BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool Preview

This is proberly the worst effort i have ever seen. I have supported Rovers since 1991. And i cant remember to have seen at match that we have lost before it even had begun.

The starting line is a mystery to me, first half was a pain, second almost cost me my life. NO EFFORT, NO PASSION OR FIGHT !!!!

Come on i must say this is even worse than when we were relegated, now we most hope that Stoke gonna win today. Otherwise it´s going down to the last day.

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How can Andrews be considered better than Khis at RB? How can the immobile Dunn (he could scarcely walk when he came off) be considered better than Carlos. Unfortunately Sam has a very set attitude against them and would rather play cripples and round pegs in square holes.

Only good point for me was the attitude, effort and SKILL of Doran and Carlos, but I have no doubt we won;t see them again this season

I don't think we'll see Doran again until we're safe. I'm sure come next week normal service will be resumed and Carlos won't see the light of day again. Very frustrating.

• Backroom
CANT REPLY im disgusted at the entire rovers today.

can't say I blame you, I'm not mainly cause I don't dare to be, I'd rather try and look on the positive side whilst there's still a positive side to look at. If not it'd just get me down too much.

7 players out through injury - 8 if you include Benni who was obviously kept out of harms way. Add Dunn having to play when he clearly shouldn't have and Tugay starting at the age of 38.

Allardyce took the gamble of losing this one. I can't imagine any of the sides below us giving games away as easy as that for the rest of this season. Let's hope this gamble today pays off.

the problems is DB

its impossible not to think about the lack of a performance despite the lack of effort by Rovers players today.

Stoke City will have seen that game as will Newcastle. Their game has to be the most important of today.

As much as I hate Stoke they have to win its as simpe as that.

Rovers in the meantime must now regroup. If we saw the football route today at Anfield, then next week will see an aerial bombardment from both teams.

Whoever is the strongest comes out on top and for me Rovers do not seem to have the fight to stand up to teams.

i feel sorry for the fan who got conned out of 38 quid

It's done, we were a shambles today, I thought with Sam in charge we'd have an "in your face" side out today, but it was far from it. Our next 4 games are crucial!

Stoke

Wigan

Pompey

City

Win any two and draw one and that's our premiership safety secured.

Next week is a crucial one, 3000 fans to roar us on!

Close this topic! :P

The downside of todays performance for me is, how it will reflect on the Stoke game. BS has spent weeks getting the players to focus on how they played last season to get us out of trouble and then this.

That has to be one of the poorest performances from a BRFC team for as long as I can remember.

Not surprised by the score but the performance I cannot except. :angry2:

the problems is DB

its impossible not to think about the lack of a performance despite the lack of effort by Rovers players today.

Stoke City will have seen that game as will Newcastle. Their game has to be the most important of today.

As much as I hate Stoke they have to win its as simpe as that.

Rovers in the meantime must now regroup. If we saw the football route today at Anfield, then next week will see an aerial bombardment from both teams.

Whoever is the strongest comes out on top and for me Rovers do not seem to have the fight to stand up to teams.

Can't disagree there, but the way the rovers team was set out today, it was a no brainer that we were going to get tonked.

It was obvious that with a 6'5" guy at the front what the tactics were going to be.

It was always going to be a defeat, but look to the positives. This now put pressure on all of the top teams to win all their games. So no rollovers against any of the bottom teams for those challenging for the premiership.

Probably yes. But what did you expect with the side we were able to put out.

I still expected more from this side than that mate,I really did.

I agree entirely, the lack of quality and strength in depth within this side is shocking and I can only come back to my point about literally begging the Ewood money men for some investment this Summer or its going to be more of the same.

Those are the depressing facts.

7 players out through injury - 8 if you include Benni who was obviously kept out of harms way. Add Dunn having to play when he clearly shouldn't have and Tugay starting at the age of 38.

Allardyce took the gamble of losing this one. I can't imagine any of the sides below us giving games away as easy as that for the rest of this season. Let's hope this gamble today pays off.

Last week Boro went to Bolton, a far more winnable fixture for which they had a better injury situation and a worse league position than us. It was about as close to a must-win game as you could get. They lost 4-1, to Bolton. I would venture their fans would swap league positions today and take a heavy defeat at Anfield to avoid such an atrocity. They may yet be envying Fat Sam's pragmatism come May.

Myself and Mr. Allardyce probably disagree on the team selection. We will probably agree that the performance was totally unacceptable regardless. Just because he sent out a negative team does not mean he intended for them to play like muppets and ship four goals. That said, if I had to choose between my injury hit squad busting a gut on the off chance they might get a point at anfield or making sure we had the best possible chance of taking points from Stoke I would probably do the same thing in the circumstances, galling as it is.

If Benni had gone out and got injured today leaving us without a striker for the next couple of games we'd all have been screaming blue murder.

Firstly, Torres is NOT the best striker in the world, he is behind Henry, E'to, Villa, Huntelaar, RVN IMO. Its the players around him that make him so good.

Corr playing in the team top of the league, plays for best national team in Europe, scored in euro final, 3rd place in world player on the year, just scored a genius goal

Think your NOT is should a probably or maybe

Corr playing in the team top of the league, plays for best national team in Europe, scored in euro final, 3rd place in world player on the year, just scored a genius goal

Think your NOT is should a probably or maybe

He woz lucky. As I said a fluke and a foul.

Missed 2 sitters.

I agree entirely, the lack of quality and strength in depth within this side is shocking and I can only come back to my point about literally begging the Ewood money men for some investment this Summer or its going to be more of the same.

I agree. Unless we find some money from somewhere we will continue to struggle. I would have loved nothing more than a closer encounter today. Nothing more. I'm awash with a sense of sickness at being thrashed again this year. But a sense of perspective is needed. If we had conceded 4 to Bolton like Boro did last week then we would be in proper deep @#/?. But it was a liverpool side on the back of a mid week beating of their own.

The fact is we are getting cut adrift from a lot of sides in this league. Even a Spurs side who have flirted with relegation outclassed us last week. But this was always going to be the case. Our strongest side would have competed to a greater degree. But we are well short of having the luxury of fielding our best side. Sides like Spurs who can spend tens of millions of pounds will obviously have better pedigree of players than us.

I'm sure Allardyce recognises this. As Hughes did. So, in order to combat it we have to play a direct physical game. Today it didn't work. We had to put out a poor side against a world class side. We got what every bookmakers accross the land thought we would get. Comfortably beaten.

The answer will be no I assume. There is a financial mess the world over that has to be sorted before hard earned wealth is wasted / frittered away on something as unimportant as Football.

BUT

I'd have accepted 2-0 but yet again we ran out of steam on 80 mins against a top team. Lets keep it in context.

1. We are weak but the abomination that is the Champions League is the real culprit.

2. Fulham's score last week was OK but they could have been buried under an even bigger avalanche of goals but for the woodwork. 3. Two of todays goals were right out of the blue and must be contenders for goal of the month. (btw for our army of football purists, Torres's btw benefitted from a good old fashioned punted LONG BALL from the Lpool half! Shocking eh? :rolleyes: )

4. We do have an army of wounded and walking wounded who are only playing through necessity. And a similar number that I have a feeling Allardyce will pot asap if we survive.

The rest of the results today are of more importance as they always were going to be cos I am sure that no one on here gave us a snow flake in hell's chance of winning today .

The rest of the results today are of more importance as they always were going to be cos I am sure that no one on here gave us a snow flake in hell's chance of winning today .

Someone with a bit of sense. I don't understand why some people thought we would get anything from it. For Rovers, next weeks encounter with Stoke is the important one.

Win that and it's all looking a lot brighter.

Archived