SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bentley

Hughesy

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I almost feel sorry for David Bentley.

Mark Hughes bought him from Arsenal whan his football career was going nowhere.

Three years later he's a regular, and much appreciated, Blackburn player and has a place in the England squad.

Then he makes the biggest mistake of his life and jumps ship to play for Spuds where he thinks he will get "European Champions" experience.

Looks like he'll be getting "Championship" experience next season.

I'd have him back at Rovers, with the proviso that Ryan Nelson & Chris Samba both grab him by the neck, and hang him from the dressing room wall while the rest of the squad slap him with wet towels.

Then he writes a personal apology to all Rovers fans and parades himself clap only in a thong up and down Northgate pleading for forgiveness.

...sorry I got carried away there......

The press are doing their old trick of letting a minor celebrity mouth off until they have completely self-ridiculed then Bentley will be ignored except for a dismissive label that no doubt will have come out of his own mouth in desperation.

I'd take him back. As long as he shut up.

Mmmm your in an optimistic mood :lol:

If Bentleys out of the press for two days he panic's calls his mate at the mail and proceeds to drool on the phone.

He is his own worst enemy it would seem, I can almost imagine him having arguments with his reflection over things ala Gollem in lord of the rings.

Archived