BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Relegation Watch 2009-10 Season

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe we're in a position where we are relying on a very injury prone Dunn for any type of spark. We need to find some creativity and fast...Duff would have helped...I'm a big fan of Aiden Mageady, tuncay would have lifted us in and around the box.

I agree with Duff ,missed a trick there..

Yes. To suggest we should have 14 more points at this stage is ridiculous.

How about you make a list of the points we have that could easily have been lost.

We're 13th, which means we are the 13th best team in the league. I agree with that.

we are in the ###### like it or lump it....FACT

we are in the ###### like it or lump it....FACT

Fact? I'm sorry, but I think you're stupid. I've suggested we are about the 13th best team in the league.

Everything points to me being about right.

For you to suggest we are 'in the ######' is just as OTT and pathetic as the usual s*** you post.

I think you need to accept other members views Shillito fella. We all have one thing in common and it The Rovers, how we see it is a different thing.

As for Abbey being stupid, well he is a lot of things but stupid isnt one of them (unless of course you class trying to pee into a plastic bottle in the back of a tranny van doing 40mph over the hills full of snow on the way to Forest).

He doesn't give views. Just ludicrous statements. What basis does Abbey give for Allardyce 'not having a clue?'

Non, just comments like 'fat sam is under cover agent loves notlob killing our club' nonsense.

A balanced argument would be fine, but he has a career record at a number of clubs over a couple of decades which all point towards him 'having a clue.'

Maybe he could have done better this season, however, as proven under Souness (end of reign) and Ince, he could have done a lot worse.

Fact? I'm sorry, but I think you're stupid. I've suggested we are about the 13th best team in the league.

Everything points to me being about right.

For you to suggest we are 'in the ######' is just as OTT and pathetic as the usual s*** you post.

3 points off the drop zone is " in the ######!"........what about 3 or 4th worst??

and as for me posting ###### ,you just post stuff to wind others up and to say look at me im the font of all knowledge a la hughsie.

He doesn't give views. Just ludicrous statements. What basis does Abbey give for Allardyce 'not having a clue?'...LOOK AT WHAT TACTICS HE BELIEVES IN...WENT OUT WITH JOHN BECK

Non, just comments like 'fat sam is under cover agent loves notlob killing our club' nonsense.....HE IS KILLING OUR CLUB AND YOU CANNOT TELL ME HES MORE A ROVER THAN A PIGGIE.

A balanced argument would be fine, but he has a career record at a number of clubs over a couple of decades which all point towards him 'having a clue.'.....ASK GEORDIES

Maybe he could have done better this season, however, as proven under Souness (end of reign) and Ince, he could have done a lot worse....SOEY IS A ROVERS LEGEND

I think you need to accept other members views Shillito fella. We all have one thing in common and it The Rovers, how we see it is a different thing.

As for Abbey being stupid, well he is a lot of things but stupid isnt one of them (unless of course you class trying to pee into a plastic bottle in the back of a tranny van doing 40mph over the hills full of snow on the way to Forest).

13 MILES OF BUMPS..I DO DEFEND

'Font of all knowledge?'

I have absolutely no knowledge about what goes on day to day at our football club. However, from all the things I hear the camp seems as harmonious as most others in the league, and the results/performances have been good at home and poor away.

Good enough to keep us in the league, but can be better. Overall, OKAY.

''Killing our club?'' Ridiculous. Especially considering how we are in a healthier position than when he took over.

Basically your campaign is personal. And I find that pathetic.

Ask the Geordies? The ones who went from being 11th with him in charge to relegated without him?

Tactics went out with John Beck? Well they've got Bolton into europe two or three times since then.

Also noticed you ignored the brackets after Souness' name was mentioned.

I'm not going to dignify your other point with a response.

'Font of all knowledge?'

I have absolutely no knowledge about what goes on day to day at our football club. However, from all the things I hear the camp seems as harmonious as most others in the league, and the results/performances have been good at home and poor away.

Good enough to keep us in the league, but can be better. Overall, OKAY.

''Killing our club?'' Ridiculous. Especially considering how we are in a healthier position than when he took over.

Basically your campaign is personal. And I find that pathetic.

Ask the Geordies? The ones who went from being 11th with him in charge to relegated without him?

Tactics went out with John Beck? Well they've got Bolton into europe two or three times since then.

Also noticed you ignored the brackets after Souness' name was mentioned.

I'm not going to dignify your other point with a response.

sorry mate but chill out. everyone has a different opinion on every single matter in life, the key is to accept they see things differently from you (and im not saying its in a good way or in a bad way) even if you dint like their wording.

i for one dont see us going down, we have enough 'talent' to keep us in the club even if the manager at times doesnt know how to use said 'talent'

sorry mate but chill out. everyone has a different opinion on every single matter in life, the key is to accept they see things differently from you (and im not saying its in a good way or in a bad way) even if you dint like their wording.

i for one dont see us going down, we have enough 'talent' to keep us in the club even if the manager at times doesnt know how to use said 'talent'

Daz i have absolutely no problem with somebody having a different opinion to me, I just can't respect any form of argument that doesn't present itself with any form of coherent points to form an argument.

