BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gael Givet Signs

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it his second red of the season?

From memory for your first red you get 1 game, second red 2 games, etc. Although I may have made that up and I don't remember him getting one earlier in the season but my memory is bad for reds, just remember Samba getting sent off a lot.

So not quite sure on the 2 game ban.

Is it his second red of the season?

From memory for your first red you get 1 game, second red 2 games, etc. Although I may have made that up and I don't remember him getting one earlier in the season but my memory is bad for reds, just remember Samba getting sent off a lot.

So not quite sure on the 2 game ban.

Definitely only one red according to the Premier league site.

This is from Prem league website.

A Player who is dismissed from the Field of Play for using offensive or insulting or abusive language/gestures, whether he has previously been cautioned in the match or not, will be suspended automatically from FTCM commencing forthwith, and until such time as his Clubs First Team has completed its next two FTCM.

Its because of his behaviour, had it been foul etc, just a one game ban!!

• 3 weeks later...

Edit: I've found a link on google.

Unbelievable. Do footballers not have enough money? To blame the club because his agent overlooks something makes it even worse!

From the sounds of it, I would have thought his agent should be the one being sued. Particularly something as fundamental as tax obligations.

Assuming this is true, and this kind of thing would be easy to prove, this could be the final nail in our coffin. We really need Gael back at left-back and this could prevent him being selected or at least his focus.

Geal Givet is suing rovers because he was that his agent's fee would be classified as a payment in kind, meaning he had to pay tax on the sum. He had initial £85,000 paid to givet agent. plus also another tax bill of £185,000 were sent to Givet agent.

Rovers boss have refused to meet the payment. Givet has been left distraught by the whole incident.

Also said he will now take Rovers to a tribunal and is set to quit this summer.

Sorry guys... yea NOTW is being a bit dodgy with that. The article in full is below (I'm not sure if I'm allowed to copy/paste it, but mods can delete it if what. The article is off NOTW and written by Martin Hardy on March 27 2011, if that helps):

Sorry guys... yea NOTW is being a bit dodgy with that. The article in full is below (I'm not sure if I'm allowed to copy/paste it, but mods can delete it if what. The article is off NOTW and written by Martin Hardy on March 27 2011, if that helps):

Good riddance to him then.

How can it be Rovers' fault if he hasn't employed a competent agent?

I had to remove the copy/paste article im afraid but Chaddy summed it up well on the previous page.

No problem, I figured it would be a problem, but was hoping the references would make it ok.

To be honest, the article just made it sound like it was a problem with Givet's ex-agent, but he's pinning it on the club.

No problem, I figured it would be a problem, but was hoping the references would make it ok.

To be honest, the article just made it sound like it was a problem with Givet's ex-agent, but he's pinning it on the club.

And why not hey?

It seems like we're going to be kicked from all and sundry, why not our own players to boot?

:angry:

this just sums up, why my passion for the SPORT, has decreased through the years.

I have zero respect for a man, who cries in public over his own mistakes, while trying to throw someone else under the bus and all so he can earn some more. Its not like he is poor, he earns enough!!

Archived