BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 09/10 Fixture List

I'd like to play Burnley the same sort of times we played them in Div 1 as it was then. It was utterly brilliant.

Completely agreed- it really kept the buzz going all season.

Hopefully both clubs have fed requests in to that effect.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good for you.... Burnley on Boxing day please............

At the Fans Forum on Monday Tom Finn said that there was no chance that we would get Burnley in either the opening game or on Boxing Day - the police will not allow it.

Just have a funny feeling we are going to get Spurs - for some reason it just sprung into my head as I walked off after the West Brom game.

Bunleh - will be early doors ( with an early Sat/Sun kick off)

The season doesn't really start any earlier than last season (only 1 day because the 16th is a Sunday this year). This season starts on the 15th August, whilst last year we kicked off on the 16th August against Everton. It starts on exactly the same weekend, but I'm not sure when it finishes.

The season doesn't really start any earlier than last season (only 1 day because the 16th is a Sunday this year). This season starts on the 15th August, whilst last year we kicked off on the 16th August against Everton. It starts on exactly the same weekend, but I'm not sure when it finishes.

Last games 9 may,due to world cup.........

I want United away first game. United take time to get going so good time to play them. Newcastle managed a point last season so we're more than capable! :P

I agreed at first, but no!

Reading got a draw the season before, and Geordies this year.

The irony is, they both went down!

I just hope we get the "Big 4" in and around the same month, that way we could have a consistent run of games which are winnable.

This season we played them in patches so we didn't really have a long run of games where we could go unbeaten.

Am I alone on this one? :unsure:

i agree, stick us with the big 4 in the first month and just after crimbo/last week of the season and we should get a very good run going..

It is done on a random basis, but it is then fixed by police requests, FA requests, Sky & Setanta requests etc.

Id like us to get some of our notoriously hard games out of the way early - Maybe start at home to West ham and break that curse they seem to have on us.

It is done on a random basis, but it is then fixed by police requests, FA requests, Sky & Setanta requests etc.

Id like us to get some of our notoriously hard games out of the way early - Maybe start at home to West ham and break that curse they seem to have on us.

Thanks. Hope we won´t be against any team just promoted.

I just hope we get the "Big 4" in and around the same month, that way we could have a consistent run of games which are winnable.

This season we played them in patches so we didn't really have a long run of games where we could go unbeaten.

Am I alone on this one? :unsure:

Maybe ... if anything like the season gone - no matter when we played them the way we set up and treated each game we would have got the same outcome.

Can't agree with that - after last season I think it's vital we get off to a good start. I'd hate for us to be playing catch-up again, it puts so much pressure on every game. I'd much rather avoid the tough games for the first 4 or 5 games and get in a strong upper-mid table position.

Can't agree with that - after last season I think it's vital we get off to a good start. I'd hate for us to be playing catch-up again, it puts so much pressure on every game. I'd much rather avoid the tough games for the first 4 or 5 games and get in a strong upper-mid table position.

I'm hoping the away first pattern continues and I'd like it to be a London club. It's purely selfish - I'm away on holiday till 25th august and, since I never travel to the London away games, I don't miss too much if we start with an away there.

No, you're right. But what's that got to do with anything?

Its just that somebody mentioned West Ham and something clicked inside my almost empty head lol. I hate playing them. They always seem to beat us. I came over from Northern Ireland the season before last for a 4pm Sunday kickoff at Ewood. I arrived on the Saturday night and had a great night, rounded off with a miserable 1-0 defeat thanks to Ashton scoring a late goal. I know its a bit random but I get a chill everytime I see West Ham mentioned lol! :rolleyes:

Archived