive stands. If Jack had still been here in 2001 he probably would have had it re developed. It was supposed to happen of course had relegation not happened.

I would be more worried about what people hear from the fans i.e continual obsessive chanting about lower league clubs. That's more embarrassing.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

one of my neighbours (PNE fan :angry2: ) is an architect. He worked for Whittles (the boss is on the Board at PNE and designed Dumpdale) and he went out to Jersey some 3 or 4 years back to present a new design for the Riverside to the Trustees at the request of the Trustees; this was eventually turned down as it was not worth rebuilding the Riverside due to the lack of support and the linked issue of a lack of return....ie. it was not worth it.

So in brief.....it ain't going to happen....why waste cash !?

It should be very easy to resite the gantry !

Couldn't the club get Nike to sponsor a new gantry? I mean even Stanley have Nike. It's a disgrace. The sooner someone buys the club and get's us a Nike sponsored gantry, relocated to the new 20,000 seater 'Nike Riverside Stand' of course, the better.

Actually I heard that the main reason the Riverside hasn't been redeveloped is because it would mean having to rehouse the Lancashire Water Rat which is an endangered and protected species. That and the cost.

Oh, and I hope we sell some more tickets for the Darwen End - it'll never be cheaper and we need all the help we can get. £6.66 per game - good grief.

3 out of the 4 blocks (as per the OneRovers website) have now sold out ... so to those people who doubted the people of Blackburn would respond :P

Or maybe there'll only be season ticket holders sat in the other 3 stands, hope thats not the case

:rover: if you buy your tickets match to match,your going to take advantage of the offer,3,500 have been sold,but will the gate be higher by that amount,average home gate must be around 19k rovers fans,if we have 22,500 it will be deemed as succesfull :brfcsmilie:

Ozzie - it would cost us millions, money we dont have to waste + its not like we can even fill it now, and that only holds 5000. If it was a 'mirror' of the Jack Walker stadium then we are talking an 11,000 seater stand!! Thats an extra 6000 empty seats!

Take your point H, but there is no rule that states every newly built stand must be full to capacity every match. If there was our cousins to the east would be still throwing coins and hurling abuse from the Bee Hole End and our pretentious neighbours to the west would still be paying to watch games at the old Dumpdale.

I'm sure there are imaginative ways to create a compact and linear Riverside, without necessarily increasing capacity. Think of how Arsenal's sleek two-tier North Stand replaced the old bank of terraces at Highbury.

Ideally the club would re-create the two-tiered effect of the (pre-Walkers Steel) old Riverside, whilst finally bringing us all in to the 21st century.

I'd have thought it's a matter of personal prestige and self-improvement, whilst at the same time finding other means to use our assets to raise long-term cash and further utilise the fantastic asset that is Ewood Park.

Rebuild it as a mosque :closedeyes:

I have advocated something along your (whimsical I know) idea previously.

If I had any influence, given the demographic nature of the town, I'd be looking along the lines of seeking investment from enlightened British or foreign Islamic investors who might be interested in establishing some form of moderate, whole community, Islamic cultural centre.

This might have the effect of drawing some of the poison peddled in the unregulated local mosques, that are currently over-represented by the virulent strains of Wahhabi and Salafi Islam propagated by petro-dollars from the Saudis and the Gulf States.

Such enlightened self-interest could have several beneficial economic and social effects and would put the club in the vanguard of reversing the decline of the town and the pernicious self-segregation that is storing up potential future strife between communities.

Imagine; the Aga Khan Riverside!

Alas I fear both Blackburn and BRFC lack the ambition to pursue such a process.

On another note, are the club waiting for these 'the crucial 3' games to announce season ticket details for next season? Surely if there are many new fans not on the database / a large amount of walk ons present at these games then the club would be missing a trick by not heavily marketing next year's season tickets.

On another note, are the club waiting for these 'the crucial 3' games to announce season ticket details for next season? Surely if there are many new fans not on the database / a large amount of walk ons present at these games then the club would be missing a trick by not heavily marketing next year's season tickets.

we don't know who we'll be playing next season.... :unsure:

Apparently there are only a few tickets left now for the Darwen End Lower.

Prices for all other areas of the ground are only £15 Adults and £5 Seniors / Kids so there really is no excuse for a poor crowd on Sunday.

Anyone have any update on what sort of gate we are expecting?

Guest Vinjay606

I doubt hardly any tickets have been sold in the £15 areas yet (considering anyone thus far would probably take preference to the £20 offer) so would probably be difficult to estimate the gate at the moment.

The club are waiting to see which league we will be playing in before announcing next year's prices - the marketing will obviously be different. Everyone who bought the £20 offer will now be on the database if they weren't before and will be directly targeted, probably particularly at the new unreserved seating area.

i know its off topic, but why do people continue to diss the riverside stand just because it doesn't look as plastic as the others on the telly?

for me its the best stand in ewood park, if only because on a rainy day you are protected as long as you aren't in the first 5 rows. compare that to the other 3 stands.

Archived