SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bentley

Hughesy

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
David Bentley Statement

I should like to apologise to my Club and the supporters for my actions which led to my car accident last night and my subsequent charge. It was wholly unacceptable and I fully appreciate that as a professional footballer I have a duty to behave in a reputable and responsible manner. I am thankful that nobody was injured in the accident. This has been a wake-up call for me both personally and professionally.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/artic...ment130809.html

Just a shame we are so skint. Redknapp went apesh*t last time one of his players was boozing and had an incident (Ledley King) and he put a booze ban on the squad. He could be bought for much cheaper now if Spurs decide they just want to get rid.

Clearly he needs a manager to take him under his wing and get him back on track, Sam would be perfect IMO.

Yes, pity we're boracic.

Could we try to get him back on loan? (No, I know!)

I know they've paid a lot for him, but this could result in a spectacular falling out with the club, especially as 'Arry doesn't seem to rate him. His price could drop like a stone, well, if it weren't for Levy...

I'd love Bentley to come back,but this is a million miles away from happening.

He is a class footballer. But take his football away and he's a young man with a load of money; we'd all get in trouble of some sort.

He needs to be the big fish and we have a space in our pond.

Find some money and bring him home.

I'd love Bentley to come back,but this is a million miles away from happening.

He is a class footballer. But take his football away and he's a young man with a load of money; we'd all get in trouble of some sort.

He needs to be the big fish and we have a space in our pond.

Find some money and bring him home.

Such a worthy case for such misfortune. The guy's an @rse of Lucash Neill standards imo. I'd like him to beg us to take him back and then tell him to sling it.

He's not been found guilty yet, he might get Mr loophole to represent him or he might even be not guilty.

from what he has said on the tottenham site (quoted on the page before this on this thread) i think it's safe to say he is guilty.

and it doesn't matter what the verdict is, if he did it he did it, and he has already admitted to it. mr loophole won't help his reputation

i agree with a loan, with option to buy at the end (providing its a year long loan) that way we can raise the funds to pay for him (dont spurs want like 12m for him?)

IMHO he will mean the difference between finishing 8th and finishing 6th or even 5th

Did the rule change this year then? On my FM09 game I can loan two players but not from the same club in the premiership. I just always thought it was pretty hot on things like that.

Oh and if we can't afford salgado what on earth makes people think we can afford Bentleys 50,000 a week wages either and I doubt he'd be a free loan either they'd surely want a fee.

This little jumped up buck should be locked up! Never mind I should be a role model crap... if he wasn't a footballer he would most probably be unemployed! - The Guy is thick he can't string two words together - The only good thing that could have come out of this, is if he had broke both of his legs in the accident and couldn't play again. He doesn't deserve the privilege of being a premier league footballer! IDIOT!

This little jumped up buck should be locked up! Never mind I should be a role model crap... if he wasn't a footballer he would most probably be unemployed! - The Guy is thick he can't string two words together - The only good thing that could have come out of this, is if he had broke both of his legs in the accident and couldn't play again. He doesn't deserve the privilege of being a premier league footballer! IDIOT!

Nicked your bird whilst he was up here did he?

nicko said Villa have 3 live bids for players all under their current valuation, probably Bentley, Warnock, possibly Distin or whoever is left at Pompey.

Everyone knows what Spuds are like, they paid 17m for him a year ago, can't see them taking less than 15m which based on last season's form nobody will pay, they might have to look at loaning him out to get him back on form and his value up, shame we can't have him with Di Santo already in.

I'd happily forgive him if he responded to a second chance by performing on the pitch. Let's have a whip round lads.

Archived