Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool Preview

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rovers starting 11 = £16 M

Torres £27M

Yet-

BRFC Debt almost nothing compared to Liverpools £350M + £350M for a much needed new ground.

Is it any wonder you get games like this when this is allowed to happen.

People won't keep paying to watch exhibition matches.

Pathetic!

Goal difference was important prior to the game to maintain it or keep it reasonable. 4-0 has put pay to that!

Liverpool = knife

Blackburn = butter

I feel so sorry for all those fans who travelled down probably anticipating defeat and hoping for a draw. They didn't even get a performance from our lads. The lack of effort was palpable. :angry:

I just hope Sam's decision to rest all 20-odd members of his squad - including those he chose to walk around Anfield - pays off and we have some good results against those teams when it really matters. I just hope that goal difference doesn't come into our survival hopes.

Very disappointed and could say worse things to describe how I'm feeling after this game but will restrain myself. We need some help from other games around the place today. I've not seen Rovers turned over so comprehensively since Ince was in charge.

Honestly, part of me would rather us go down and watch competitive games against similar teams, in a league that we would likely be near the top of, rather than scrapping for points off other poor teams, and writing off any games against teams in the top 4.

Games like today, the continual domination of the Prem and Europe by Chelsea Man U, Liverpool and Arsenal just prove that football is dying. No wonder people are losing interest

trelleborgs ,arse the other season,cardiff battering us at home in the eighties or city dicking us six around the same time.

Today was an absolute pathetic ,embarrasement ,im ashamed to be a rover tonight.

no abs, last weeks game against spuds was far worse than that as a footballing spectacle, and we won!

Honestly, part of me would rather us go down and watch competitive games against similar teams, in a league that we would likely be near the top of, rather than scrapping for points off other poor teams, and writing off any games against teams in the top 4.

Games like today, the continual domination of the Prem and Europe by Chelsea Man U, Liverpool and Arsenal just prove that football is dying. No wonder people are losing interest

Your wrong, if we drop we do a Charlton or Southampton. The fall will be further than the Championship it will be 1st Div.

The problem is, if we go down, we won't be competing with anyone because we won't be able to afford to buy and pay any players worth having.

The problem is, if we go down, we won't be competing with anyone because we won't be able to afford to buy and pay any players worth having.

You say that like we've got players worth having at the moment .... ;)

We predicted a drubbing, we got one. Move onto Stoke which takes on 10000000x the significance of this game. Focus on winnable games, not away to League and Champions League contenders.

Attitude isn't something you can turn on and off.

Robbo man of the match (never thought I'd say that)

Samba up front was as I expected - no chance of anything, his heading isn't subtle enough to find players

Only good point for me was the attitude, effort and SKILL of Doran and Carlos, but I have no doubt we won;t see them again this season

The line-up smacked of defeatism. I've been generally happy with Allardyce, but his selections for matches against top teams have been baffling. Its like we've given up even before we started.

Villanueva again showed that given the opportunity, he could be useful. Treacy will never ever cut it. I wonder what Ince saw in him to promote him. He's quite clearly out of his depth.

Although the result was within expectations, the lack of gut and gumption was awful to watch. On to Stoke now and hopefully we have more fight then.

1.YOU CAN type WIth whatever case you like ,i dont care.

2. fickle ? who ? so called fans who?

3. liverpool are competing for the title? whoppy do lets roll over and die before we start.

THaNk you.

I refer to those on hear who express poisonous rubbish every match day. Those who seem to believe they are far more qualified to pick the side than any given manager we may have in charge. Those who seem to believe they have some insight into how we have approached each and every game. Those who claim to have "inside" information from everything to transfers to contracts. Pure nonsense.

The simple facts are we have RSC, Reid, Diouf, MGP, Emerton and Roberts all injured. An un-fit Dunn and Grella and our best centre half reduced to being a makeshift target man. You have to admit thats six 1st team players out plus 2 at unacceptable levels of fitness and a key players out of position. Almost a full 11!!

Make no mistake, effort was not a problem today. But when you play against a side who make as much movement as Liverpool or any of the top 4, effort is simply wasted chasing shadows. We bang on about our top stars every year. Last year it was RSC or Bentley, then McCarthy before them, then Bellamy. The fact is we only ever have one or two shining lights per season. Players who could command big money. The likes of Liverpool have 6,7 maybe 8. It reflects the huge and ever expanding divide between the top 4 and everyone else.

Quite frankly we might as well have not turned up.We all knew we were in for a very hard game but the lack of effort and commitment shone through today......what the hell has happened to the brave and battling Rovers of not so long ago??

I'm sorry but a CHAMPIONSHIP side would have made a better fight of it,you just know the reason why so many empty seats were in the Rovers end.

:angry:

I plead once again that the Rovers money men make serious coin available during the Summer as this limp side wearing our famous colours are simply not good enough.

Let's not focus on us v a champions league team and start complaining about the state of the English game.

Today we were awful, completely without fight and flawed from the beginning due to a bad squad, bad squad selection and having too many lazy spineless players who either feign injury to avoid playing or go missing when on the pitch.

You say that like we've got players worth having at the moment .... ;)

Very good point, my friend!

I'm off out tonight so will be having a good few drinks to take the pain away. I guess this is our pay-back for those 3 points last week. The contrast in my mood immediately following both games couldn't be more extreme!

Archived