Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bentley

Hughesy

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Its reported that everton are thinking of offering 10M for bentley

http://www.fansfc.com/story/11308.html

Dont think they would pay that much for him that must be a lot of there transfer kitty.

I could see bentley at Everton. Moyes could get a lot out of him, and would treasure his delivery from set pieces. Plus usually they get a bunch of money every summer to sign one big name player. The glove fits.

Newcastle will probably have a go if they stay up. Hughes would be interested but for already having SWP, Ireland and Robinho. Villa were interested but now doubtful considering they have Miler, Ablonhor and Young. Maybe though....

I think it would take a staggering turn of events for him to turn up here.

Everton are hardly blessed with wide players, after Arteta and Pienaar they are struggling. Osman is decent but Bentley would be a big improvement on him. I think they've used Gosling and Baines on the wings due to lack of numbers out there.

Moyes does like his British players too. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Bentley ended up there.

Everton are hardly blessed with wide players, after Arteta and Pienaar they are struggling. Osman is decent but Bentley would be a big improvement on him. I think they've used Gosling and Baines on the wings due to lack of numbers out there.

Moyes does like his British players too. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Bentley ended up there.

Good point

Still think 10 mil might just be a bit didn't they spend a lot on pienaar

Guest benmaxwell
Good point

Still think 10 mil might just be a bit didn't they spend a lot on pienaar

How much did they spend on Marouane Fellaini... :rock:

Wasn't Fellaini about 15m? I'm got a feeling Pienaar was cheap.

Yes, Fellaini was 15m apparently, which is why I always get annoyed with the "Moyes has done it on a shoestring" brigade. Yes, compared to teams like Utd, Liverpool, Spurs. No compared to us and some of the other lower end teams.

They always say they are skint and then all of a sudden sign an £8m+ player - crazy!

I could see owen as an Everton signing this year, maybe Bentley too. Best thing Bents could do is re-join rovers, but he wont do that.

Can't see Owen going to Everton; Yakubu, Saha, Jo, Anichebe, Fellaini (when they're all injured) - there's definitely a pattern there! Size certainly seems important to Moyes. Actually...O'Neill is the same with Carew and Heskey. Evidence suggests that Sam would be doing the right thing to bring in a powerful 'target man' type player, although most of those also have pace as well.

Yes, Fellaini was 15m apparently, which is why I always get annoyed with the "Moyes has done it on a shoestring" brigade. Yes, compared to teams like Utd, Liverpool, Spurs. No compared to us and some of the other lower end teams.

I second that. Our biggest signing was Grella for £4m for goodness sake!

I definitely could... if they got him for an undisclosed fee from a relegated Newcastle I think they'd be prepared to pay his wages. More importantly, isn't Everton Owen's childhood team? Players usually do end up playing for their supported teams when it remotely suits both parties...

Anyway, to stay on topic, Bentley is an egit with an egit's haircut.

Owen is out of contract in the summer. (Isn't he?!)

My bad - I wasn't sure. Which makes the deal even more feasible.

Just to get back on topic, what do you think of Bentley's haircut?

Its the stupidiest hair cut in the league with some of david james hair cuts a close 2nd

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived