BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Revamped Riverside Stand ?

Local business and pubs will suffer, but progress is progress.

Just a thought........

Local businesses don't necessarily need to suffer, just to adapt a bit, if we created food courts and the like and sold either franchises or allowed businesses to rent a booth. Invite partnerships with the priority/incentive given to local businesses.

I know we all love our club and want it to do well, but it would be even better if the whole area can benefit without being at the expense of local small businesses.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Local businesses don't necessarily need to suffer, just to adapt a bit, if we created food courts and the like and sold either franchises or allowed businesses to rent a booth. Invite partnerships with the priority/incentive given to local businesses.

I know we all love our club and want it to do well, but it would be even better if the whole area can benefit without being at the expense of local small businesses.

For the Everton game, some friends of mine who frequent the Brown Cow on Livesey got the ok from the landlord/lady to sell burgers/hotdogs/bacon butties etc...at the front of the pub. They did very VERY well out of it.

I think they`re doing the same tomorrow, but maybe changing location to the beer garden.

On a similar note....to beat the queues at the bar, the brown cow did 660ml bottles of stella for £3 :tu:....cheaper than a pint, more than a pint (568ml) & they don`t spill as easy ;)

get your arses down there for home games! ;)

For the Everton game, some friends of mine who frequent the Brown Cow on Livesey got the ok from the landlord/lady to sell burgers/hotdogs/bacon butties etc...at the front of the pub. They did very VERY well out of it.

I think they`re doing the same tomorrow, but maybe changing location to the beer garden.

On a similar note....to beat the queues at the bar, the brown cow did 660ml bottles of stella for £3 :tu:....cheaper than a pint, more than a pint (568ml) & they don`t spill as easy ;)

get your arses down there for home games! ;)

Gave up going in half way through last season as the beer was terrible, the place stunk and just generally it was a dump.

Has it been taken over?

Gave up going in half way through last season as the beer was terrible, the place stunk and just generally it was a dump.

Has it been taken over?

Yeah, it`s slowly being done up too.

Nice couple have it now. The landlord works on security at ewood on match days.

New covered beer garden for smokers,

New carpets, seats & been given a coat of paint.

They seem to be putting a good bit of effort into the pub. The last guy who ran it is a decent lad, but only managed it for his dad. His heart wasn`t in it & he was a Man Ure fan.....so had zero interest for match days. All they meant was more work for the same weekly pay.

Plenty of staff in there for matchdays.....all rovers shirted up & lots of effort being put into it.

Give it a visit ;)

I'm with you 100% Rovers will only grow gates two ways- and these are linked.

1) Marketing the club aggresively outside the heartlands of east lancs and other local areas.

2) A successfull team

always makes me laugh when fellow Rovers fans state how good it is to see so many Lancashire teams doing well. We need Blackpool, Bolton and Wigan relegated and PNE and the Dingles never to come up.

We need to be the ONLY club doing well in the region outside the Liverpool and Manchester clubs.

We need to press home to al the north west that affordable and avaliable seats are here for you and your family. Loss leading coach travel etc.

Otherwise we will NEVER see Ewood full to 30000 nevermind 40k+!

Really mattyblue? It makes me bloody weep!

My daughter who went to the match on Tuesday asked me in all seriousness 'Why did so many Rovers fans not bother to go against Norwich?'

:blink: I wasn't able to provide a valid reason but meandered on about how a Cup match against a top team would have attracted a much bigger crowd than the next 3rd Div league match. I've thought more about it and I still can't give a good reason and especially when tickets are so cheap.

Great idea, think you stole it from me though :P

Abbey makes a great point, you need to follow the NFL model in my opinion, Ewood should be a hive of activity from 9am on Saturday match days, like the tailgate parties in the states. Its not just about the 90 minutes these days, its about the whole experience and the NFL do it just right, $100 tickets for a whole days entertainment that starts at 8am and finishes at 2am the following morning.

The Ewood area needs to be totally revamped with the club buying up the land and making the whole place Roverville.

Large Outdoor screens showing games and interviews, bars serving decent food and drink and that’s before you get into the ground, all run by the club.

Look at the areas before you enter Universal studios or Disney, over the top maybe, but you can spend ½ a day going through those areas before you pay your ticket money and get to the theme parks.

