BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Hoilett

Guest benmaxwell

Linked up well with Salgado in the 2nd half...put a few good crosses in too, which nobody was on the end of...6.5/10

B*ll*cks no one on the end of them, the crosses were poor, very poor. Rovers wont score any with crosses like that.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time of the month is it JAL? I wasn't at the game, but how you can slate a 19 year old player like that is VERY harsh on him. You also slate Jones and Olsson (17 and 21 respectively?). Pick out the young players whose mistakes are a result of...erm...youth. How smooth.

Tell you why mellinson because he was rubbish tonight.

Get real Hughesy and co. kids talking about how good other kids are what does that mean?

brilliant.

On a positive note waggy should have seen Salgados performance.Very good, excellent goal tonight

He was rubbish....care to tell my WHY he made mistakes which help you come to that deduction? Perhaps his youth? Or lack of game time? Remember Peterborough are no mugs.

Cant remember one moment were he put the ball to a team member in a crucial position when he had so much of the ball in the final third of the second half. First half he was complete pants he couldnt do anything positive at all.

Didn't see the game JAL but, even so, your posts regarding the young players are a joke. You have been on Hoilett's case since he came on for 10 minutes in pre-season and the same with Jones.

The lack of end product is something that is a problem for many youngsters, even Cristiano Ronaldo and Torres were the same. Give the young players time and stop making a complete idiot of yourself.

If we support the youngsters in the squad it might eventually help us to stop signing dross like Roberts and Andrews.

Its the norm nowadays.

How many wingers are there in the premiership/ europe who are quick, great dribblers, but can't cross for toffee? If its a weakness in the boys game then give him the option not to cross IE a short ball inside. You could even attack the near post with Hoillet drilling it in between the defence and the keeper.

I'm still really keen to see him in a game with Dunn in the hole for 90 as Dunny likes to take up those positions. If you could then get Ped's attacking the far post and Emerton pushing into the box from deep we'd certainly give defences something to think about.

Any news of how Sam's trip to Canada went?

Incidentally, it was no match to judge him in but Junior was if anything even worse than MGP at Stamford Bridge! Let's hope he gets a proper opportunity v Peterborough

Was just wondering that myself. Does anyone know?

Good God JAL you are a nightmare. You don't have a good word for anybody. At least I only have one player who I can't stand.

If I were you I would take your mate graham with you and go watch Burnley. At least you would have something to really moan about. You would be in your element.

All wingers are infuriating....its just that some are more infuriating than others!

Pederson is well-above average GOOD. Hoilett is unproven but shows more than Tracey ever did.

The best 2 crossers of a ball for the Rovers I have ever seen were Simon Garner and Alan Shearer.Ironic really.

Maybe 4th or 5th on my list would be Jason Wilcox - and look at the stick he had to take.

Maybe 4th or 5th on my list would be Jason Wilcox - and look at the stick he had to take.

Stuart Ripley best crosser by a mile.

Hoilett had a bad game midweek, no end product, easily shaken of the ball and held onto the ball far to long missing many an easy pass. I'm certain he will improve though.

• 2 weeks later...

No idea about The Tank story...

But the Hoilett thing is right. He has turned down a very good offer and, at the moment, looks to be on his way out.

The club could not really have out a better deal to him.

Probably explains his non-selection then. Shame.

No idea about The Tank story...

But the Hoilett thing is right. He has turned down a very good offer and, at the moment, looks to be on his way out.

The club could not really have put a better deal to him.

Is this a youngster being arrogant and/or greedy? Or something else?

Archived