BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Revamped Riverside Stand ?

I think just over 35k capacity would be fine for now and if it gets filled then the 2 corners of the Riverside could be filled in to increase.

The point is the Riverside needs developing - and if it is done - it would no doubt include corporate or hotel for example. Now if it's being built (and there are ambitions for us to get gates over the current capacity of 30k) then it would be stupid to build something and not expand the capacity of it.

It's impossible to get 35,000 people into a 30k stadium - but you might if you have a 35k stadium there waiting!

I do believe that when Ewood is 'nearly' sold out (29k gates) it is because people dont want to pay £30.00+ to sit right in the top corners of the ground - and will watch on TV instead... I think if we had more prime seats available we would maybe get 31k+ at present for the United and L'pool games.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Putting a £40k extension on the side of my house could increase its overall value by £70k.

The new build construction of a new stand would in the overall scheme of things increase the value of the stadium above the investment. I would guesstimate the cost in the region of £7m for a new stand as we tendered PNE's new stand a couple of years ago.

A hotel could work as the Star Lodge at the Fernhurst in fully booked every game with both home and away fans. I do think we could do with some form of other facilities in the ground. More of a community stadia. A sports themed bar along with the Blues bar could be interesting as the town centre is dead!

However, we can surmise all day. If the takeover does go through then it is up to our new owner to decide what he does.

I think the best way to look at this is to say that AAS has spotted that the stadium has physical scope for growth and development which would be needed if all his plans come to fruition.

Even if the new stand took a year to build, a three sided Ewood still holds about 26,000.

THE DEAL HASN'T GONE THROUGH YET.

Like everyone else I'm praying it does, but some of the posts on here are embarrassing. No confirmed investment and already we have a hotel, a car park, a gym and redeveloped ground FFS.

Dancing around cheering like whores at a capitalist gangbang. I'm still waiting for the plans for a helicopter landing pad, a boating lake and a bingo hall.

Bluebruce - Whilst Syed wont invest in Alcohol - it doesnt mean he wont build & lease out the building that its based in...and take a cut of profits from.

You've utterly no idea what it means so please don't present it as fact bud. I'd wager it does mean that, or there would be no point taking a moral stance on it.

THE DEAL HASN'T GONE THROUGH YET.

Like everyone else I'm praying it does, but some of the posts on here are embarrassing. No confirmed investment and already we have a hotel, a car park, a gym and redeveloped ground FFS.

Dancing around cheering like whores at a capitalist gangbang. I'm still waiting for the plans for a helicopter landing pad, a boating lake and a bingo hall.

The life of mear mortals does tend to go into fantasy, but that is all part of being human, so live with it

A lot of people seem to be forgetting that Mr Syed won't invest in any alcohol-related activities. A shame really, especially if that applies 100%, as most of the best ways to make money in and around the ground would involve alcohol.

So Ewoods going to be tee-total, no booze on sale???

I do not for one second believe that would be well received. Here's my money rovers fans but there's one catch no more alchol can be sold/consumed at Ewood.

I can only assume that by that he means I wouldn't buy a pub or a brewery.

Some people on here totally amaze me :wacko: They`re spending this guy`s dosh already. Multi-story carparks making the club money?....maybe for 20 days of the year. What about the other 345 days? :huh: The same goes for bigger blues bar. That place is dead except on match days.

Maybe the people who live in the houses on Bolton Rd don`t want forcing out? Maybe they like living where they do. Maybe they don`t want to see a 6-story concrete carpark every time they look out the window? As for it being a nice little earner (the carpark)....they cost £millions to build. By the time it`s paid for itself, it`d need knocking down & replacing.

The idea of a new stand incorporating a hotel is probably a good one, but a bollywood cinema?? If i decided to open a 'white films only' cinema, i`d be hung drawn & quartered for being a racist. It works both ways. Blackburn has a brand new cinema complex in the town center....& it caters for all colours & creeds.

I`d be happy to see a few better quality players on the pitch & seeing the club being run responsibly, not like Portsmouth, Hearts, City etc...

COYB :rover:

Some people on here totally amaze me :wacko: They`re spending this guy`s dosh already. Multi-story carparks making the club money?....maybe for 20 days of the year. What about the other 345 days? :huh: The same goes for bigger blues bar. That place is dead except on match days.

Maybe the people who live in the houses on Bolton Rd don`t want forcing out? Maybe they like living where they do. Maybe they don`t want to see a 6-story concrete carpark every time they look out the window? As for it being a nice little earner (the carpark)....they cost £millions to build. By the time it`s paid for itself, it`d need knocking down & replacing.

The idea of a new stand incorporating a hotel is probably a good one, but a bollywood cinema??

I`d be happy to see a few better quality players on the pitch & seeing the club being run responsibly, not like Portsmouth, Hearts, City etc...

COYB :rover:

No we are not spending we are discussing 'options' to develop it - considering that IS part of his first phase of plan.

Perhaps those people at ewood didnt want big supermarkets, or the church getting knocked down...they dont always get what they want.

Multi-storey is aimed at saving space for other developments, whilst still maintaining a good level of parking....as for how much it would make.....Say 2000 cars @ £10 each, 21 times a year (inc ave 2 cup games) = Thats over £400k from the season.......It would then also be used for 'other events' such as U-21 games, Music Events etc....It wouldnt take long for it to start earning money - your just being short sighted.

Bollywood Cinema to attract more people to the area - no reason why they couldnt build both.

As for the Blues bar....quick example for you - Against Celtic in the Uefa cup, Fernhurst made £33k PROFIT in one day from away fans....It DOESNT matter if its empty all week - it will make a killing if its big, and has lots of selling points when the big teams come here. Again short-sighted...

Clubs cant make money if they dont have ambition!

Thought he had just invested £300m in an IRISH firm??! So much for not investing in Alcohol...

How many Indian restaurants have you been to that don't serve alcohol. Might be a few in the Asian areas but all the one's i've been too are only too keen to shove as much as they can down your neck while you are there..that applies to jersey too...there is not one here that is booze free..

In light of Hughesy's plans to develop the new East Lancashire conurbation that is Nuttall Street, incorporating a luxury hotel, Bollywood cinema, multi storey car park, bowling alley, boating lake, snooker hall, go kart track, bingo hall, crazy golf and helicopter landing pad - I'm pleased to report I've found out where he's posting from

Head_taped_prank.gif

Archived