BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Hoilett

Guest benmaxwell

The club have tried, offered him an amazing deal, no way he will get that good a deal in Germany, however it appears that he wants to leave because he feels that he won't develop due to the style of play we have under Sam. This has nothing to do with money, he will not get the money that Rovers are offering in Germany.

I defy anybody watching the Rovers over the past month to accurately define our style of play Kamy. I know I can't. Whatever Hoillet's looked OK and fit in fine when he's played. Maybe the level that St pauli were at compared to the speed and physical nature of the Prfem has given him a false sense of his abilities

btw Shillitoe.....

1. Can you tell us how many of our squad currently pay council tax to BwD now? :rolleyes:

2. Wigan is in Greater Manchester and I think the facilities and life style in Manchester will be fairly similar to those in Hamburg.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Different calibre of players who have developed at different rates, with the possible exception of Adebayor.

Either way, I might ask Mr. Drogba if learning your trade in Europe whilst you develop at your own rate is any use.

Different calibre of players who have developed at different rates, with the possible exception of Adebayor.

Either way, I might ask Mr. Drogba if learning your trade in Europe whilst you develop at your own rate is any use.

Drogba also used to eat at McDonalds before matches, would you want Hoilett to do that?

I defy anybody watching the Rovers over the past month to accurately define our style of play Kamy. I know I can't.

Flexible and responsive Gord. Changing formation to match what's needed - within a game. Knocks the 4-5-1, 4-4-1-1, 4-4-2 debate right out of the window.

• Backroom

He is far from the finished article and we shouldn't set a bad precedent here but we should do a lot to try and convince him to change his mind, the best way would be to start him vs Hull.

The potential profit in the longrun is worth the extra effort now.

If Junior want to leave in January because he feels he's been hard done to and should have been given more chances in the first team, he should look long and hard at his performance this afternoon against Liverpool.

I like the look of the kid and think he really could have a bright future but he was not at the races this afternoon and was probably about as effective as Diouf. The words 'chicken' and 'headless' spring to mind.

He's clearly got a long way to go in terms of his development and he's terribly naive if he thinks moving back to Germany is a better career option than staying in Lancashire and continuing his apprenticeship with a club that he knows and really should trust.

I think he's suffering a classic case of delusions of grandeur.

If Junior want to leave in January because he feels he's been hard done to and should have been given more chances in the first team, he should look long and hard at his performance this afternoon against Liverpool.

I like the look of the kid and think he really could have a bright future but he was not at the races this afternoon and was probably about as effective as Diouf. The words 'chicken' and 'headless' spring to mind.

He's clearly got a long way to go in terms of his development and he's terribly naive if he thinks moving back to Germany is a better career option than staying in Lancashire and continuing his apprenticeship with a club that he knows and really should trust.

I think he's suffering a classic case of delusions of grandeur.

If I was David Hoilett, I would look at what happened to Ricardo Vaz Te at Bolton and seriously consider moving to away.

Vaz Te was a striker with much promise and skill. He was shoved out wide by Bolton and not even given a real winger's role - more the 4-5-1 - winger role, which is basically the role of the dog to chase Kevin Davies' flick-ons. His career has stagnated badly.

I don't want it to happen. I value skilful football above all other and Hoilett has skill. Unfortunately, he's not an Allardyce player.

If I was David Hoilett, I would look at what happened to Ricardo Vaz Te at Bolton and seriously consider moving to away.

Vaz Te was a striker with much promise and skill. He was shoved out wide by Bolton and not even given a real winger's role - more the 4-5-1 - winger role, which is basically the role of the dog to chase Kevin Davies' flick-ons. His career has stagnated badly.

I don't want it to happen. I value skilful football above all other and Hoilett has skill. Unfortunately, he's not an Allardyce player.

Rubbish.

Ricardo Vaz Te hasn't made it because he's crap. Allardyce left Bolton when Vaz Te was 20 for crying out loud, if he had any sort of ability as a front man then there has been ample time for other managers to find it. Vaz Te had a loan spell at Hull just before Allardyce departed as well - he didn't score a single goal and was ridiculed by Hull supporters.

Djorkaeff? Okocha? Stelios? Allardyce actually loves to accommodate skilful players in attack where possible. I've seen many people on here desperately searching for a stick to beat Allardyce with...but Ricardo Vaz Te?! That really is a new low, well done.

It'd help if the team didn't lump the ball up to him so often. Every time he got the ball played into feet and ran at the Hull defence he caused problems.

He does favour his right foot though. Ideally we'd get a decent left mid in in January, and play Holliett wide right, then two from Dunn/Emerton/N'Zonzi in the centre (or all three depending on formation) then a new player on the left.

might sound a bit childish but has no one thought that bringing banners that say things like 'stay junior hoilett we love you' wouldn't go a miss?

