BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bentley

Hughesy

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Loved Harry's quip on sky sports last night. As he was walking in somewhere a gerno asked him:-

"So, will you be making a move for David Beckham on loan"

Harry replied with a cheeky smile:-

"No, why should I when I have David Bentley"

The sad thing is that I think a comment like that will go straight to Bentleys head.

Nobody who saw Bentleys cross for Spurs 1st goal would disagree with that...... and especially not RSC.

Loved Harry's quip on sky sports last night. As he was walking in somewhere a gerno asked him:-

'gerno'!? :o:lol:

did anyone hear the following song taken from the BBC?

"David Bentley are you listening,

Can you see what you are missing,

Bottom of the league,

With no Champions League,

Walking in an Incey wonderland."

Sung by Blackburn fans at Bolton (to the tune of Walking in a Winterland) . (Ian, UK)

Guest Kamy100

Bentley just scored one of the goals of the season. One touch, 40 yards out and he loops it over the keeper. Take a bow Mr Bentley.

• Backroom

Great goal, the problem is now the numpties have more reason to remind us what we're missing when things don't go well.

great player but he just wasn't worth keeping when he spat his dummy out, still a 1 in 3 games player, I miagine he'll live off that goal for a while

2015: GOAL Arsenal 0-1 Tottenham

We've just seen the goal of the season. The ball is bouncing all over the place just inside the Arsenal half and David Bentley, a la Matt le Tissier against Blackburn in 1995, knees the ball up and volleys it over Manuel Almunia from fully 40 yards. We might have just seen Bentley's 'Beckham' moment.

From the BBC

Somebody text him and tell him it was nothing like Le Tissiers goal

• Backroom

Be interesting to see the responses in the media now, does next to nothing for 8 games then a good cross and a superb speculative goal, bet those spurs fans who were hating him a few weeks back change their tune.

it isnt goal of the season its might be a contender.

Bad goalkeeping if you ask me, just a nice volley on the up a bit hit and hopish.

15 yrs ago I used to score goals like that for fun up at Hypothermia park, Brinscall, ask ABBEY :P:P

1-1 now at The Emirates, almunia is having a nightmare game.

2015: GOAL Arsenal 0-1 Tottenham

We've just seen the goal of the season. The ball is bouncing all over the place just inside the Arsenal half and David Bentley, a la Matt le Tissier against Blackburn in 1995, knees the ball up and volleys it over Manuel Almunia from fully 40 yards. We might have just seen Bentley's 'Beckham' moment.

From the BBC

Somebody text him and tell him it was nothing like Le Tissiers goal

Yeah it was a totally different type of goal. No Knee and the Flowers didn't touch it. It was more like the goal Le Tissier scored against Newcastle at The Dell in 1993 but 10 yards further out.

Be interesting to see the responses in the media now, does next to nothing for 8 games then a good cross and a superb speculative goal, bet those spurs fans who were hating him a few weeks back change their tune.

In all fairness, Bentley had been played left winger, central midfield and right back under Ramos. The last two games he's played on the right and is showing the kind of form he showed with us.

• Backroom

For the record bentley has been awful tonight, he must have hit 5-6 crosses to nobody. Still similar to MGP a few seasons back the wonder goal will hide that.

Wenger's spineless wonders strike again. It'll be years before this shower claims another title.

My brother is in the throes of an anti-Bentley rant at the moment. His distaste for the cocky little monkey has deepened still if that were possible. God what a twit he is (Dave, not my brother innit).

Archived