BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bentley

Hughesy

I don't understand why people wouldn't take Bentley back. Why not? We are crying out for a Right Winger, he's the best Right Winger we've had in ages at Rovers, we all know what he is capable of and do you really give a toss about what he says off the pitch. As long as he's out there on a Saturday afternoon playing for us and getting them crosses in and the odd goal here and there, it's all that matters.

Im making my own "Brigade", Bring Bentley Back Brigade!!

Anyones welcome to join :P

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Devil's advocate time.

Would we have him back though?

Just wondering what all these folk that moan about us letting him go, Ince acting rashly, not replacing him etc would think if the prodigal did return?

I would have him back if MH were still the manager. However, this could be seen to be yet another attack on Ince......I'm not sure how he would perform under Ince. He has been quoted as liking 2 speedy wingers and Bentley clearly does not fall into that category. If he could come back and be as creative as in the past, that would be great, but if he came back, didn't play as often as he would like, I guess the move would be a disaster.

Oh, and he would have to keep away from the media.

I don't understand why people wouldn't take Bentley back. Why not? We are crying out for a Right Winger, he's the best Right Winger we've had in ages at Rovers, we all know what he is capable of and do you really give a toss about what he says off the pitch. As long as he's out there on a Saturday afternoon playing for us and getting them crosses in and the odd goal here and there, it's all that matters.

Im making my own "Brigade", Bring Bentley Back Brigade!!

Anyones welcome to join :P

So he can be here, get his form back up and at the drop of a hat leave to join another champions league (ha ha) hopeful telling us to go (Please don't use that word again) ourselves as he walks out the door. :tu:

Made him look a prat tonight. I must say he either has big balls or an empty space between his ears to keep setting himself up so readily. I wonder why his agent (and his new club) do not stop him doing so?

Said nowt in the whole interview. Gabby Logan must be the worst interviewer ever as she flirted with him and actually couldn't get him to say even one vaguely controversial thing. Most of the time was taken up with the rehash of the previous interview. He's not the most articulate of young men and really the fun was in what he didn't say and the body language that suggested that he'd rather be anywhere then there (either at the BBC or at spurs)

One thing is for certain having watched the interview.

He cemented is place as a thick TWIT.

He made himself look a complete ar$e like he did in his drunken interview on SKY and his apparent lack of respect for Capello and the fact that he is not first choice RIGHT side sums him up totally.

You have to ask the question, if he REALLY is such a quality player why arent the top 4 banging doors down to get him ?

david, your a complete tool :P

One thing is for certain having watched the interview.

He cemented is place as a thick TWIT.

He made himself look a complete ar$e like he did in his drunken interview on SKY and his apparent lack of respect for Capello and the fact that he is not first choice RIGHT side sums him up totally.

You have to ask the question, if he REALLY is such a quality player why arent the top 4 banging doors down to get him ?

david, your a complete tool :P

Well, I held off saying he's thick because I got told off once before for it but he did certainly sound it in that interview. He deosn't seem to have the sense to see that what made him good at Rovers was the chances he got to show what he could do. Most of our play went through him and we would give him plenty of the ball.

I have to say what a complete d**k he comes across as having watched his interview, so believing of his own hype, I thought agents were paid to stop players making fools of themselves like this or has he been real smart and hired some PR guru like max clifford to get himself lots of media coverage? just glad we got what we did for him

Bentley came across as being pretty creepy in this interview. Did you see him winking and wagging his finger around with his greasy do? We all knew he was cocky and you could see this in the way he played but most of the time in interviews he was very focused on the game of football.

Would i have him back? Yes in a flash.

No bloody wonder....you are a teacher! You really need to say he has 'communication difficulties'. :lol:

Depends who teachers are talking to. Among ourselves you'll probably hear the word thick plenty of times when there are no kids around because it's a value judgement and suggests those kids are less worthy than the more able. You don't tend to hear it about kids who have specific learning difficulties more about those who just don't want to learn rather than those who struggle to do so. And yes, we are very careful what we say in public.

Dont you just love it-

"It's been difficult out on the pitch,” Bentley said. “We've not been together. We didn't know where people were running, what people were doing. It's been a difficult start. I wasn't enjoying it. It's been shocking, it's been a bit s**t."

we should be asking the spurs board the for the extras in this transfer fee as a goodwill gesture for them ruining the lads career ( or did he do that himself whilst in blue n white ) meaning he is now 5th choice for england behind walcott, beckham, lennon, wright-phillips for the right hand side slot

Depends who teachers are talking to. Among ourselves you'll probably hear the word thick plenty of times when there are no kids around because it's a value judgement and suggests those kids are less worthy than the more able. You don't tend to hear it about kids who have specific learning difficulties more about those who just don't want to learn rather than those who struggle to do so. And yes, we are very careful what we say in public.

'Thick' is a 'value judgement' in the staff room. :rolleyes:

Does he mean a value judgement as in 1 to 10 or similar,

1 being ultimately thick or 10 being ultimately thick

:D

No what I mean is that kids think thick means worthless. It doesn't in that a lot of the thickest kids I've taught in terms of academic ability have also been some of the nicest kids and the most practical and sensible I've met. Equally some have been awful, just as some of the brightest kids I've taught have been horrible people too, and others have been lovely. your intellectual ability does not mean you are worth less. It's just one part of you.

Doubly interesting.

At Stoke after going a goal and a man down, Spurs players roused themselves to play the home team off the park. But Pulis got hold of his pretty limited team, told them to stop standing off and got at Spuds right from the off second half and Spurs just wilted with no idea what to do as Stoke stopped their pretty game.

After watching the drubbings Arsenal and Man U gave us, I wonder if Rovers have lost our way when it comes to dropping back to playing the "certain way" Bentley talks about?

This is another great quote from Bentley:

"The 24-year-old admits that the situation is different from his time at Blackburn Rovers, where players could fire passes without looking in the knowledge that a team-mate would be on the receiving end. But Bentley is convinced that this will eventually be the case with his new club."

What on earth are Spuds doing on the training pitch all week then?

It baffles me how many articles this man puts out. He really must do two or three a day; and it's all saying the same crap. Best quote from that article though...

The England winger said that it had proved difficult for the team to find their feet...

How's he been doing for England lately? :lol:

News coming in.....

...Bentley now claiming the english press has mis-translated the story. What he meant was Spurs are playing well and should be top of the table :lol:

:D Class.

It baffles me how many articles this man puts out. He really must do two or three a day; and it's all saying the same crap. Best quote from that article though...

How's he been doing for England lately? :lol:

:D Class.

He can do all the interviews because he's never on the pitch for spurs and by the sounds of it they don't spend much time training either. saves his breath for talking

Archived