BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Revamped Riverside Stand ?

Just come to this thread and as a riversider i want to speak out for the stand.

OK toilets and bookie facilities are a bit sparse but i actually come to the ground to watch football. Its a perfectly ok stand as long as you don't sit in the front 6 rows where you get wet in the rain and your view is blocked by early-leavers, late-arrivers.

Yes. you get wet in the first 6 rows! Not the first 26 rows like the other 3 stands

Also: Bolly(e)wood as an attraction to the local asian population? are you joking? most "asians" in blackburn are pakistani descent, but bollywood is an indian industry. Not the same thing, by any means!

Must go: time for my traditional english paella and haggis breakfast.

I sit on row 5, you do get wet but your view doesn't get blocked with leavers.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just come to this thread and as a riversider i want to speak out for the stand.

OK toilets and bookie facilities are a bit sparse but i actually come to the ground to watch football. Its a perfectly ok stand as long as you don't sit in the front 6 rows where you get wet in the rain and your view is blocked by early-leavers, late-arrivers.

Riverside gives a good view except for those bloodt stanchions but it should have been built right up to the perimeter wall. More atmsphere and more intimidating and the thousands of early leavers would not be highlighted drearily trudging away early every time we are on telly.

btw Years of going to Ewood and I'm still mystefied why anybody would leave before the end. It's mind numbing in concept.... would anybody do that at the pictures ffs?

Unless we are 0-3 down in sub zero temperatures and there is free beer in the local pubs from 4.30-5.00pm served by topless barmaids with nipples like fighter pilots thumbs then leaving before the final whistle is completely beyong my comprehension.

Riverside gives a good view except for those bloodt stanchions but it should have been built right up to the perimeter wall. More atmsphere and more intimidating and the thousands of early leavers would not be highlighted drearily trudging away early every time we are on telly.

btw Years of going to Ewood and I'm still mystefied why anybody would leave before the end. It's mind numbing in concept.... would anybody do that at the pictures ffs?

Unless we are 0-3 down in sub zero temperatures and there is free beer in the local pubs from 4.30-5.00pm served by topless barmaids with nipples like fighter pilots thumbs then leaving before the final whistle is completely beyong my comprehension.

That's the most attractive prospect of a rebuild from Mr Syed, rather than Hughesy's 'Walker World', to bring the new Riverside stand to pitch side.

I don't think there's a premiership ground anywhere with fans walking in and out whilst the games still going on.

No we are not spending we are discussing 'options' to develop it - considering that IS part of his first phase of plan.

*Perhaps those people at ewood didnt want big supermarkets, or the church getting knocked down...they dont always get what they want.

Multi-storey is aimed at saving space for other developments, whilst still maintaining a good level of parking....as for how much it would make.....**Say 2000 cars @ £10 each, 21 times a year (inc ave 2 cup games) = Thats over £400k from the season .......It would then also be used for 'other events' such as U-21 games, Music Events etc....It wouldnt take long for it to start earning money - your just being short sighted.

Bollywood Cinema to attract more people to the area - no reason why they couldnt build both.

***As for the Blues bar....quick example for you - Against Celtic in the Uefa cup, Fernhurst made £33k PROFIT in one day from away fans....It DOESNT matter if its empty all week - it will make a killing if its big, and has lots of selling points when the big teams come here. Again short-sighted...

Clubs cant make money if they dont have ambition!

* supermarkets are a totally different thing to a 6 story multi-story carpark Hughesy.

** £10 to park? Are you a complete idiot? Just because it`s tinged blue & white & owned by the club doesn`t make people think "wow! great! a tenner to park in an area with lots of free parking! Where`s my wallet!".......unless 30,000 Hughesy clones have just landed on the planet.

*** The current blues bar is adequate for what it does. I live in Ewood area & i see when it`s busy & when it`s not. Most of the time it`s not.

Hughesy, maybe you should change your user-name to "toe-nails"....as you`re so far up the arse of the club & everything blue & white, that`s the only bit of you we can see. I think you need to get a grip on this 'pro rovers everything' obsession you obviously have. Most of the posters on here love Rovers with a passion......& it doesn`t make you disloyal to have an opinion that doesn`t incorporate everything the club wants or does. The 'pro everything rovers' thing you have going, is making you one of the most tiresome posters on this messageboard.

