BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 09/10 Fixture List

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been doing more digging, begging, sneaking and pleading and the silence has been deafening.

It appears that the fixtures have been released to local authorites and dates for the big games have been decided but I still havent got the official opening day fixture confirmed, although I am still led to beleive we are away at Stoke, whether thisis a red herring I am not too sure with a wind up from the planning dept.

I have been told Burnley are home which means Rovers away and looking at that weekend a number of staff have already had rest days cancelled and that kind of supports the notion that with Burnley home, PNE will also be at home meaning of course we play away.

Rovers and clarrots cannot play at home on the same day.

There are issues with PNE and policing big away followings especially with Blackpool in the equation.

Tomorrow morning cant arrive fast enough

What do you mean, the "draw". It takes weeks to compile the fixture lists, they will already have been done and sent to clubs/authorities.

The list goes to the leagues & the authorities & possibly sky.

It doesnt go to the clubs until tomorrow.

The list goes to the leagues & the authorities & possibly sky.

It doesnt go to the clubs until tomorrow.

Sorry Hughsey, the clubs DO HAVE the fixture programme. Under the rules they are allowed to disclose the first fixture at 0900 via a text service which costs I believe 25p (every PL Club will pay a premium back to the Premiership for this service)and then at 1000 they HAVE to publish the first 6 fixtures to comply with SKY exclusives and then at 1015 the full list of fixtures is released with games "subject to change" for TV.

Furthermore, SKY have agreed to announce the first set of fixtures for tv viewing as early as the end of next week.

Setanta have to sort out their Monday night football contract by Friday otherwise they lose the contract and this will be subject to a bidding auction leaving them with only 35 games to show on Saturday evenings or Sundays depending on the game selection.

It is anticipated that SKY and ITV will be the bidders for the Monday night slot if Setanta fail to secure the contract.

I've got the full fixtures right in front of me, I know every game and the dates of the games against Burnley are very interesting!

I am not going to give the fixtures out until it is released tomorrow morning, its an agreement I share with my contact when we exchange information.

Nice bit of copy and paste from the Mr X thread and of course editing if I do say so myself.

I've got the full fixtures right in front of me, I know every game and the dates of the games against Burnley are very interesting!

I am not going to give the fixtures out until it is released tomorrow morning, its an agreement I share with my contact when we exchange information.

Nice bit of copy and paste from the Mr X thread and of course editing if I do say so myself.

It's easy to say 'I know something, but I won't tell you what it is until it gets comfirmed on all of the media tomorrow.' :rolleyes:

One point on the fixtures. Sky is clearly a crucial partner for the PL and has a very strong influence on the fixture list. Why go to all the bother of creating a fixture list and publishing "subject to change for TV"? Why not just consult Sky, publish the list as it will be and not some fantasy such as we will get later today?

One point on the fixtures. Sky is clearly a crucial partner for the PL and has a very strong influence on the fixture list. Why go to all the bother of creating a fixture list and publishing "subject to change for TV"? Why not just consult Sky, publish the list as it will be and not some fantasy such as we will get later today?

Good point, Paul.

TV has too much influence in sport to the point where it's influencing decisions. By that I mean, constant replaying of "close" decisions made by an official who had less than a second to make up his mind.

SO if above board presty in your say so -surely you can reveal the interesting aspect of the Bunleh games as the interest is already there anyway.

Could it be we are down to play them in quick succession home and away?

Archived