I think plenty of folks at the recent Blackburn Rovers Disabled Supporters' Christmas Party were telling him just that. He is a very pleasant young man. One of the highlights of the evening for me was when a little girl, about age seven, came for him to sign her autograph book. The look of delight on her face was just brilliant.

Rubbish.

Ricardo Vaz Te hasn't made it because he's crap. Allardyce left Bolton when Vaz Te was 20 for crying out loud, if he had any sort of ability as a front man then there has been ample time for other managers to find it. Vaz Te had a loan spell at Hull just before Allardyce departed as well - he didn't score a single goal and was ridiculed by Hull supporters.

Djorkaeff? Okocha? Stelios? Allardyce actually loves to accommodate skilful players in attack where possible. I've seen many people on here desperately searching for a stick to beat Allardyce with...but Ricardo Vaz Te?! That really is a new low, well done.

Djorkaeff, Okocha, Stelios - what did their Bolton careers have in common. It came near the end of their careers (Stelios was perhaps a little younger than the other two).

Name me one skilful YOUNG player who flourished under Allardyce's regime? Ricardo Gardner had his moments but never fulfilled his full promise.

I personally cannot think of any other. Which is why if I was a technically gifted slighter young player at Rovers I would be a bit concerned about my progress, as maybe Hoilett should be.

Of course, Allardyce is not the same manager as he was at Bolton. His use of Dunn as a second forward seems a new direction for him, away from the siege-football of 4-5-1. However, imo Allardyce has so far failed to prove that his managerial style is conducive to encouraging the development of skilful young players.

And if you think about it, Djorkaeff, Okocha and Stelios played in Bolton sides that were roundly derided by virtually ALL non-Bolton fans for their long ball fotoball. Even you, Le Chuck, I'm sure, had a pop at their rudimentary ways. Sure, those guys had skill but what was their main role int he Bolton side? Get the ball into the box as early as possible. How many times did Okocha launch his long throw at Kevin Davies?

I respect Allardyce for what he's done at Rovers. However, I just wish that he would recognise that to reduce football to percentages is to kill a great sport.

Djorkaeff, Okocha, Stelios - what did their Bolton careers have in common. It came near the end of their careers (Stelios was perhaps a little younger than the other two).

Name me one skilful YOUNG player who flourished under Allardyce's regime? Ricardo Gardner had his moments but never fulfilled his full promise.

I personally cannot think of any other. Which is why if I was a technically gifted slighter young player at Rovers I would be a bit concerned about my progress, as maybe Hoilett should be.

Of course, Allardyce is not the same manager as he was at Bolton. His use of Dunn as a second forward seems a new direction for him, away from the siege-football of 4-5-1. However, imo Allardyce has so far failed to prove that his managerial style is conducive to encouraging the development of skilful young players.

And if you think about it, Djorkaeff, Okocha and Stelios played in Bolton sides that were roundly derided by virtually ALL non-Bolton fans for their long ball fotoball. Even you, Le Chuck, I'm sure, had a pop at their rudimentary ways. Sure, those guys had skill but what was their main role int he Bolton side? Get the ball into the box as early as possible. How many times did Okocha launch his long throw at Kevin Davies?

I respect Allardyce for what he's done at Rovers. However, I just wish that he would recognise that to reduce football to percentages is to kill a great sport.

Eidur Gudjohnsen?

Hoillet's ball control yesterday was brilliant.

But his football brain is not yet developed at PL level and was picking wrong options of what to do when in posession about 50% of the time. As has already been observed, some of the passes he received were certainly testing his ball control skills to say the least!

One other thing which has just come to me. A fair number of the team just cleared off down the tunnel at the end of the game. Junior was one of the ones however, who came over and acknowledged the fans support (the others being robbo, nelsen, samba and givet I think). Not a massive thing, but a sign he may well be warming to rovers.

One other thing which has just come to me. A fair number of the team just cleared off down the tunnel at the end of the game. Junior was one of the ones however, who came over and acknowledged the fans support (the others being robbo, nelsen, samba and givet I think). Not a massive thing, but a sign he may well be warming to rovers.

He'll obviously be a lot more inclined to consider signing a contract here if he is starting games as opposed to being on the bench/not being in the squad.

Imperative we keep him imo.

For the first 10 - 15 mins yesterday I thought 'hello, we're going to have some joy down the left today' - he looked good - but after that I think McShane got the measure of him. Just be physical against Hoilett and that neutralises him. And let's face it, McShane is hardly the best full back in the league (he's a centre back isn't he?).

Sure, he'll learn, but at the moment I don't think he's worth a starting place. Maybe controversial but that's how I see it. Another one that if you combine the good qualities of someone else (eg Diouf) with Junior's good qualities (eg pace) we'd have a good un.

Archived