BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 09/10 Fixture List

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looking at the fixtures we better get off to a flyer because if we're in the bottom 4-5 with 6 games to go we're down!

Why?

3 Portsmouth (A)

10 Man Utd (H)

17 Everton (H)

24 Wolverhampton (A)

May

1 Arsenal (H)

9 Aston Villa (A)

I don't see much to fear in those last 6 games. It's not as bad a run as the October fixtures.

Villa may end the season like they ended this one, Portsmouth are a bit hit and miss. Then we've got Wolves which should be winnable and Everton who we took 4 points off this season. We're then left with difficult games against Arsenal and Manchester United, both of these games are at home.

United @ Home (Could throw a spanner in the works), Villa & Arsenal (Could be playing for nothing by then), Other 3 (No fear).

City fans seem to think they will have the whole darwen end and are already looking forward to their day out here. Someone like to join it and tell them they will only get 3k? It will make thier day!! ha ha

United @ Home (Could throw a spanner in the works), Villa & Arsenal (Could be playing for nothing by then), Other 3 (No fear).

City fans seem to think they will have the whole darwen end and are already looking forward to their day out here. Someone like to join it and tell them they will only get 3k? It will make thier day!! ha ha

My pleasure.

Sorry to throw a spanner in your highly strung works, but this year the chance of you getting the full Darwen End stand are extremely thin.

The bottom half has been on sale to our home fans(season tickets), and the club has said there are 4 games were it will be for entirely for away fans. Manchester United, your dear freinds, will be one, whilst Liverpool will be another. Everton will most likely be above you, and the last team will be Burnley.

Awful run in with Prob no end of season Darwen end Specials if needed with those teams.......Interesting what the bookies are predicting already (based on odds)..Us eighth from bottom..Burnley clear fFavoutires to go..

quite a few back to back home games next season. could be difficult to fill the ground on those.. dingles away is great. we could be the ones to send them down.. not hopeful on that...

will have to get a early flight back from florida for the first home game. should be able to get back on time

As well as the four games in October, we also have Everton away and Villa at home just before, so we must record a decent return of points in our first 5 games or we could be near or in the bottom three.

On a positive note, at least we get rid of four of last years top five teams away from home before Christmas and overall, I am reasonably pleased with our fixtures.

Betfair's view on the League next year. I'd take that.

Burnley

Hull

Birmingham

Wolves

Stoke

Wigan

Bolton

Sunderland

Portsmouth

Blackburn

West Ham

Fulham

Tottenham

Aston Villa

Everton

Man City

Arsenal

Chelsea

Liverpool

Man Utd

of course everyone plays each other twice, but a fixture list can have a huge impact on a season. Look at last year, if teams played spurs or us before xmas, they would have seemed a lot more winnable than after.

Also, if for example, we were in mid table come october, by the end we could be closer to relegation, its a huge psychological impact.

The same with teams like Wolves, when we play them, they may be dead and gone (very winnable) or they may need a point to be sure of safety (a lot more difficult)

Of course, we are assuming that the sides who played well this year will repeat the performances next year, like ourselves from 10th to almost relegation!!

The only surity is that it will start at 0 - 0 with 11 players on both sides, will have two halves to the game and in the end it will be either win, lose or draw !!

of course everyone plays each other twice, but a fixture list can have a huge impact on a season. Look at last year, if teams played spurs or us before xmas, they would have seemed a lot more winnable than after.

Also, if for example, we were in mid table come october, by the end we could be closer to relegation, its a huge psychological impact.

The same with teams like Wolves, when we play them, they may be dead and gone (very winnable) or they may need a point to be sure of safety (a lot more difficult)

Exactly. Like everyone said about Hull last year, winning games became a habit in the early part of the season but then losing games also became a habit at the end of the season. Having a difficult start to the season can shape the rest of the campaign so the fixture list is important.

but before last season began who was to say that Spurs, Newcastle and City were to be so horrendous yet Hull and Stoke being a few of the hardest teams to take points off.

just let the season unfold month by month.

Right here we go! I don't usually make any predictions, but this time I really have a feeling for it.

I have just examined the whole seasons' fixtures, and without looking any further I have attempted to predict what I feel will be the result of each match. And the good news is (in spite of October only yielding 3 pts) that we will pass the magic 40 mark at the beginning of Feb and we will finish the season with 57 pts.

That should be enough to give us 6th or 7th place and a place in Europe.

Right now it's YOUR turn!!

Right here we go! I don't usually make any predictions, but this time I really have a feeling for it.

I have just examined the whole seasons' fixtures, and without looking any further I have attempted to predict what I feel will be the result of each match. And the good news is (in spite of October only yielding 3 pts) that we will pass the magic 40 mark at the beginning of Feb and we will finish the season with 57 pts.

That should be enough to give us 6th or 7th place and a place in Europe.

Right now it's YOUR turn!!

Just done the same, feeling optimistic, there's two quality signings around the corner. 63 points with very little of the top four.

Shameful to have to say did there's and they finished on 36, bye bye, the gaps widened. :lol:

• Backroom

We've not played a single game yet and already the doomlords are out :rolleyes: October's a rough month, but from November - February we've got a consistant run of winnable games and a run in that includes Portsmouth, Wolves, Everton and Villa doesn't have me shaking in fear.

Also, our first fixture just had to he City, didn't it? :D will be interesting to see what type of reception Roque gets. I don't envisage it being pleasant, but it may fire him up even more. Then again, he'll probably be injured anyway.

Archived