BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] How Many Mosques In Blackburn?

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same as your post! Ooops I've not taken the bait..my bad

There was no bait. I was just intrigued at the motives behind your post. It has no relevance to this thread whatsoever. You have no idea whether them cars belonged to Asian people or from "Whalley Range".

So again I'll ask you...what was the point of your post, and it's relevance to this thread. I read this thread as often as I can, and I don't want it turning into another racist thread, hence why I asked you.

Now your turn...

There was no bait. I was just intrigued at the motives behind your post. It has no relevance to this thread whatsoever. You have no idea whether them cars belonged to Asian people or from "Whalley Range".

So again I'll ask you...what was the point of your post, and it's relevance to this thread. I read this thread as often as I can, and I don't want it turning into another racist thread, hence why I asked you.

Now your turn...

No it's my turn.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/8454525._Catalogue_of_errors__in_admissions_at_Blackburn_school/?ref=mr

Is this relevent enough BWR? Could it be that the 'best school' in Blackburn, funded by the British taxpayer is operating a racist policy by being completely unavailable to children unless their parents are a member of one of four mosques? Makes one wonder how applications from the indigenous population of the town are treated doesn't it?

I'm not sure how many christian parents would want their children educated there but it'd be interesting to see St Wilfrids or St Bede's try that stunt on in reverse.

No it's my turn.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/8454525._Catalogue_of_errors__in_admissions_at_Blackburn_school/?ref=mr

Is this relevent enough BWR? Could it be that the 'best school' in Blackburn, funded by the British taxpayer is operating a racist policy by being completely unavailable to children unless their parents are a member of one of four mosques? Makes one wonder how applications from the indigenous population of the town are treated doesn't it?

I'm not sure how many christian parents would want their children educated there but it'd be interesting to see St Wilfrids or St Bede's try that stunt on in reverse.

St.Wilfrids accepts many non christians into its sixth form college, so would think that this 'best school' in Blackburn, opens itself up to being closed by the authorities for it one eyed ideals.

No it's my turn.

http://www.lancashir..._school/?ref=mr

And that got's anything to do with how many Mosques there are in Blackburn or parking in Whalley Range?

I'd just like to complain that the Curry Mile in Rusholme isn't as good as it was 10 years ago. Probably Muslims or something.

Thank you Tim Berners-Lee for inventing the internet & internet chat rooms.

Also I'd just like to complain about everything.

No it's my turn.

http://www.lancashir..._school/?ref=mr

Funny you say that Gord. My sister goes to that school and we are not a member of "one of the four" mosques so that claim itself is nonsense because many of her friends reside near my area, and again, none of them are members of them mosques. Finally, the name of the school is "Tauheedul Islamic Girls High School & 6th Form".

What else have you got?

Funny you say that Gord. My sister goes to that school and we are not a member of "one of the four" mosques so that claim itself is nonsense because many of her friends reside near my area, and again, none of them are members of them mosques. Finally, the name of the school is "Tauheedul Islamic Girls High School & 6th Form".

What else have you got?

Fascinating thread this. Try to keep it civil everyone.

Question BWR. Does this school invite or have a quota for students who are not a member of ANY mosque?

Fascinating thread this. Try to keep it civil everyone.

Question BWR. Does this school invite or have a quota for students who are not a member of ANY mosque?

It is a very very small school. When my sister was there a few years ago, it was private then, it only had 30 students in each year.

They have only become government funded recently, over the past 2-3 years. They're renowned around Blackburn for their brilliant results, so every Muslim parent wants to send their daughters there. However, with it being such a small school, many people are going to be left very disappointed. They then give places to those that live close to the area as well as a limited number of places to other students outside the area, something that Lammack and Pleckgate did for many years.

I was rejected by Pleckgate and was told to go Witton because it was closer to me and I had no connection with Lammack either. Apparently, the system back then was if you went to Lammack, you had a guaranteed place at Pleckgate.

