BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Revamped Riverside Stand ?

In light of Hughesy's plans to develop the new East Lancashire conurbation that is Nuttall Street, incorporating a luxury hotel, Bollywood cinema, multi storey car park, bowling alley, boating lake, snooker hall, go kart track, bingo hall, crazy golf and helicopter landing pad - I'm pleased to report I've found out where he's posting from

Head_taped_prank.gif

or here even

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An additional use to incorporate into a stand is what has happened at Preston where there is a healthcare centre within, along with a gym. I cant really see more retail or (none football) entertainment working in Ewood, but can see leisure, education, healthcare and small business making ago of it. Does anyone know if the business incubation unit has worked in the Darwen End, as that could be expanded to other areas.

It is also worth remembering that there are plans by the council to make a big roundabout outside McDonlads and create a bus terminal, which could give Bolton Rd a 4 lane bybass feel.

There were also other plans from about 5 years ago to build a road from Walkersteel skirting past the Res and emerging down near Uncle Jacks on Branch Rd.

• Backroom

If they ever built a multi storey you'd be mad to use it.

Ever tried getting off a multi storey after a gig at MEN or Liverpool Echo Arena?

If they ever built a multi storey you'd be mad to use it.

Ever tried getting off a multi storey after a gig at MEN or Liverpool Echo Arena?

Are they barrier free?

With multiple exits?

And with the traffic stopped to allow the traffic out?

No we are not spending we are discussing 'options' to develop it - considering that IS part of his first phase of plan.

Perhaps those people at ewood didnt want big supermarkets, or the church getting knocked down...they dont always get what they want.

That's OK then

Multi-storey is aimed at saving space for other developments, whilst still maintaining a good level of parking....as for how much it would make.....Say 2000 cars @ £10 each, 21 times a year (inc ave 2 cup games) = Thats over £400k from the season.......It would then also be used for 'other events' such as U-21 games, Music Events etc....It wouldnt take long for it to start earning money - your just being short sighted.

£10 to park? You're joking aren't you. IF the club was to invest in this sort of thing what is needed is out of town Park & Ride, not £10 a throw to get stuck on Bolton Road or Livesey Branch.

As for the Blues bar....quick example for you - Against Celtic in the Uefa cup, Fernhurst made £33k PROFIT in one day from away fans....It DOESNT matter if its empty all week - it will make a killing if its big, and has lots of selling points when the big teams come here. Again short-sighted...

Clubs cant make money if they dont have ambition!

Ever heard of overheads Hughesy? You can't run a business on the basis of making money one day per week. Of course it matters if it's empty all week - the challenge should be make sure it's busy all week, which is a real challenge.

£10 to park? You're joking aren't you. IF the club was to invest in this sort of thing what is needed is out of town Park & Ride, not £10 a throw to get stuck on Bolton Road or Livesey Branch.

Ever heard of overheads Hughesy? You can't run a business on the basis of making money one day per week. Of course it matters if it's empty all week - the challenge should be make sure it's busy all week, which is a real challenge.

£10 to park he says with astonishement!!!! YES £10, the same price they were charging on the land where the church used to be against Everton, the same car-park which was full :o:lol: ....so if Scousers will pay it, them im SURE southerners etc will pay it.

Yes iv heard of overheads, im sure business during the week will keep it ticking over, its match days where the money is to be made.

the best football car parking I came across was at the new Southampton Stadium. Out of town, easy access park and ride with double decker buses by the dozens that moved on as soon as they were full. Quick in and quick out and the bare minimum of delays.

I park in the BBE car park at Ewood...£250+ and a wait to get of 45 minutes minimum to get off (unless we play say Norwich in the C Cup) and then a crawl round the triangle and up Livesey Branch road. The last thing that we want is more paid for car parking at Ewood.

The only answer is park and ride, and better puiblic transport.

I park in the BBE car park at Ewood...£250+ and a wait to get of 45 minutes minimum to get off (unless we play say Norwich in the C Cup) and then a crawl round the triangle and up Livesey Branch road. The last thing that we want is more paid for car parking at Ewood.

The only answer is park and ride, and better puiblic transport.

Entirely agree PB. I don't use the car parks for home games but have done for a few aways when I've been using the coaches. Even with a couple of hundred cars to get off the BE car park it takes ages : for Burnley away it took over half an hour, maybe nearer an hour. And it was the middle of a Sunday afternoon by then so it's not as though Bolton Rd was chocker meaning cars couldn't get out of Nuttall St (if it is Nuttall St there). Multi-storey? No thanks, and if anyone does use it once they won't use it a second time. Park and ride is a much better idea.

In light of Hughesy's plans to develop the new East Lancashire conurbation that is Nuttall Street, incorporating a luxury hotel, Bollywood cinema, multi storey car park, bowling alley, boating lake, snooker hall, go kart track, bingo hall, crazy golf and helicopter landing pad - I'm pleased to report I've found out where he's posting from

Head_taped_prank.gif

Nice try but it doesn't appear to have stopped him posting. I'm still getting the 'you have chosen to ignore' messages. :(

• Backroom

Are they barrier free?

With multiple exits?

And with the traffic stopped to allow the traffic out?

No and neither would one be if it was built at Rovers, it's just inpractical.

Some of your other idea's are decent but this is a non starter I'd imagine.

No and neither would one be if it was built at Rovers, it's just inpractical.

Some of your other idea's are decent but this is a non starter I'd imagine.

Its easy if they get the logistics correct & get control over traffic to allow cars to exit.

If you build the train line, perhaps you could have those carriages that take cars as well ala the channel tunnel. They could let all the cars off further down the line and then go back and get more. :tu:

;)

Is there nowhere to build another road say along side the train line straight to the M65???? Oh and whats all that lovely land behind Ewood used for???

Just come to this thread and as a riversider i want to speak out for the stand.

OK toilets and bookie facilities are a bit sparse but i actually come to the ground to watch football. Its a perfectly ok stand as long as you don't sit in the front 6 rows where you get wet in the rain and your view is blocked by early-leavers, late-arrivers.

Yes. you get wet in the first 6 rows! Not the first 26 rows like the other 3 stands

Also: Bolly(e)wood as an attraction to the local asian population? are you joking? most "asians" in blackburn are pakistani descent, but bollywood is an indian industry. Not the same thing, by any means!

Must go: time for my traditional english paella and haggis breakfast.

Archived