BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Hoilett

Guest benmaxwell

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never ever have I condoned booing a player. I find the Keith Andrews booing brigade a joke.

But should young Mr Hoilett sign for another club for free then he is the first I would whole heartedly boo. I really think he is treating the club like utter garbage.

I would not condone it just yet as there is every chance he is weighing up his options or some other reason we fans do not know about and booing him could harm our chances of keeping hold of a very exciting prospect.

I fully expect some negative replies to this post but i don't think he is treating our club with an ounce of respect and doesn't deserve ours.

Robinsons back to nearer what he was now, and he's definitly improved since he came here. So no not both, but you already knew that.

In your opinion perhaps majiball. Not in mine. He's let too many goals in that he should have saved or certainly got a lot nearer to. He can't seem to get down and to the side quickly enough. His attempt at the pompey goal was not just poor it was pathetic. Granted the bloke currently with the shirt looked nothing special again.

:rover: junior has come back to his parent club after playing in krautland for 2 seasons,he sits on the bench and watches spit and gamst play like tarts,no wonder he wants out.give the lad a chance,oh sorry lardarse pays 6 million for players and says there not ready :wacko::brfc:

:rover: junior has come back to his parent club after playing in krautland for 2 seasons,he sits on the bench and watches spit and gamst play like tarts,no wonder he wants out.give the lad a chance,oh sorry lardarse pays 6 million for players and says there not ready :wacko::brfc:

Last time I saw him was v Peterboro and to say he was poor is being kind...... still I guess you wouldn't know would you waggy?

Waggy instead of spouting your crap, why dont you go and watch Junior in a game....so far he has shown GLIMPSES of talent, nothing amazing, however its obvious he has potential. Kalinic I would argue has shown more in his performances so far...yet still doesnt get in the team.

That too takes time - to drop experienced professionals for him at the moment seems pointless and could potentially damage his confidence if he doesnt cut the mustard.

Have a little patience!

Personally, I thought it obvious from the start that this would not be about money. A well established premier league club offering their highest ever contract for someone his age is almost certainly going to be topping any offer from any German club bar the very top ones.

He's been playing every week for 2 years in a very technically adept environment, so sitting on the bench watching the N'Zonzi/Samba head it on strategy is going to seem something of a let-down.

While he may not have shone in his fleeting appearances, why is Kalanic getting the benefit of the doubt for 'being eased in' and not Junior. It's a step up for him. And since anyone is better than MGP and Spit, I do not see much risk in playing him more.

Tris seems to have a good inside track on these things.

Beware of Tris speaking with forked tongue on this issue though cos he also has a mysterious agenda against 'the big fat slug' who is our current manager. No doubt it will all come out in the wash one day.

I do not see much risk in playing him more.

Did you go to the PBoro match eit? He was dire.

Personally, I thought it obvious from the start that this would not be about money. A well established premier league club offering their highest ever contract for someone his age is almost certainly going to be topping any offer from any German club bar the very top ones.

He's been playing every week for 2 years in a very technically adept environment, so sitting on the bench watching the N'Zonzi/Samba head it on strategy is going to seem something of a let-down.

While he may not have shone in his fleeting appearances, why is Kalanic getting the benefit of the doubt for 'being eased in' and not Junior. It's a step up for him. And since anyone is better than MGP and Spit, I do not see much risk in playing him more.

He obviously doesn't think he's good enough to break into the first team so he's looking for options elsewhere.

I'm not sure what the 'head it on stategy' is that you refer to. N'Zonzi has shown himself to be a promising player who can pass the ball on the ground. Like ALL Premier League teams, indeed, ALL teams in every division, we put our big men in the area at set pieces. I seem to remember that it was a system that worked very well under Howard Kendall, when Glenn Keeley would flick the ball on at the near post from a corner for someone to follow up behind.

I would disagree about Kalanic getting the benefit of the doubt over Junior. Junior's best position - at both first team and reserve team level, appears to be supporting the main striker in the role that Dunn plays. At the moment his lack of physical strength and defensive frailities would count against him when playing in a wide midfield position.

I suspect that if he leaves he will return to Germany and no doubt one or two of the top clubs there would be interested in him. Although it will be sad to lose a player with potential he is simply that - potential. If he is not prepared to work to gain a place in the team then he's really not got the right attitude and ultimately will be no great loss. Perhaps he believes himself to be better than he is - although his performance against Peterborough suggests that he still has a lot to learn.

You should change your avatar before calling others names.

My avatar? Why?

Also what 'names' are you referring to Majiball?

Truth is Tris and I have enjoyed a few beers and exchanges of views in the past. Not many granted but enough to know that any differences of opinion will be just that and nothing more. I haven't seen him since Allardyce came to find out his reasons for his strong 'anti' stance. There will be some and no doubt they will have an amount of validity but I'm not sure what any better alternative would be and I don't think he will be either.

Hoilett needs to realise how much time & effort we have put into him and return that favour by signing a new contract.... whatever the excuse he should not be walking out on us for some German club who have no doubt tapped his father up :angry2:

Show some loyalty will you! :brfc:

I recently read an article by Jason Roberts talking about Junior and he said how how frightenly talented this guy is and described him as one of the best talents that he has seen.

It is very depressing that potentially the best thing to emerge from the academy in a decade looks set to leave us. IMO he can't do any worse than Diouf and MGP so should be given a chance now - especially as we have an easier run of games. People can say what they like about money - and I agree to an extent as young players these days have it all too soon, but I'd bet that a run of games in the first team would be a better incentive than a couple more grand on his salary.

I recently read an article by Jason Roberts talking about Junior and he said how how frightenly talented this guy is and described him as one of the best talents that he has seen.

It is very depressing that potentially the best thing to emerge from the academy in a decade looks set to leave us. IMO he can't do any worse than Diouf and MGP so should be given a chance now - especially as we have an easier run of games. People can say what they like about money - and I agree to an extent as young players these days have it all too soon, but I'd bet that a run of games in the first team would be a better incentive than a couple more grand on his salary.

Giving into blackmail is rarely a good thing.

Archived