So if the likes of Pleckgate, Witton and other schools with high demands do it, I don't see the real problem with an Islamic Girls School doing it.

What else have you got?

I can't speak on individual cases but you obviously haven't read the link I posted from the LT.

The selection process has been defended by no one (but yourself of course) and has been condemned by the ombudsman, the leader of the council, Cnclr Parvaiz Akhtar, assorted parents and to cap it all the school have accepted that they have been left bare arsed over this and along with BwD council have issued a public apology. Yet here you are attempting to whitewash over this by insisting no wrong has been done?

The information given about the individuals on the appeals panel is very irregular too ... quote"The panel was made up of three volunteers, including a 20-year-old, who was a law student and an executive member of Lancashire Council of Mosques as well as an Imam. Yesterday the council, schools governors and Lancashire Council of Mosques refused to name him." Why... no HOW can there be such secrecy over the name of the people on the selection panel? What reason could there be for this? The report then goes on to reveal that the second of the three panel members was an agency worker with no experience of such matters. "She had no experience of school admissions and was unfamiliar with the relationship of voluntary aided schools and the council. She failed to take comprehensive notes. What was she there for then? Brewing up? Now I admit to not knowing this but does anybody know what rules there are (if any) which cover the assembly of these panels of 'volunteers'. I know you are comfortable with it BnWR but it all smells very fishy to me.

Finally BnWR as for the name of the school, what does the name matter? It is state funded so it has to abide by certain rules regarding admissions. There is a similar clue in the name of St Wilfrids Church of England school but that does not preclude children of different faiths attending does it?

I can't speak on individual cases but you obviously haven't read the link I posted from the LT.

The selection process has been defended by no one (but yourself of course) and has been condemned by the ombudsman, the leader of the council, Cnclr Parvaiz Akhtar, assorted parents and to cap it all the school have accepted that they have been left bare arsed over this and along with BwD council have issued a public apology. Yet here you are attempting to whitewash over this by insisting no wrong has been done?

The information given about the individuals on the appeals panel is very irregular too ... quote"The panel was made up of three volunteers, including a 20-year-old, who was a law student and an executive member of Lancashire Council of Mosques as well as an Imam. Yesterday the council, school’s governors and Lancashire Council of Mosques refused to name him." Why... no HOW can there be such secrecy over the name of the people on the selection panel? What reason could there be for this? The report then goes on to reveal that the second of the three panel members was an agency worker with no experience of such matters. "She had no experience of school admissions and was unfamiliar with the relationship of voluntary aided schools and the council. She failed to take comprehensive notes. What was she there for then? Brewing up? Now I admit to not knowing this but does anybody know what rules there are (if any) which cover the assembly of these panels of 'volunteers'. I know you are comfortable with it BnWR but it all smells very fishy to me.

Finally BnWR as for the name of the school, what does the name matter? It is state funded so it has to abide by certain rules regarding admissions. There is a similar clue in the name of St Wilfrids Church of England school but that does not preclude children of different faiths attending does it?

Read my above post about the selection process. Now Gord, I am asking for a bit of common sense from you, if a school has around 30-50 girls per year group and over 1000 applicants each year, how on earth do you go about dealing with the demand? Like I said earlier, Pleckgate and Witton have done this for years but this has never been a problem. I've spoken to one of the Deputy Assistants at Pleckgate today with regards to this matter, and explained my situation to him many years ago. He said that children who live closer to the area, and those that have been to Lammack get first acceptance. So I will ask you now Gord, if Pleckgate can do it why can TIGHS not do it?

I'm after a simple answer to my question, so try not to ramble on and take it off topic please.

Read my above post about the selection process. Now Gord, I am asking for a bit of common sense from you, if a school has around 30-50 girls per year group and over 1000 applicants each year, how on earth do you go about dealing with the demand? Like I said earlier, Pleckgate and Witton have done this for years but this has never been a problem. I've spoken to one of the Deputy Assistants at Pleckgate today with regards to this matter, and explained my situation to him many years ago. He said that children who live closer to the area, and those that have been to Lammack get first acceptance. So I will ask you now Gord, if Pleckgate can do it why can TIGHS not do it?I'm after a simple answer to my question, so try not to ramble on and take it off topic please.

