BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 09/10 Fixture List

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need tyo get some early points then it should be a better season points wise.

Dingles couldn't have had a worse start, by the time they have a game they can win they will be rock bottom and shot at.

Sold a complete dodo at work, I have made my point to a so called colleague !

City it is, return of Hughes and Cruz.

Roves will probably ask for a clause in the deal, no game for RSC 15th aug 09.

Horrendous October only tempered by the biggest derby of the season, bring on the dingles :rolleyes:

Horrendous October only tempered by the biggest derby of the season, bring on the dingles :rolleyes:

Like he'll be healthy!

Was going to go on Holidays that Friday, but fortunately haven't booked anything yet.

Lots of speculation about some sort of gentlemans agreement about him not playing in that game. Lets just hope he can move soon and then we can start to move on.

NK will be found out, barring 2 games with the bottom team, they managed a grand total of 3 goals in 6 games against the other 3 sides. They played all of last night with 8 defenders in the box, and thats pretty much how they play every game.....

I am glad we have Burnley at home first, as this is likely to be during their period where momentum is at it's peak and they will be most confident (disgregarding the games they have actually got, I know they're hard but..). I think it's better to have them at home first when they're fresher, and have them away when injuries and fatigue take its toll. I'd rather have the hardest game of the two in the easiest period.

Burnley will probably be up in the skies in October, I get the feelign they will be in the Top 10. Then they will get exposed and will probably be in 19th when we play them next !

They'd have to do really well to be in the top 10 in mid October, their opening 6 or 7 games (which goes up to mid-September) are really difficult.

I'm sure you can only stop players playing against you if they are on loan. I can't see that happening at all, and I wouldn't want it to happen.

We will have way's of keeping him quite, we know more about his problemed knee's that anyone!!!

Its happened before I'm sure, I can't remember which teams it was but I'm sure player missed the game against his old amid rumours of something similiar???

We had a Gentleman's agreement with Big Club that Sav wouldn't play against them in his first season with us. Is that the one you're thinking of.

As someone who (IIRC) hasn't missed Rovers at St Andrews since moving to Bham I say that was a shame. OK we lost 2-1 when he did finally play against them but the comedy atmosphere that night was priceless!

Burnley will probably be up in the skies in October, I get the feelign they will be in the Top 10. Then they will get exposed and will probably be in 19th when we play them next !

I know Hull made a great start for a promoted club last season, taking 20 points from 9 games and were in third position, but Burnley's fixtures are much harder. Hull beat Fulham H, West Ham H, Newcastle A, Arsenal A, West Brom A and Tottenham A. They drew against us and Everton, losing against Wigan. Them fixtures are not easy, but they are not as tough as Burnley's. Five of Burnley's first eight games before they play us are Everton H, Man Utd H, Tottenham A, Chelsea A and Liverpool A. I really can't see Burnley taking maximum points from the other three games hence I do not think they will be in the top half when they play us.

Burnley do not have to do as well as Hull did to get in the top half, but I still don't think they will be in the top ten when they play us in October.

Its happened before I'm sure, I can't remember which teams it was but I'm sure player missed the game against his old amid rumours of something similiar???

Happened with Tim Howard for everton against manure in his first season after his perminent transfer. That'd add real spice to the game, Rocky and Hughes coming back.

As for the dingles not a bad time to play them, sure we won't see them sent down in either of our games against them (unless they're really, really bad) but that probably works in our favour as results can get a bit odd the last few weeks of the season. Got both dates in my diary, bring em on.

Bumley will be bottom after 1st game......& have zero points after 1st five or six games.

They will finish with record low points tally & won`t get off bottom of league all season.

Every team in prem will have them sussed out next season.

Last season they caught teams unprepared.

The fight for points will mean EVERY manager will have done their homework on them & have 6pts earmarked on their calendars for when they play the hilltrolls.

Sorry if already mentioned, but does anyone know when SKY etc announce the live fixtures?

Thanks.

I can't see it being for a while, the rights for the packages setanta have lost will probably have to be sorted out before anyone can announce there live games?

Sky announce their live games on 3rd July.

That was the original plan, however with the Setanta issue there will some difficulty in confirming all of them as the reauctioned package includes some 2nd/3rd choice picks and I can't see the Premier League devalueing the reauction by making them all last choice picks?

dunno if we have all worked out who the 4 games excluded from the darwen end package maybe because i aint got time to root throught the whole thread sorry lol but i can tell you that all 'police leave' has been cancelled for the visits of manchester united, liverpool, dingles and manchester city! this may answer that one for us!!

Archived