BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester City V Rovers

Hughesy are you talking about home games for City, where they havent drawn a game all season? We did draw 2-2 with them, so maybe im just confused here

Yes sorry - at home I meant.

Wouldnt it be sweet for Tugay to score a 35 yard screamer to win the game

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes sorry - at home I meant.

Wouldnt it be sweet for Tugay to score a 35 yard screamer to win the game

As much as I'd like that, I'd prefer it to be against west brom, when we say goodbye for this season. That would be all the sweeter and I would honestly cry with joy.

I"m quite worried about a letdown after last weeks' high --- but i'm going to predict a 1-0

Samba header off a desperate last minute Rovers' charge. Hopefully the boys will see

that it is still important to scratch at least 1 point from this match.

C'mon you Rovers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Am I right in thinking IF we win AND Middlesborough and Newcastle lose, we will be 9 points above the relegation zone with only 3 games to go. It would then mean we would have to lose our last three games quite considerably and newcastle or middlesborough win their last three for us to go down.

Thats correct. If we win, we stay up. Even a draw tomorrow will mean Boro and the barcodes would need 7 points from 3 games and we lose all our remaining games. Cant see that happening as Boro and Newcastle still have to play each other.

I'll be there, and I'm bringing a friend from Taiwan, so we had better win as I want her to be a Rover for life. I was at the Wigan game and I even had a pound on Nelsen to score last goal :D Also Hughes, however much I loved him when he was ours, just keeps peeing me off, and I hope we can stick it to him.

Think we'll be wound up to the nines for this one. Back to the bad old days eh?

Expect some hard tackling, really bad fouls, sending offs, a stretcher (Robiniho?), a few dead bodies and at least a point. Expect at least one Brazilian to surrender at half time and one to leave the ground due to the brutality of it.

Some real attitude in the camp this week apparently. Just hope Robbo (AKA The Monk) doesn't knock one of our players heads off.

At least a point. Lots of bleating from Hughes in a Scottish accent. "They cannae just kick our players,he could be a good manager but they cannae keep kicking people. It's ist no' fitba.''

Sam will play for a draw away at City and we will end up with a sneaky one to win 1 - 2...

Anyone know if this is being televised anywhere on the planet today as well please?

it's showing in Oz tonight, 10pm for me. I'll be doing my best to support the lads from the loungeroom...! Come on KeyHunts..!

I think Sparky deserves a lot more respect. Some of the fans on here a showing lack of respect towards him. He guided us to a 6th place finish, took us into the last 32 in Europe, Semi final of the FA cup twice, saved us from relegation, and this is the kind of stick he gets for it.

This is what he has to say about Rovers

He did a great job at Rovers, but his behaviour during a possible Santa Cruz transfer lost a lot of respect i had for him. Constant media comments unsettled the player and at the same time the squad. I can't remember a time when he was our manager when we tried to unsettle players, especially so publicly. So what changed?

In terms of today’s game, I think a point would be a decent result and three points would be fantastic. City has a decent record at home (they seem to struggle away) so its going to be a tough game.

Guest Vinjay606
Big sam on SSN now, said we are going 4-4-1-1 With Samba up top, no other options he said.

No other options? Rubbish.

Archived