Abbeys views tend to be based on Allardyce being an 'uncover agent for Bolton,' and Allardyce 'killing our club' despite us being in a much healthier position than when he took over 12 months ago with our best average attendance in over a decade.

There are various other statements I consider to be either massively unfair or just childish slurs and if other people think I'm being unfair in my responses I appreciate the opinions. However, I think at the very least I am able to justify them with a readable response with balanced opinions on why I have suggested something, even if people disagree.

I don't think certain members do.

cough, err yes...

Really looking like a relegation lottery with 7 points covering the bottom 11 and Notlob in 18th having two games in hand.

With the January window almost upon us and WHam and Pompey not having sorted out their money troubles, I think they are probably carrying too much baggage to survive but they now have good enough managements to get out of trouble. But the reality is that any club from 11 to 20 which goes on a horrible run of 5 consecutive defeats or 8 games without a win (plucking a couple of numbers out of the air) is going to be staring relegation full in the face. And any of the bottom 11 is as capable of having a catastrophic run like that as putting a run of three wins together which would transform their season for the better.

This is also shaping up to be the first season for a while where 40 really will be the magic number and not something in the mid-30s.

Sorry Billy, but we have really got to do the biz in terms of collecting points now. Our end of season is a stinker- three of our last 4 home games see Big 4 clubs at Ewood and our last two fixtures could involve the scrap for the title/4th CL place:

Saturday, 27 February 2010

Barclays Premier League

Liverpool v Blackburn, 15:00

Saturday, 6 March 2010

Barclays Premier League

Blackburn v Birmingham, 15:00

Saturday, 13 March 2010

Barclays Premier League

Tottenham v Blackburn, 15:00

Saturday, 20 March 2010

Barclays Premier League

Blackburn v Chelsea, 15:00

Saturday, 27 March 2010

Barclays Premier League

Burnley v Blackburn, 15:00

Saturday, 3 April 2010

Barclays Premier League

Portsmouth v Blackburn, 15:00

Saturday, 10 April 2010

Barclays Premier League

Blackburn v Man Utd, 15:00

Saturday, 17 April 2010

Barclays Premier League

Blackburn v Everton, 15:00

Saturday, 24 April 2010

Barclays Premier League

Wolverhampton v Blackburn, 15:00

Saturday, 1 May 2010

Barclays Premier League

Blackburn v Arsenal, 15:00

Sunday, 9 May 2010

Barclays Premier League

Aston Villa v Blackburn, 15:00

Those Everton and Wolves games could be MASSIVE.

Really? We just need the three points there? I can relax then.

:wstu:

Lose that game and confidence will be low, it will give our relegation rivals added incentive and it is one of a few very winnable games.

Win and it is likely this will provide the boost to go on a good run. Don't underestimate the importance of derby games on confidence etc; the players know.

Plus I despise Burnley and losing isn't an option.

The next two games are massive, absolute must win games.

Lose these two winnable games and all the excuses go out the window we can only deal with the facts.

Hope they're not Rafa type facts!

Thing is I'm not too worried about relegation, which of itself is worrying. I feel complacency could be even more dangerous then usual this year. However, I definately think that Wolves, Burnley, Hull, Pompey and Bolton are in worse situations than ourselves at the mo, in terms of squad/managers/performances etc, not just in terms of points as there is a fair way still to go.

Was not really worried about relegation, but we have some big games coming up (in terms of games which we need to pick up points). The pressure factor is slowly returning.

Also with the semi-final matches in January, and looking at our fixtures, hope we can remain focused.

withstupid.gif

Lose that game and confidence will be low, it will give our relegation rivals added incentive and it is one of a few very winnable games.

Win and it is likely this will provide the boost to go on a good run. Don't underestimate the importance of derby games on confidence etc; the players know.

Plus I despise Burnley and losing isn't an option.

and you think confidence will be high after possibly having lost away at Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea? I can't see any reason why winnin g at Burnley should have the impact you describe on the side. We have nine winnable PL fixtures before we play Liverpool on February 27 - we need to take 15-16 points from those games. Including Liverpool we then have four very losable games before playing Burnley. So as it stands now I'll take six points over Christmas ahead of beating Burnley at Turf Moor.

After losing at WHam and with a transfer ban and the ANC starting, Pompey look doomed. Not least because only one club bottom of the Prem on Boxing Day night has survived apparently- so that is a 1 in 16 chance...

As for the rest, it is ridiculously tight from 10th to 19th. We actually went up one place with that draw yesterday.

If Rovers are less than 6 points ahead of 18th on 27 February before the Liverpool game, I will be seriously worried. 9 points ahead and we should be OK.

Any from Sunderland, down to Pompey, can go down from what is obvious. There is nothing in it this season and it will go down to the wire.

Every point earned this season is possibly worth more in relative terms compared to seasons gone by.

Interesting fact that 8 teams in the league have won 1 game or less away from home this season.

Archived