BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 09/10 Fixture List

It appears that this was the provisional test issue of fixtures.

from what I heard Rovers were away at Stoke

Pne drew newcastle at home

Burnley were home to wolves

Hoping to see the full provisional list tomorrow morning.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Burnley last game at Ewood, with us already qualified for Europe. Burnley need a draw to get their 1st point of the season, and we smack them 5-0 to send them down with the worst ever record in world football. :-)

It appears that this was the provisional test issue of fixtures.

from what I heard:

-Rovers were away at Stoke

-Pne drew newcastle at home

-Burnley were home to wolves

Hoping to see the full provisional list tomorrow morning.

Stoke away?? Oh I hope not!!

• Backroom

The worrying thing about those fixtures is Rover's could be behind burnley for one horrible week. Ideal fixture for them.

How the fixture list is compiled.

Amazing the length of time the draft lest has been circulating that it has been kept quiet. SSN excepted!

When teams played every Saturday, alternating Home and Away matches, One man from the North West calculated the fixture list from a system he had devised.

Generally this worked ok. This was the era when one of the requirements was to play locally at times when travel was difficult. Bank Holidays etc. Occasionally there was an odd fixture thrown in which got the fans backs up. Such as playing WestHam twice over Christmas. But generally the system worked. I think the 'Fixture List Man' died in the early 1980's.

Well I hope we dont have stoke away first game - its a very tricky task - especially if our team contains 3 or 4 new players.

Id prefer an easier task than Stoke away as id feel more confident we could get something there l ater on, once our team has worked together abit longer.

Well I hope we dont have stoke away first game - its a very tricky task - especially if our team contains 3 or 4 new players.

Id prefer an easier task than Stoke away as id feel more confident we could get something there l ater on, once our team has worked together abit longer.

As long as there's a better fixture than Stoke away for my birthday this year. Being with the Rovers lot was good but Stoke's an effing toilet!

How the fixture list is compiled.

Amazing the length of time the draft lest has been circulating that it has been kept quiet. SSN excepted!

Massive thanks for that link.

As it turns out, bizarrely, I know the bloke Glenn Thompson who compile the list. I liaise with him quite a bit through work. He's never mentioned this though. I don't know if he gets hassled off people if they know or something!

Bizarre, really bizarre!

As long as there's a better fixture than Stoke away for my birthday this year. Being with the Rovers lot was good but Stoke's an effing toilet!

VILLA AT HOME IT WAS FOR ME AND STUCK IN BLOODY HOSPITAL WHGILST THEY BATTLED TO TO SAVE MY LEG!!!

Archived