1. I took nothing off topic.

2. In my previous post I've already asked how these appeal panels are assembled so obviously I'm not privy to such information. Do you know how this one was assembled and who appointed them?

3. As for the question re:Pleckgate and TIGHS you really need to address that to a. the Ombudsmen and .b the Leader of the Council.

I hope thats nice and concise enough for you BnWR. -_-

1. I took nothing off topic.

2. In my previous post I've already asked how these appeal panels are assembled so obviously I'm not privy to such information. Do you know how this one was assembled and who appointed them?

3. As for the question re:Pleckgate and TIGHS you really need to address that to a. the Ombudsmen and .b the Leader of the Council.

I hope thats nice and concise enough for you BnWR. -_-

Thenodrog must point out that St.Wilfrids sixth form, the words church of England have been dropped and renamed sixth form COLLEGE.

Going back to the Islamic girls school and saying that we are in a cost driven society, would love to know how much public money is poured into this school per child, compared to your normal comprehensive child of the area. If its more, then surely this cant be right otherwise what sort of troubled future our we funding for the town.

Blue n white....how do I know the car drivers are asian.its not rocket science .tell you what I will wager 50 quid with you that more than 50% are asian and I make a bet that its more likely 100%..good to see you take it off topic..;)

Blue n white....how do I know the car drivers are asian.its not rocket science .tell you what I will wager 50 quid with you that more than 50% are asian and I make a bet that its more likely 100%..good to see you take it off topic..;)

The point is whether or not they were asian owned the traffic wardens and police would consider them more than likely to be asian owned and were therefore decide not to book on racist grounds. Whether any resulting fines would ever have much chance of being paid anyway is entirely another matter.

• Backroom

One way or another this thread makes for depressing reading

Got to say the idea that Asian's get preferential treatment by Traffic Wardens seems a stretch

Have a bit of respect for other religions. I have friends of all types of religions, but i respect them and their religion. I cannot believe the mods and admin, have allowed this thread to continue. I had a thread up, trying to organise a few shirts for charity, and that was removed. This thread is is a disgrace, and im not happy with it. Im muslim btw, but i feel reading through this, would make me feel less welcome over there. Really really disappointing stuff guys.

Have a bit of respect for other religions. I have friends of all types of religions, but i respect them and their religion. I cannot believe the mods and admin, have allowed this thread to continue. I had a thread up, trying to organise a few shirts for charity, and that was removed. This thread is is a disgrace, and im not happy with it. Im muslim btw, but i feel reading through this, would make me feel less welcome over there. Really really disappointing stuff guys.

The school I work in has a high percentage of Muslim children and in dealings with their parents I find most, and have always done, are no different from anyone else. They want their kids to do well. They want them to work hard and they want a decent standard of living for their families. Yes, there are bad families. There are bad white families too. My only issue, as I said earlier, is that the wearing of veils makes parents' evenings very difficult if only mum comes, she wears a veil and her English is not very good

The real tragedy in all this is that we as a species still believe in this rubbish, whatever GOD you choose.

Surely we can now move on from centuries old redundant texts and get down to the real business of living for life we have now and not the non existant one after.

The real tragedy in all this is that we as a species still believe in this rubbish, whatever GOD you choose.

Surely we can now move on from centuries old redundant texts and get down to the real business of living for life we have now and not the non existant one after.

Youtube Christopher Hitchens :)

Youtube Christopher Hitchens :)

Amen or Ameen to that. Absolutely.

Powerful and irrefutable logic. Why so many intellectual cripples amongst the human race require the crutch of religious belief to limp their way through life never ceases to amaze me.

A daily 10 minutes of Hitchen in school assembly should replace all religious education.

Archived