BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bentley

Hughesy

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I knew as soon as I took him out my fantasy team he'd start performing.

Keeper should have saved it in my opinion.

Still looks like he's possessed or something when 'celebrating'.

Don't think either keeper is as good as Robinson.Spurs made a bad error there.

For the record bentley has been awful tonight, he must have hit 5-6 crosses to nobody. Still similar to MGP a few seasons back the wonder goal will hide that.

Didn't watch the game, but from watching MOTD he gave the ball away in dangerous areas several times. One of the times it lead to Arsenal scoring their 2nd goal, and in the 2nd half he gave the ball away twice in quick succession just in front of spuds' own penalty area which created a couple of huge chances for Arsenal.

I'm afraid he's going to start perform now when he's playing on the right along with spuds getting their act together :(

Can everyone please put him back in your Fantasy team, so he plays crap again? ^_^

Wenger's spineless wonders strike again. It'll be years before this shower claims another title.

Funny how that keeps being thrown at them considering everytime we play them its as if they are wearing reinforced armour with a chastity belt, such is our lack of penetration against them.

BTW -I left him in my fantasy team - had a funny feeling they would start to improve along with Bent

Apparently Spuds are selling 4-4 shirts, that is replica kits with 4-4 on them. Just shows what a joke club they are, that they celebrate a sort of flukey draw against their biggest rivals like they've won the league. It also confirms that Spurs are forever in the shadow of Arsenal, and are not as big as they think they are. With luck, there will be a return to losing ways in a few weeks time.

I read some of James Lawton's article in the Independent about him today.

He argues that Bentley just sounded stupid talking about superman at the end of 1 good game, suggesting he needs to do a lot more than perform well occasionnally.

So, David, remember it's a simple game, played predominantly with feet. Not your mouth.

Just had my brother on the phone (spurs Fan).. asking if I saw the game on Wednesday and what a fantastic result. He seemed a little upset when I told him they must be a REALLY big club if they are celebrating a draw against their biggest rivals...... he didn't seem to impressed with my cynicism.

He also made some comment about Bentley to which I replied that one decent goal in 10 games isn't bad for £17m.

god I hope they carry on struggling this season

Although it was a remarkable result, the media are going waaay overboard with the Arsenal/Spurs extravaganza.

Bentley's goal was a decent strike, but poor goalkeeping by Almunia made it look much better than it was.

Although it was a remarkable result, the media are going waaay overboard with the Arsenal/Spurs extravaganza.

Bentley's goal was a decent strike, but poor goalkeeping by Almunia made it look much better than it was.

Disagree re Almunia.

If you look at it from behind the goal, the ball moves prodigiously to the left at the last moment. If it had carried on going in the original arc Almunia had back pedalled to be in good position to tip it over- probably a combination of spin and a strong wind eddy inside that enormous stadium caused the late swing.

Most players would not even have seen the opportunity and that is the real issue when assesing player quality.

100% spot on 'drog. Completely agree.

(don't worry, I am going to enjoy your Clattenburg moment on the WBA thread)

Just seen the graphic at HT in the Spurs v Liverpool game- over 80% of their attacks are coming down the middle and virtually nothing from the right flank.

Calling Spurs to Bentley, are you reading us?

PS Absolutely cracking Carragher og from Bentley's corner in the second half! A real beaut!

I can't find the rabbit thread on ICBINF so thought I would post it on here instead.

Unfortunately I am sad to report that Roque Bentley-Hughes aka Bentley Bunny passed away early this morning after a short illness. He will be sadly missed.

I can't find the rabbit thread on ICBINF so thought I would post it on here instead.

Unfortunately I am sad to report that Roque Bentley-Hughes aka Bentley Bunny passed away early this morning after a short illness. He will be sadly missed.

Well that's very sad news Hannah. It just goes to show that there's more important things in life than arguing about football on a message board.

Condolences to you and his family [of which there could be millions].

Archived