BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Hoilett

Guest benmaxwell

It wouldnt make sense to let MGP go for free - we could sell him if we could extend his contract. He is a saleable asset.

I don't think anyone is suggesting his contract should be allowed to run down.

IMO, we are accessing Hoilett as to how quick he is developing which will affect the terms offered to MGP.

If he was given a four year extension with a salary increase there would no doubt be a few feathers being spit, that would also see him through to 32.

Given a four year deal and the current market togeather with the new regulations for home grown players what would be his value?. I'd be surprised at the moment if we could get more than 4m for him.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just hope Hoilett continues his progress.

Since the days of Young Dunn, Duffers, Jansen, David Thompson we've lacked a creative spark that can make all the dross that we see on a football pitch worthwhile.

If Doran and Hoilett, two skilful players, could embed themselves into Allardyce's tactics, our team would be exciting to watch. Please let it happen!

By that logic how many have not?

I believe that Sir Alex, grand pooba, wanted him and he chose us over them. He has been known to be a good judge of talent. There are clubs galore that want left footed wingers.

Playing at Man U means living under pressure and competition for places which frequently draws the best out of a lot of players. Some players need that pressure to perform to their utmost and some don't. I think that MGP would been a better player with that sort of fire under him.

It wouldnt make sense to let MGP go for free - we could sell him if we could extend his contract. He is a saleable asset.

Anybody who can play wide left is much more valuable than a right footed player of similar ability.

He deserves to be in ahead of MGP tomorrow, but with the defensive side of his game not that strong Sam will probably leave him on the bench.

If he does play or when he comes on as sub, we need to play to his strengths, give him the ball in a position he can run with it from. He is quick and good with the ball at his feet and he is the only player, apart from Dunn, who can actually dribble.

He deserves to be in ahead of MGP tomorrow, but with the defensive side of his game not that strong Sam will probably leave him on the bench.

If he does play or when he comes on as sub, we need to play to his strengths, give him the ball in a position he can run with it from. He is quick and good with the ball at his feet and he is the only player, apart from Dunn, who can actually dribble.

He needs to play on the right with Dunn and Diouf in the middle.

On your second point I agree, but with him on the right. He will be a terror, I have hopes of a Lennon that can cross better.

He needs to play on the right with Dunn and Diouf in the middle.

On your second point I agree, but with him on the right. He will be a terror, I have hopes of a Lennon that can cross better.

Hoillet, EHD, Dunny, MGP....... whose going to get the ball reb? :huh:

If Grella hadn't got sent off he might have had some game time today which is a shame.

I think he is closing in on Pedersen's slot. Diouf looks more comfortable on the left, so then Hoilett should come in on the right. Only issue is if he can do the defensive side of things.

Don't know if you were at the Gillingham game or not but the boy looked like he had some fight in him that day, really was pushing his (light)weight about.

Don't know if you were at the Gillingham game or not but the boy looked like he had some fight in him that day, really was pushing his (light)weight about.

Yeah, I was there. He is stronger than he looks, but I suppose Sam's concern is whether he would hold the shape of the team correctly. He is a striker/winger by trade, so may not really be too positionally aware and interested in tracking back.

We shall see. Sam has to fit him in somewhere. Di Santo up top, Dunn in behind, Diouf left, Hoilett right sounds pretty tasty....

Eh? Are they bringing Bould and Keown back from retirement? :o

I think I see Waggy's point. Arsenal aren't the type of team to kick the lad up in the air because he's a bit quick.

Having said that he may just be required to do a little tracking back at the Emirates :o:(

• 3 weeks later...

The club have been very negligent in this case. Why, if he has such big potential, was the contract not tied up much sooner? It's all gone quiet since he got his permit and it looks to me like David might be looking to leave.

I think more playing time ahead of Diouf could persuade him to stay but I am not holding my hopes up too much. Anyone else worried about this?

Nicko's article about Junior.

Basically Sam has gone to Canada on a 2 day mission to speak direct to Juniors dad to try and tie the lad to a new contract & that 2 top German clubs and some of the big clubs in England are starting to take notice of him.

Wow. I hope he stays, but this is a bit ridiculous. The kid has not scored a premiership goal or played a full game yet..if he thinks he's the new Ronaldo and too big to play for us, he's welcome to leave. The club shouldn't be begging his parents to stay.

I'm sorry but I just can not get past the fact that instead of being grateful to be given the opportunity, some "stars" just look to leave for the money before they've even proven a thing yet.

The club have been very negligent in this case. Why, if he has such big potential, was the contract not tied up much sooner? It's all gone quiet since he got his permit and it looks to me like David might be looking to leave.

I think more playing time ahead of Diouf could persuade him to stay but I am not holding my hopes up too much. Anyone else worried about this?

This is as bonkers as the criticism that Rovers did not sign Dunn to a long term when he was in his wheel chair.

Twelve weeks ago, Junior did not have a UK Work Permit.

Obviously I desperately hope Sam strikes an agreement whilst he is in Canada but if we lose Hoilett it will be because of Britain's ridiculously over-restrictive immigration rules.

Archived