Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Hoilett

Guest benmaxwell

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't do it! I've got a cat named Santa Cruz! :rolleyes:

Don't do it Hughesy.

Learn from others mistakes not only do I have two useless shirts with Warnock one the back, I also have a dog called Warnock. Should have just called him Fido.

After reading these posts, I imagine Waggy is off to collect puppy Lardarse as we speak.

"Rover" is the name I've had engraved on my mug at my favorite Lake Havasu bar, Mudsharks. It's been awhile. I need to get down there and throw a few back.

Personally, I think Hoilett is a good bet for re-signing. Sam is an excellent man manager and I am confident that he'll convince Junior and his father that he features in the Rovers' long term plans.

Any news of how Sam's trip to Canada went?

Incidentally, it was no match to judge him in but Junior was if anything even worse than MGP at Stamford Bridge! Let's hope he gets a proper opportunity v Peterborough

How can you judge Junior's performance compared to MGP? He got about 15 minutes...... :rolleyes:

Any news of how Sam's trip to Canada went?

Incidentally, it was no match to judge him in but Junior was if anything even worse than MGP at Stamford Bridge! Let's hope he gets a proper opportunity v Peterborough

Junior really wasn't worse than Gamst on Saturday. At least Junior was prepared to get on the ball and put a tackle or two in.

If MGP is ahead of Junior next Saturday then Hoilett has either played exceptionally badly against the Posh or MGP (throw in Andrews and Roberts) must be Big Sam's love child(s).

Not sure who you are talking about...Iv suggested MGP should leave, but to be replaced by Gunnarson or Adam Johnson (Getting too much headlines elsewhere now).

Not hoilett. I think Junior has a big future but im not sure its on the left wing!

Very disappointed in this lad tonight, very.

No end product, too casual, no good at defending, potential eh!

In his defence, playing wide in a midfield four isn't his natural position, so it's no surprise he has some failings there. He's more than young enough to learn these parts of the game, which I guess is what these kind of games are ultimately used for.

Someone who is a slender build with pace and trickery is always going to end up as a winger, so he'll need to work hard on the defensive side of his game before he can be a first team regular.

I thought he was OK, played some great balls across the box which on another day would have been converted

Those balls across the box SHOULD have picked out the Rovers player not just hit and hopers.

Hoilet was too blame for their first goal, could have been the cause of another one first half. Macdonald was screaming at him to pull his finger out mid way through the first half. Thankfully they lost a man which allowed Rovers the LUXURY of keeping Hiolett on the pitch for the full ninety, eleven v eleven Rovers were struggling with Hoilett in the team.

Didnt see one thing form Hoilett tonight to suggest he MAY make an allround premeirship player, he made Emmerton and Pedersen look far more capable seniors players.

I thought Hoilett got better as the game went on but tonight showed that he has alot to learn if he is going to play on the wing. The defensive side of his game is poor at the moment and this is something he is clearly going to have to work on if he wants to make that position his own. At the moment he looks far better when playing just behind the front man. Nonetheless, I think is has great potential but clearly needs to improve certain aspects of his game.

I thought Hoilett got better as the game went on but tonight showed that he has alot to learn if he is going to play on the wing. The defensive side of his game is poor at the moment and this is something he is clearly going to have to work on if he wants to make that position his own. At the moment he looks far better when playing just behind the front man. Nonetheless, I think is has great potential but clearly needs to improve certain aspects of his game.

Come on parson blue, were is the end product in this lad, i've yet to see anything in him. He was lucky they had a man sent off.

Archived