BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bentley

Hughesy

Nicked from football 365.com

Chuckles

It gives Mediawatch no pleasure to laugh at David Bentl....no, sorry, we can't do it - it gives us immense pleasure to laugh at David Bentley.

To aid our laughter, let's remind ourselves of Mr Bentley's reasons for wanting to leave Blackburn in the summer.

"The situation is I want to move on. I want to be playing Champions League football, or in Europe.

"I want to move on and try and push up the ladder and push on and try and be as successful as I can be in football and I believe that lies elsewhere.

"I want a new challenge. I believe I have done as much as I can at the club and want to push on somewhere else."

Oh dear.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
he now has a new manager in Harry redknapp, isnt he the one who labelled him a one trick pony pre the Rovers game last season ?

RAMOS SACKED HARRY IN

Thanks, 1864- when I saw the Redknapp appointment last night, my immediate reaction was having a vague recollection that he was not a fan of Bentley.

The media really are starting to jump on his back & are starting to realise that how he disrespected our club.

Its not as bad as the beckham witch hunt after the 98 world cup but its going to be interesting to see how bentley comes back from this without someone like Hughes to keep him in check

It is rumoured on BBC website that Harry will pick today's team although he won't officially be in charge so will be very interesting to see if Bentley starts or even if he plays at all! I know which one I am hoping for :P I am sure that news today about Capello not being impressed by him and not likely to pick him again will have annoyed him so a manager who is not a big fan of him is really going to improve his mood. Hopefully he is beginning to regret moving to a "big" club to "improve his England chances" and he should realise that Blackburn was the best place for him. Love the fact even journos are jumping on the bandwagon and criticising him! People are seeing him for what he is. Maybe, just maybe, Harry will be the one to shut him up and stop him acting like the big headed t***** he is!

It is rumoured on BBC website that Harry will pick today's team although he won't officially be in charge so will be very interesting to see if Bentley starts or even if he plays at all! I know which one I am hoping for :P I am sure that news today about Capello not being impressed by him and not likely to pick him again will have annoyed him so a manager who is not a big fan of him is really going to improve his mood. Hopefully he is beginning to regret moving to a "big" club to "improve his England chances" and he should realise that Blackburn was the best place for him. Love the fact even journos are jumping on the bandwagon and criticising him! People are seeing him for what he is. Maybe, just maybe, Harry will be the one to shut him up and stop him acting like the big headed t***** he is!

I suspect Harry Redknapp will get over any dislike he may have of Bentley if he decides he can get him playing well enough to get Spurs out of trouble.

I suspect Harry Redknapp will get over any dislike he may have of Bentley if he decides he can get him playing well enough to get Spurs out of trouble.

Well you're right GB. Bentley is playing on the right and has just supplied the cross to Pavlyuchenko for the first goal..

Thanks, 1864- when I saw the Redknapp appointment last night, my immediate reaction was having a vague recollection that he was not a fan of Bentley.

Which is just what Bentley needs - someone who judges him on performances and won't pander to his ego .

Harry might just be the making of DB . At the very least he'll make the pr1ck cut down his media appearances .

Which is just what Bentley needs - someone who judges him on performances and won't pander to his ego .

Harry might just be the making of DB . At the very least he'll make the pr1ck cut down his media appearances .

thats right ......can't have the manager and player competing for media attention can they? Wonder if Redknapp will lift his ban on BBC tv?

Loved Harry's quip on sky sports last night. As he was walking in somewhere a gerno asked him:-

"So, will you be making a move for David Beckham on loan"

Harry replied with a cheeky smile:-

"No, why should I when I have David Bentley"

The sad thing is that I think a comment like that will go straight to Bentleys head.

BUT if he does try to sign Beckham, then surely Bentley knows what Harry really thinks.

They reckon harry is going to go on a £44m spending spree in January with Defoe & Diarra his two most wanted, with Lennon going the other way. Maybe worth a look?

Archived