BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Kevin Davies - The Second Coming...?

Would you be in favour of re-signing Kevin Davies?  

453 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be in favour of re-signing Kevin Davies?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends on Price
    • I'd rather have Grooby upfront

So why don't you put me on ignore yourself Deryck? I bloody wish you would instead of your usual sniping and goading.

I actually quite enjoy some of your posts. When you stick to football you come accross as somebody who knows their subject even if I dont always agree.

Sadly however, you seem to be unable to help yourself when it comes to airing some offensive opinions and just being plain rude and ignorant. Sniping and goading some might say.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Which all brings me back to the original post I made to you which is that I don't think Nicko (or anyone) is particularly arguing with you but what they (and presumably the professionals that scout for us) are saying is that there isn't a Roque or a Bentley available at the moment - in their opinion. So if you are trying to improve (as everyone must or you go backwards) then you choose either to gamble on somebody you don't entirely rate or you pick a "safe" option. :rolleyes:

I don't doubt for a minute that our scouts can find useful players who aren't Davies and Rothen who might be interested in coming here. Sam wants players with top quality experience and that's his call to make, and that's why he presumably wants Davies and co. I find it hard to believe that "there is no one else who can be good enough" because then the teams in similar stature would be after the exact same targets as us. :P

The rest of the world isn't devoid of talent, it never will be... there are plenty of teams buying talented players from abroad as we speak. Whether they make the step up to the premiership - only time will tell. But I feel that we at least need to buy one or two decent prospects - aswell as an older head if need be.

Anyway, I'm off this board for a while. The cynical and pessimistic people on here (not you RTH) are making me depressed, not what I need in the summertime. :P

Anyway, I'm off this board for a while. The cynical and pessimistic people on here (not you RTH) are making me depressed, not what I need in the summertime. :P

it's not all doom and gloom. Some of the overreaction is actually funny. Still, check out the second part of my sig. True

it's not all doom and gloom. Some of the overreaction is actually funny. Still, check out the second part of my sig. True

Let us not forget that we are Rovers Fans. We have been there before. We know the score. When someone says to us "Every cloud has a silver lining", we know that it's more than likely a thunderstorm in disguise.

Rovers forever!

I actually quite enjoy some of your posts. When you stick to football you come accross as somebody who knows their subject even if I dont always agree.

Sadly however, you seem to be unable to help yourself when it comes to airing some offensive opinions and just being plain rude and ignorant. Sniping and goading some might say.

Personally I think I know as much about Blackburn as you think I do about football. I simply posted a link to a website that was relevent to the discussion. So go to the thread and make a comment on the link please not one about me, I'd like to hear your comments.

Just as an aside do you live in Blackburn or close by?

Personally I think I know as much about Blackburn as you think I do about football. I simply posted a link to a website that was relevent to the discussion. So go to the thread and make a comment on the link please not one about me, I'd like to hear your comments.

Just as an aside do you live in Blackburn or close by?

At the risk at taking this thread away from it's rightful topic, I'm Blackburn born but spent most of my life in Accy. The post which has got you so hot and bothered is on ICBINF so I dont know why you would bring it up here but the fact that you've got wound up about it says much.

Now back to Mr Davies........

According to this article: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/profi...mp;&cc=5901 we've paid 7.5m for Kevin Davies once already. But, i'd do it again in a heartbeat if given the chance. Here are his stats at Bolton.

YR GP GLs ASS

03/04 38 9 6

04/05 35 8 2

05/06 37 7 6

06/07 30 8 6

07/08 31 4 4

08/09 38 12 4

tots 210 48 28

He's turned 32 in March. He's no spring chicken but, he's not over-the-hill either. There are no guarentees but, should he stay healthy, which seems to be his history, we'd have a striker that we can count on. And his game relies more on mental and physical strength then anything so, he should be around for 3, 4, 5 years. I'd pay (7.5m/3 = 2.5m) 2.5m a year to have consistency and a guarenteed menace to opposing defences up front. He's a rock in the middle. It would be Benni's dream to have someone doing all the work while he benefitted from passes, lose balls, and rebounds. Hell, we'd already have a Ruud in Benni. (Benni is no Ruud but, it's the same principle).

Davies has played in 210 of a possible 228 matches, being apart of 76 goals. That's every 2.76 games in which he sets up a goal or scores. Not bad.

To tell you the truth if i were Bolton i wouldn't let Davies go for less then 7.5m or maybe more. He's that important to them.

According to this article: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/profi...mp;&cc=5901 we've paid 7.5m for Kevin Davies once already. But, i'd do it again in a heartbeat if given the chance. Here are his stats at Bolton.

YR GP GLs ASS

03/04 38 9 6

04/05 35 8 2

05/06 37 7 6

06/07 30 8 6

07/08 31 4 4

08/09 38 12 4

tots 210 48 28

He's turned 32 in March. He's no spring chicken but, he's not over-the-hill either. There are no guarentees but, should he stay healthy, which seems to be his history, we'd have a striker that we can count on. And his game relies more on mental and physical strength then anything so, he should be around for 3, 4, 5 years. I'd pay (7.5m/3 = 2.5m) 2.5m a year to have consistency and a guarenteed menace to opposing defences up front. He's a rock in the middle. It would be Benni's dream to have someone doing all the work while he benefitted from passes, lose balls, and rebounds. Hell, we'd already have a Ruud in Benni. (Benni is no Ruud but, it's the same principle).

Davies has played in 210 of a possible 228 matches, being apart of 76 goals. That's every 2.76 games in which he sets up a goal or scores. Not bad.

To tell you the truth if i were Bolton i wouldn't let Davies go for less then 7.5m or maybe more. He's that important to them.

Not bad? As way of a comparison, MGP, vilified by many on here, has been a part of 72 goals in 188 matches for us, which is once every 2.61 games, and he isn't even a forward.

I suppose KD hasn't been as plagued by injury as the time when he was with us...I remember standing on his toe when I had my picture taken with him when I was mascot for a friendly against Ipswich in the Pre-season, fell over passing the ball with Chris Sutton and Tim Sherwood too lol!

Not bad? As way of a comparison, MGP, vilified by many on here, has been a part of 72 goals in 188 matches for us, which is once every 2.61 games, and he isn't even a forward.

Good point American. However, MGP's participation in scoring hasn't been the same over the last two years as it was in 05/06 and 06/07. So, his consistency is not the same plus the stats i used were strictly EPL. MGP's average would be 2.89 from 159 EPL appearances with 24 goals and 31 assists.

All a moot point as John Williams has apparently told Sam that KD's not available.

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8...5404351,00.html

Good point American. However, MGP's participation in scoring hasn't been the same over the last two years as it was in 05/06 and 06/07. So, his consistency is not the same plus the stats i used were strictly EPL. MGP's average would be 2.89 from 159 EPL appearances with 24 goals and 31 assists.

All a moot point as John Williams has apparently told Sam that KD's not available.

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8...5404351,00.html

I wonder if JW even bothered phoning ;)

Archived