Just a thought........

It'll never work. East Lancashire, and the people in it, are not the same as the USA and NFL crowds. We're miserable gets and proud of it.

Half a day = Getting rained on for hours before and after the game with the added bonus of being intimidated, and possibly beaten up, by a group of ###### up teenage chavs? Maybe I'm being harsh. They might not be teenagers.

Maybe I'm being a bit flippant and extreme...

My daughter who went to the match on Tuesday asked me in all seriousness 'Why did so many Rovers fans not bother to go against Norwich?'

:blink: I wasn't able to provide a valid reason but meandered on about how a Cup match against a top team would have attracted a much bigger crowd than the next 3rd Div league match. I've thought more about it and I still can't give a good reason and especially when tickets are so cheap.

I know what you mean, Gorden.

We're repeatedly told that it is a competition that doesn't matter and we've repeatedly seen very weakened sides. People don't go for the same reason that we don't go to the resrves?

I always go to league cups games, BTW (at home!)

I live in Ewood. Whilst I don't want to have my house knocked down I DO want to live in the middle of an all day party.

Swings and Roundabouts :lol:

Partys at yours then Mogster! :)

Extra cost....weeknight game...school holidays or late notice games all will have some sort of impact.

Extra cost....weeknight game...school holidays or late notice games all will have some sort of impact.

Agreed, however there is a good percentage of season ticket holders that simply cannot be arsed.

I personally enjoy it, less pressure than the league, chance of a run, see some different faces, but each to their own.

Well I didnt attend - but it was for personal reasons, far from any of those. I did however know 8 ST holders who were all away due to School Hols...and im sure their are plenty more. On nights like that - it should be FREE entry for kids.

Great idea, think you stole it from me though :P

Abbey makes a great point, you need to follow the NFL model in my opinion, Ewood should be a hive of activity from 9am on Saturday match days, like the tailgate parties in the states. Its not just about the 90 minutes these days, its about the whole experience and the NFL do it just right, $100 tickets for a whole days entertainment that starts at 8am and finishes at 2am the following morning.

The Ewood area needs to be totally revamped with the club buying up the land and making the whole place Roverville.

Large Outdoor screens showing games and interviews, bars serving decent food and drink and that’s before you get into the ground, all run by the club.

Look at the areas before you enter Universal studios or Disney, over the top maybe, but you can spend ½ a day going through those areas before you pay your ticket money and get to the theme parks.

Just a thought........

Closet Yank???? Heh Heh

Agreed, however there is a good percentage of season ticket holders that simply cannot be arsed.

I personally enjoy it, less pressure than the league, chance of a run, see some different faces, but each to their own.

Or in some cases (like myself!) a lot of people work shifts.

As much as I would love to see the Riverside done up,it is impossible to justify it with attendances like today`s.Against a quality side like Arsenal,I was very surprised how low it was and can only put it down to people being on holiday.... :wacko:

Caught 5 minutes of the Arsenal game today whilst at the rugby league at Wembley, both the Riverside and the BBE looked low on numbers with the Riverside looking about 1/2 full.....why build a bigger stand? Make it smaller with better facilities (disabled facilities for example).

Caught 5 minutes of the Arsenal game today whilst at the rugby league at Wembley, both the Riverside and the BBE looked low on numbers with the Riverside looking about 1/2 full.....why build a bigger stand? Make it smaller with better facilities (disabled facilities for example).

At least move it forward. Watching people walking in when the match had already started makes our club a laughing stock, ditto leaving before the end. Other fans do it but it's not so obvious.

I cringe when it's on TV.

Surely your not saying we should REDUCE the capacity?

BBE, JW and Riverside had circa 4000 empty seats between them, there wouldnt have even been 500 empty seats in the Riverside, but becasue they are all at the front/corner it makes it looks worse than it actually was.

BBE, JW and Riverside had circa 4000 empty seats between them, there wouldnt have even been 500 empty seats in the Riverside, but becasue they are all at the front/corner it makes it looks worse than it actually was.

I'd be interested to see what the prices for Fulham are - hopefully an incentive to get more bums on seats, although the away following will still be poor.

Apparently there are no set prices this season and each match will be decided individually.

Archived