BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool Preview

Guest Vinjay606

A few modifications in positional, personnel changes wouldn't really make a difference today. The general overall attitude hasn't been right.

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply
is it just me or is Andrews playing in a different game?

he is out of position

his passing is awful

he cannot read the game

his forward positional sense is missing

he cant defend

Apart from the second half against West Ham you could have posted that in any game this season.

I think your missing the point RibbleValleyRover, its the attitude to the game that a lot of us are annoyed about.

Our best 11 may possibly of been spanked by Liverpool, but if the attitude was correct, then i doubt many of us would be complaining.

Its been seriously noteable how much we allow the opposition to run at us, without making a tackle or putting the foot in. There must be something seriously wrong, when we have a better squad of players than other teams, yet those teams can hold the big 4 to draws. The formation is making us look silly, the performance even more silly.

The team knew going into this game we had no chance it's sad but true, i agree more effort should be shown from the players to close people down etc but we have Tugay who's 80 and Dunn who is so injured he shouldn't be playing, Andrews who is Andrews and a bunch of kids

As long as we stay up this season then I will be full of praise for Sam. He knows the games were we need to pick up points so as long as he does that then job done.

If we have the same attitude next season then fair enough we will have room for complaint but let's not forget what position we were in when Sam came in and were we are now.

Like many posters, I just cannot comprehend why we aren't putting in the effort and application. Liverpool are 2-0 up and have a massive game midweek yet they are playing as though their lives depend on it. But is this much different from the first 80 minutes last week? Let's see how we stand up next week to a team of real battlers

You clearly don't come on this board very often, or indeed know any Rovers fans :rolleyes:

Not all Rovers fans are as pessimistic as the majority of this board are. TBH i used to post on here a fair bit a few years ago until it became what it has become today. Totally off topic so i'll get back on topic.

I really do laugh at those who expected anything but a tubbing here. We are playing Treacy and Mokoena, anything less than a tubbing would be wonderful.

I expected a heavy defeat when i saw the starting line-up and your right anything less would be wonderful, but again as i keep harping on about, we also expect effort from the team regardless of the scoreline.

Archived