BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Revamped Riverside Stand ?

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least move it forward. Watching people walking in when the match had already started makes our club a laughing stock, ditto leaving before the end. Other fans do it but it's not so obvious.

The Makems wwere streaming out in their thousands today. Not just us then. Silly blighters.

I was at the stadium of light for the city game and there was a lot of empty seats all around the stadium, even city didnt sell all their ticket allocation.

Some clubs are just asking for ridiculous prices for home games and it is just too expensive travelling away on occasions.

For £6 you got a beer (plastic bottle of fosters) and a scrawney pie. For £5 you got a cup of coffee and large hot dog whilst outside the ground you could get burger and chips and a drink for £2.90. Even a bottle of coke was £2 whilst outside it was 85p.

I understand the need to make a profit but inside grounds nowadays clubs are making over 100% profit on a pie (maybe more), the mark up on drinks must be at least 200% whilst propgrammes cost £3.00.

Add that to the ticket prices and travel and it is bloody expensive

Surely your not saying we should REDUCE the capacity?

Actually yes (talking point), with a capacity of say 27,500 we will have a greater demand for tickets.

If you go to Warrington Rugby League in their new ground and they have 11,000 on it is rocking and a fantastic atmosphere, go to WIgan DW stadium with 20,000on (on a good day!) and the place is like a morgue. We need a ground to suit our purposes and Ewood is too big (await scorn and derision for this heretical post).

Actually yes (talking point), with a capacity of say 27,500 we will have a greater demand for tickets.

Hasn't our prospective new owner said he intends to increase support for the club. How would that work with a reduced capacity?

Villa also had a lot of empty seats, Bolton only managed 18,000 whilst Wigan v Chelsea last week was only 14,000.

Attendances are dropping because of the prices... even anfield didn't look quite full.

Prices plus easy media availability and general public dissillusionment with the product.

Typical BBC

1) they trot out the Rovers as an example of not being able to sell all our tickets and HAVE THE NERVE to show as an example of high prices!!!

2) Can anyone tell me if the PL are in or out of the VisitEngland scheme- because the way the article is written it has totally confused me!

Typical BBC

1) they trot out the Rovers as an example of not being able to sell all our tickets and HAVE THE NERVE to show as an example of high prices!!!

2) Can anyone tell me if the PL are in or out of the VisitEngland scheme- because the way the article is written it has totally confused me!

He's making excuses for Arsenal not selling out, doesn't seem to stop Spurs selling out the same allocation though. Arsenal have never travelled well to Ewood on the whole from what I can remember, more recently they’ve brought decent followings but back in 90’s some of the followings were poor.

If he's looking for empty seats, he could look at numerous clubs including Sunderland where both the home and away fans failed to sell out, thats poor for City with all thats going on there.

"Chelsea are by no means alone when it comes to being reassuringly expensive. Take Arsenal's visit to Blackburn this Saturday. Seats in the away section cost £35 for adults, £25 for over-65s and £15 for under-16s, all with booking fees.

Shifting the 4,800-seat allocation at these prices has not been easy. In fact, the Gunners have taken the unprecedented step of emailing the 160,000 supporters on their database to remind them these tickets are still available.

It almost goes without saying that the reason Arsenal have 1,800 more seats than the minimum allocation is Blackburn cannot sell those seats to their own fans."

£35 Expensive??? Has he looked at United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool prices to start with??? :rolleyes::rock:

Presumably it's a picture of a Rovers car park as I can't see anything?

Hughesy if you feel £10 is a reasonable price for car parking that's fine by me. I know plenty of spots that are £3 and don't have a 45 minute wait to get out after the game. The day Rovers charge me, that's ME, no one else £10 to park is the day I'll feel the club have ripped me off. Some people have more money than sense.

The day Rovers charge me, that's ME, no one else £10 to park is the day I'll feel the club have ripped me off. Some people have more money than sense.

I agree totally however it shows people will pay it, so the club should milk it all they can!

If you go to Warrington Rugby League in their new ground and they have 11,000 on it is rocking and a fantastic atmosphere, go to WIgan DW stadium with 20,000on (on a good day!) and the place is like a morgue. We need a ground to suit our purposes and Ewood is too big (await scorn and derision for this heretical post).

Spend money to reduce capacity would be ridiculous... a backward step and statement saying we have no ambition of increasing the fan base. We got more than your figure of 27,500 3 times last season!

I'd be quite happy to renew the Riverside (with the same capacity or a modest increase) with better facilities and have the potential to make bigger if and when required. I've said before that something similat to what PNE have done - a smaller capacity than the rest but the height in line with the rest to give the ground a 'complete' look.

I agree totally however it shows people will pay it, so the club should milk it all they can!

Agree completely Hughesy - If they're willing to pay it, why not! I wouldn't personally but other mugs will. It was quite busy against Norwich too when I walked past and the price was the same.

I thought we hadf seen the last of ticket prices like that at Ewood. :rock:

It was that price last season too, so when did you think that happened from?

£35 to watch a top 3 team isnt alot....the likes of £47 at United IS expensive! Thats my point.

It was that price last season too, so when did you think that happened from?

£35 to watch a top 3 team isnt alot....the likes of £47 at United IS expensive! Thats my point.

It relatively isn't as much compared to United, but it is still a lot.

Archived