BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gigs/festivals

Hey all

Just thoight it might be worth starting a topic about a thread about this. I personally am going to Open'er festival (Gydnia, Poland) which has a pretty amazing line-up (Arctic Monkeys, Kings of leon, The Prodigy, Pendulum, Faith No More) for a pretty amazing price (around £60)

Will be interesting to see if anyone else is going to this. I am also going to evolution (newcastle- tommorrow actually!)

Everyone is welcome to both recommend and review new, old, good, bad bands/gigs/festivals

So get posting fools!! :)

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds great, really need to see Prodigy at some point.

Mentioned in the other post i'm off to see The Horrors next month, and in September i'm seeing The Cribs (probably the most underated British band in the last 10 years) at Manchester Apollo, as a massive fan i cannot wait.

Went to see The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart last night, they were excellent. I think it made better being in a small working men's club. They've got a touch of My Bloody Valentine about them, which can't be a bad thing.

Went to see The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart last night, they were excellent. I think it made better being in a small working men's club. They've got a touch of My Bloody Valentine about them, which can't be a bad thing.

Saw them in Leeds on Thursday, they were really good. The album is a little twee although still very good, but they sounded a lot darker and louder live.

Went to Stag and Dagger in Leeds on Friday, saw Abe Vidoga, Crystal Antlers, Dananananaykroyd, The Mae Shi and Cold War Kids. Dananananaykroyd blew everyone else away, Crystal Antlers were very enjoyable too though.

Saw them in Leeds on Thursday, they were really good. The album is a little twee although still very good, but they sounded a lot darker and louder live.

Went to Stag and Dagger in Leeds on Friday, saw Abe Vidoga, Crystal Antlers, Dananananaykroyd, The Mae Shi and Cold War Kids. Dananananaykroyd blew everyone else away, Crystal Antlers were very enjoyable too though.

i must say. i've been really impressed by danananananaykroyd we've been playing them alot on the radio and had some good feed back.Although trying to say there name is a pain.

I'm going to Download festival next month, cannot wait for that now. Get to see Papa Roach for the third time in three months and see Dear Superstar for the sixth time in three months. Really looking forward to it now, bought myself the ticket as a reward for finishing university. Its the only graduation present i'll be getting and its from myself...sad I know.

Yeah I agree completely with that, they sounded darker on Friday too. Ended up partying with them at the Deaf Institute afterwards which was pretty cool. I was rambling on at the singer about hearing them on a Rough Trade compilation, I don't think he knew what I was on about really.

I saw Morrissey in Manchester on Friday, great gig, check out this video here to see me shaking morrisseys hand at 1min42. Also saw sunshine underground last night in leeds and a great rokabilly bluegrass duo who played a great 2 hour jam session with several other musicians. They can be seen here at a recent gig in leeds.

Sounds great, really need to see Prodigy at some point.

Mentioned in the other post i'm off to see The Horrors next month, and in September i'm seeing The Cribs (probably the most underated British band in the last 10 years) at Manchester Apollo, as a massive fan i cannot wait.

Definitely a must see band,I saw them support Oasis at knebworth and TBH Prodigy blew Oasis right off stage with an awesome show.I really will have to go see them again in a smaller venue.

Glastonbury lineups been released:

http://glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/news/2009-line-up-revealed

Think this might be a rough schedule for me...

FRIDAY

Doves

British Sea Power

The Streets

Fleet Foxes

The Puppini Sisters

Regina Spektor

Friendly Fires

SATURDAY

Jarvis Cocker

Kasabian

Maximo Park

Passion Pit

Spinal Tap

SUNDAY

Blur

Nick Cave

Bon Iver

Bat for Lashes

Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Art Brut

Peter, Bjorn and John

Anyone else going?

I'll be heading down the road to the Hyde Park festival in June to see Dave Matthews and the Boss (Springsteen).

Also, very American, but Jimmy Buffett is playing in Shepherd's Bush in July.

FRIDAY

Doves

British Sea Power

The Streets

Fleet Foxes

The Puppini Sisters

Regina Spektor

Friendly Fires

SATURDAY

Jarvis Cocker

Kasabian

Maximo Park

Passion Pit

Spinal Tap

SUNDAY

Blur

Nick Cave

Bon Iver

Bat for Lashes

Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Art Brut

Peter, Bjorn and John

Anyone else going?

Kasabian are one of my fave bands and are fantastic live, saw them on their Empire tour in Manchester a couple of years back. Am loving their latest single 'Fire' at the moment anall.

If you're interested FNM also playing open'er (poland) should be great weather due to its location and is at a brilliant price.

Went to evolution saw Dizzee Rascal, Chase and status (who were utterly amazing with plan b, mc rage and takura -huge mosh) and the wombats who were very charismatic anyone else visit this one?

p.s facebook page is a great idea IMO

Saw chase and status at evolution festival the other day absolutely brilliant they dropped a vip of Subfocus 'rock it' and pieces (where plan B joined them on stage).

Am I the only one who went to evolution?

Really looking forward to seeing Late of the Pier at Open'er.

By the way I respect anyones music tastes even terrible MOR music and dare I say it rave chav music (not nu-rave) if it floats your boat then its ok with me (pardon the expression by the way)

I'm going to Glastonbury again, as it's only down the road from here. Went and climbed up the Tor a couple of weeks back, and could see the site really taking shape.

The line-up is a bit of a stinker for me, though. The Prodigy and Yeah Yeah Yeahs are the only two I'd go out of my way to watch. Pretty much every band on the main stage can take a running jump. Any hot tips?

I'm going to Glastonbury again, as it's only down the road from here. Went and climbed up the Tor a couple of weeks back, and could see the site really taking shape.

The line-up is a bit of a stinker for me, though. The Prodigy and Yeah Yeah Yeahs are the only two I'd go out of my way to watch. Pretty much every band on the main stage can take a running jump. Any hot tips?

There's other bands well worth watching, Fleet Foxes on the Pyramid will be unmissable. British Sea Power, Animal Collective and Doves are all playing the Friday night although you'll only be able to see one or two of those acts due to clashes and distances. Passion Pit are one of the best new bands around and are playing Peel halfway through Saturday. Spinal Tap will be good fun if you like the film. Art Brut on the Sunday will be really good fun and if you stick around after YYYs, Bat for Lashes should be good since her new albums excellent.

FRIDAY

Doves

British Sea Power

The Streets

Fleet Foxes

The Puppini Sisters

Regina Spektor

Friendly Fires

SATURDAY

Jarvis Cocker

Kasabian

Maximo Park

Passion Pit

Spinal Tap

SUNDAY

Blur

Nick Cave

Bon Iver

Bat for Lashes

Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Art Brut

Peter, Bjorn and John

Anyone else going?

I'm off but if that's what you're going to see I can't see us running into each other! I think there's only Fleet Foxes I'll be seeing on your list. For me, an ageing hippy heavily into world music the following will be must see (if they don't clash with my volunteer work with WaterAid): -

Tinariwen

Amadou & Mariam

Baaba Maal

Khaled

The Blockheads

Crosby Stills and Nash

Neil Young

Warsaw Village Band

Fairport Convention

Lancashire Hotpots!!

For anyone wanting to hear some top quality African music the top three in particular are all very accessible to a western pop/rock ear, especially Amadou & Mariam.

Archived