We could build a bollyworld them park...water chute into the river on chappatti boats..death wire from hughseys car park into a vat of vindaloo...build a coaster around the stands and call it the ramadan express ...before any pc get their wotsit in a twist I'm joking!

* supermarkets are a totally different thing to a 6 story multi-story carpark Hughesy.

** £10 to park? Are you a complete idiot? Just because it`s tinged blue & white & owned by the club doesn`t make people think "wow! great! a tenner to park in an area with lots of free parking! Where`s my wallet!".......unless 30,000 Hughesy clones have just landed on the planet.

*** The current blues bar is adequate for what it does. I live in Ewood area & i see when it`s busy & when it`s not. Most of the time it`s not.

Hughesy, maybe you should change your user-name to "toe-nails"....as you`re so far up the arse of the club & everything blue & white, that`s the only bit of you we can see. I think you need to get a grip on this 'pro rovers everything' obsession you obviously have. Most of the posters on here love Rovers with a passion......& it doesn`t make you disloyal to have an opinion that doesn`t incorporate everything the club wants or does. The 'pro everything rovers' thing you have going, is making you one of the most tiresome posters on this messageboard.

I live in Ewood area & i see when it`s busy & when it`s not. Most of the time it`s not.

If they stopped charging £1 to get in and nearly £4 for a pint them maybe it would.. I've got to agree that Rovers charging a tenner to park would see their cark parks empty. Nothing wring with redeveloping the Riverside. If the prospective new owner wants to encourage more fans through the gates then there has to be spaces for them to fill..Keeping the ticket prices low is essential if he wants to achieve this though..

We could build a bollyworld them park...water chute into the river on chappatti boats..death wire from hughseys car park into a vat of vindaloo...build a coaster around the stands and call it the ramadan express ...before any pc get their wotsit in a twist I'm joking!

Talking of vindaloo

Vindaloo Vindaloo

wev'e got more dough than you!

Vindaloo Vindaloo

:lol:

** £10 to park? Are you a complete idiot?

* - No sh!t sherlock - did you just work that one out?

** - Get yourself down to ewood then cock - last time I was there it WAS £10 to park & it was FULL.....Who's the idiot now? :rolleyes:

As for the rest of your crap...I give my view - im a positive person - better than being a moron!

• Backroom

To be fair to hughesy he is often overly positive but we need it to level out the Numerous people who are always negative even at the best of times.

May aswell close the thread mods - no point having the thread with all the doom & gloom mongers around...cant move forward, stuck in the dark age!

No Hughesy, living in the real world. Nobody doubts your passion for all things blue and white, you just need to reign it in a bit.

Exciting times for Rovers at the moment, take it easy :rover:

Ok boss. So in the real world - what should Rovers do to redevelop Ewood to ensure it is more self sustainable?! :brfc:

None of the above....

Sorry Hughesy but I haven't seen a single suggestion which a serious-minded businessman would back. Rovers are a FOOTBALL club and that in itself is a massively risky/heroicly suicidal business proposition without adding other potential loss-makers/white elephants to help drag the club down.

None of the above....

Sorry Hughesy but I haven't seen a single suggestion which a serious-minded businessman would back. Rovers are a FOOTBALL club and that in itself is a massively risky/heroicly suicidal business proposition without adding other potential loss-makers/white elephants to help drag the club down.

Ok so lets hear your suggestions then!!?

I think there are a few schoolyard bullies who take every opportunity to belittle Hughsey. It isn't pretty.

Cheers - sticks & stones and all that :lol:

Ok so lets hear your suggestions then!!?

John Williams has said on many occassions over the years the only solution to this problem is success on the pitch. As a consequence he and the senior management have always attempted to put every spare penny into the squad. Personally I think he's right. The only two things which could tempt me to spend more money at Rovers would be good quality stock in the club shop (please remember this is about perception) and somewhere better to eat (personally I don't want to use Blues bar and the Legends does nothing for me either). beyond that I find it very difficult to imagine Rovers providing a service I would want to spend money on.

Winning football matches generates income, the rest is merely tinkering at the edges and has very little real impact.

Archived