Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Hoilett

Guest benmaxwell

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Backroom

Any developments on his contract talks? I think the improved pitch time may help our cause but the fact that he hasn't had the same impact over here may make him want to return to Germany

I put David Hoilett into Google and got this

It appears to be about Hoilett

http://sportbild.bild.de/SPORT/Fotogalerien/fussball/bundesliga/transfer-geruechte/david-hoilett__11781311__MBQF-1262078019,templateId=renderFotoGalerieElement,fgId=10830084,BUAnzeige=true,DZAnzeige=true,size=20,offset=7.html

Bundesliga auf Einkaufstour

Die heißesten Transfer-Gerüchte

David Hoilett spielte letzte Saison für St. Pauli (sechs Tore), ist aktuell in England bei den Blackburn Rovers aktiv. Der Kanadier kommt dort allerdings selten zum Einsatz. Der HSV soll angeblich Interesse haben

Foto: Fishing4

'Federal league on shopping tour

The hottest transfer rumors

David Hoilett played last season for pc. Pauli (six gates), is up-to-date in England active with the Blackburn Rover. The Canadian is used there however rarely. The HSV is to have allegedly interest'

Hopefully the snow will make the little devil feel at home (it must snow a lot in Canada) and he'll soon be signing his extension.

I'm getting a little worried about him now, free to speak to any club outside of England. Oh well as long as all the airports are snowed out, he won't be going anywhere.

Mr Nixon, any news on Hoillet?

Why is everyone so desperate for him to sign a new contract?

I've not seen anything from him to suggest he's going to be a player. I appreciate we all like to see youngsters given a shot, but he doesn't look like he'll make it to me. He certainly doesn't have the 'Dunn/Duff' factor, and both came through even at an even younger age to Hoilett.

Why is everyone so desperate for him to sign a new contract?

I've not seen anything from him to suggest he's going to be a player. I appreciate we all like to see youngsters given a shot, but he doesn't look like he'll make it to me. He certainly doesn't have the 'Dunn/Duff' factor, and both came through even at an even younger age to Hoilett.

I think it's more people don't want to see him leave for nothing in the summer, when in a year or two (depending on how he develops) we could get a good few million for him.

I do agree though, he hasnt shown an awful lot to me either yet, but i do think there is some potential there.

I think alot of people believe in his potential & also see the pace he can add to us - I still think the boy could come good - but I also think he will leave us!

I think he has quick feet Hughesy, but I haven't seen him skin anyone for out and out pace yet. Never got past his full back once at Wigan.

I'd rather we let him go on a free and not waste 2-3 years worth of half decent wages before trying to give him away to a Championship club towards the end of his new contract.

Jemal Johnson anyone?

He is clearly a lot better than Jemal Johnson. I would rate him as a very decent prospect personally.

Duff got MOTM on his debut vs Leicester in 1997. He looked great from the word go.

Absolutely. Duffer was outstanding at every level he played - from the off. He suffered a bit with hamstring injuries that affected his form for a while, but barring that he was great.

I think the problem here is Hoilett had been built up as some world beater set to take the Premiership by storm. He's came in, done okay, but not done anything of note.

In my opinion I have been slightly disappointed but the fact of the matter is that he's the best of what we've got coming through our ranks at the moment. It would be a great shame to lose him, given the time and effort we've invested, but I do agree with those who say that he'll never make a top player because the only attribute he seems to have going for him is pace.

Duff got MOTM on his debut vs Leicester in 1997. He looked great from the word go.

No-ones saying he's the next Duff, but he's quick and as Den said has good feet. He's not had a lot of football this year and has made stop and start appearances, so I'm not surprised he hasn't shown more. I think he's got a chance not too sure where, but a chance non the less.

Don't forget Lennon wasn't much better at his age and has only really started to show what he can do. I'd be loath to let a player a lot of German clubs are sniffing round leave for free. He's cost us a fortune to date, moving his family here and the such so it shouldn't be wasted.

Yes he could be the next Jemal Johnson, but he could also not be. Do we really want to see him walk for free only to progress elsewhere especially since he has two attributes that are so desired, pace and good feet??

In our financial position I'm gob smacked people would let him leave for nothing as we won't replace him with the funds it would free up.

He's worth persevering with IMO, its worth the risk.

No-ones saying he's the next Duff, but he's quick and as Den said has good feet. He's not had a lot of football this year and has made stop and start appearances, so I'm not surprised he hasn't shown more. I think he's got a chance not too sure where, but a chance non the less.

Don't forget Lennon wasn't much better at his age and has only really started to show what he can do. I'd be loath to let a player a lot of German clubs are sniffing round leave for free. He's cost us a fortune to date, moving his family here and the such so it shouldn't be wasted.

Yes he could be the next Jemal Johnson, but he could also not be. Do we really want to see him walk for free only to progress elsewhere especially since he has two attributes that are so desired, pace and good feet??

In our financial position I'm gob smacked people would let him leave for nothing as we won't replace him with the funds it would free up. [/b]He's worth persevering with IMO, its worth the risk.

[b]Yes he definately is, pace and quick feet are a special talent and we mustnt lose that, he is progressing nicely and each game I am seeing things such as his ball retention improving and is getting back quickly to help his defence, must be difficult in your first season in the prem and he has done well - a must keep!!

Yeah, let Hoillett go, I mean he isn't as good as Lennon and Duff at the same age and only has pace and lots of potential.

I mean we are brimming with pace throughout our side and with senior widemen as good as ours ahead of him in the pecking order.......

Oh wait......

:unsure:

Not a lot Hoilett can do about that one.

Would Hoilett get in the England squad. Would a youngster of his ability have done so 5 years ago?

I'm not necessarily saying let him go Rev, but we certainly shouldn't be moving heaven and earth to keep him.

I'm not necessarily saying let him go Rev, but we certainly shouldn't be moving heaven and earth to keep him.

It's either or though really isn't it given his situation.

I'd certainly not be that bothered if we had Ronaldo and Lennon playing on our left and right flanks but tbh I'd be moving heaven and earth within our particular parameters to secure Hoilett and move MGP and Diouf out.

It's either or though really isn't it given his situation.

I'd certainly not be that bothered if we had Ronaldo and Lennon playing on our left and right flanks but tbh I'd be moving heaven and earth within our particular parameters to secure Hoilett and move MGP and Diouf out.

Me too.

Duff was a one-off and just because Hoillet isn't as good as him doesn't mean much. He is very raw but has talent. Some fans are too harsh on the young players...

Archived