BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bentley

Hughesy

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"It's a great club with great people and going into work there every day was really enjoyable."

The cheek of it!

Of course he wants Spurs to win, and it is a game they should win. They're at home to a relegation rival. ;)

You lot are absolute idiots. It's a very pleasant little article where he says nice things about us. You're SO blinkered with hate it's untrue. He's just come from us- of COURSE they're going to want to talk to him at this time. It has probably escaped your notice, but he's been a lot quieter since Harry took over.

He left- and unlike most of the previous "heroes" he left the manager with PLENTY of time to find a replacement. It's not down to him that we hired an inexperienced dolt with no knowledge of any league bar the one he was in (his brain probably couldn't cope with thinking of too much at the same time!)

Would have him back in an instant.

You lot are absolute idiots. It's a very pleasant little article where he says nice things about us. You're SO blinkered with hate it's untrue. He's just come from us- of COURSE they're going to want to talk to him at this time. It has probably escaped your notice, but he's been a lot quieter since Harry took over.

He left- and unlike most of the previous "heroes" he left the manager with PLENTY of time to find a replacement. It's not down to him that we hired an inexperienced dolt with no knowledge of any league bar the one he was in (his brain probably couldn't cope with thinking of too much at the same time!)

Would have him back in an instant.

Whoops thought i was actually going to be able to agree with one of your posts. Should have known better. First paragraph was fine. what else do idiots expect Bentley to say? 2nd paragraph, least said. Agree with your final sentiments though. I too would take him back instantly. We couldn't afford to bear grudges

Whoops thought i was actually going to be able to agree with one of your posts. Should have known better. First paragraph was fine. what else do idiots expect Bentley to say? 2nd paragraph, least said. Agree with your final sentiments though. I too would take him back instantly. We couldn't afford to bear grudges

Yes, but it's the stupidity of people like you (and me- I was dead against Big Sam too) that have left us with Ince. Now I know you're being terrifically PC and like a lot on this board are bending over even further backwards because he's "the first black English manager in the Premier league". That title makes you give him more of a chance than you gave, for instance, Kidd, but the bald truth is that he's worse than Kidd- who at least was a good coach. I'm actually going to White Hart Lane, with my 8 year old nephew, and I look forward to hearing his thoughts. Children are, at least, honest.

"and like a lot on this board are bending over even further backwards because he's "the first black English manager in the Premier league". That title makes you give him more of a chance"

Does it, really?

How many games did Kidd get before a significant minority of people wanted him out? A number of people wanted Ince out BEFORE he got the job! :D

A number of people on this board would like the bloke to be given a fair chance, nothing PC about that.

Yes, but it's the stupidity of people like you (and me- I was dead against Big Sam too) that have left us with Ince. Now I know you're being terrifically PC and like a lot on this board are bending over even further backwards because he's "the first black English manager in the Premier league". That title makes you give him more of a chance than you gave, for instance, Kidd, but the bald truth is that he's worse than Kidd- who at least was a good coach. I'm actually going to White Hart Lane, with my 8 year old nephew, and I look forward to hearing his thoughts. Children are, at least, honest.

In what way is it being PC to want to support a manager now he's in place regardless of his colour (I personally couldn't care less if he was an alien from Mars) If Ince really can't turn it round I will support the decision to sack him as strongly as anyone, but at the moment I think he deserves our backing for another couple of games whilst he is still in charge. I've stated clearly elsewhere that I am not happy with the way things are going at the moment and that the second half last week was some of the worst football or non-football I can remember watching at ewood in a long time. I've also said that the board should be considering their options in case things go even more wrong in the next couple of games. Why presume that I want to give Ince a chance because he's black. I didn't say it. I don't resort to personal insults against fellow posters or the manager and for the record although I didn't want Kidd to stay I did not call for his head either, but you presume to say that because Ince is black I'd give him more chance than I did Kidd. Not true. They both deserved a chance to show what they could do. Kidd I suspect got longer than Ince in that when he first came most people were glad to see him, whereas there were plenty here opposed to Ince before he started not on racial grounds but for a whole host of reasons.

Watching City beat Arsenal last night, I started googling and youtube'ing last year's Blackburn, in a rush of sentimentality, and found something Hughes once said re the Bentley situation:

"He wanted to go, and I told him to stay. Then, a few days later, I signed for Manchester City. I'm sure the boy thought that was a bit unfair, but that's football".

Ince had no chance of keeping Bentley after that.. I don't see a reason why Bentley should have his legs broken, at the end of the day we did get enough money to replace him. I guess the fact that we haven't, kind of shows what made Bentley (and Hughes) leave us in the first place.

Today play the axe to track Mr. Bentley with the simple instruction do to him what you did to the dutch winger who used to play for Chelsea.

Time to repay Mr. Bentley.

Go on Rovers

Although wrong, I would still smile, just a little, if the axe put Bentley out for a couple of months.

;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think that is one of those deliberately unsubtle plants by the Spurs management to help get the message across to Mr Rentaquote.

At least at Rovers, our management managed to keep him reasonably focussed on his game and people who met im said he was still a nice lad.

Harry does the subtle even less subtely here in the Guardian whilst the Sun has said Bentley is for sale if Downing arrives at Spurs.

Don't you hate to see good talent wasted? He is very talented but has an elephantine ego and the attitude of a six year old. To not come out because 'he had a stomach bug, apparently' is quite plainly throwing his toys out of the pram. The worst thing is he could be so much better. Just imagine Brett with Bentley's talent, someone who just gets on with playing and never stops running but has the talent and vision to belt in 40 yarders and crosses that just beg to be smashed in.

Don't you hate to see good talent wasted? He is very talented but has an elephantine ego and the attitude of a six year old. To not come out because 'he had a stomach bug, apparently' is quite plainly throwing his toys out of the pram. The worst thing is he could be so much better. Just imagine Brett with Bentley's talent, someone who just gets on with playing and never stops running but has the talent and vision to belt in 40 yarders and crosses that just beg to be smashed in.

Bentley's big Lomdon club situation is like the child that put his hand in the fire and got it burned. The only difference is that the child learned not to repeat the painful experience.

Just imagine Brett with Bentley's talent, someone who just gets on with playing and never stops running but has the talent and vision to belt in 40 yarders and crosses that just beg to be smashed in.

Then that Brettley, or Benterton, would be playing for Man Utd or Chelski......

Pointless talking about him coming back, he'd never come back as he'd have to admit he made a huge mistake leaving in the first place. He is a quality winger when giving the chance in his regular position, most teams outside the top four would love to have him and it really wouldn't suprise me if someone like Everton or Villa came in for him if Spurs get Downing. He'd choose them over us anyday.

Archived