BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Relegation Watch 2009-10 Season

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think we will get relegated this season, because there are so many bad teams: Wolves, Hull, Pompey, Bolton, Burnley, West Ham.

The one thing that scares the hell out of me though is that they are fighting to stay in the top division while we are looking like a bunch of knitting 80 year olds.

My dad has stuck a fiver on us to go down at 13/2 with Coral. He said: 'If we're going to F*** it up, I might as well get something out of it.' Kinda inclined to agree. Might do the same myself if it gets much worse.

Yeah, that £37.50 will really be of great consolation.

P.S. If you're going to bet on us getting relegated to profit from it then I suggest doing it when the odds are alright, not "if it gets much worse", as you'll probably make about a tenner.

betting against the team we support? well i suppose i will never understand how some minds work. i could never do that.

my mate once put a fiver on pompey to win 1-0 here and kanu to score. the result happened and he won, tried to buy me a pint and i told him where to shove his DIRTY money!

betting against rovers ? come on ffs

betting against the team we support? well i suppose i will never understand how some minds work. i could never do that.

my mate once put a fiver on pompey to win 1-0 here and kanu to score. the result happened and he won, tried to buy me a pint and i told him where to shove his DIRTY money!

betting against rovers ? come on ffs

Not because I think it will happen. It's just what appears the most likely option. I'm actually going to wait until after the Fulham game, give Sam a chance to turn it around first.

Not because I think it will happen. It's just what appears the most likely option. I'm actually going to wait until after the Fulham game, give Sam a chance to turn it around first.

please, you should never bet against your own team, you shouldnt even bet for them.

I could understand having a hedging 20 on us to be relegated at the start of the season - on the basis that that should cover the cost of a season ticket in the Championship - if the worst came to the worst.

Can't see that getting thirty odd quid back would be much consolation though.

Can you bet on a group of three teams to go down anywhere?

IF I was betting on it (which I'm not) I'd say the Dingles us and Pompey look in the worst shape currently.

Ok crucial stage of the season – and the next 7 games will go along way to shape the league and decide who is down in the bottom 4 or 5 and who is up around 9th or 10th.

rivals.gif

Pompey – Next 3 home games are crucial, as you wouldn’t expect them to get much away from home

Bolton – 4 big local games out of the next 6 – Burnley, Wigan, City & Rovers (The last 3 being all away in a row)….shown improvements under Coyle so could pull clear.

Hull – Not a very nice run of game at all – Massive game against Wolves at home next week. 3 games against top 5 teams & 2 very tricky away games.

Wolves – 3 very tough home games & 3 very tricky away games…..It could either be excellent or awful for them!

West Ham – 6 games, 5 against 12th or lower & 4 home games in the 6. Big stage for them & probably the best run of games out of the strugglers! Crucial they pick up points.

Burnley – Can they fix their away form? If not in deep trouble…5 games, 4 are away & very difficult places to go!

Wigan – Could pick up points in any of their 6 games…should pull abit further clear of the bottom 3.

Sunderland – Tricky away games, key that they win their home games to stay safe. Lose Bent to injury and they could be in trouble!

Blackburn – Again key we win our home games…5 games, all games were we need to target at least 1 point from our away games & 3 at home. 3 wins & 2 draws would put us on 35pts with 11 games to go....

Stoke – Poor away from home – 2 home games, win them to stay clear of trouble. They could also need to start scoring away from home.

Everton – Tough run – next 2 games are crucial to their season – fail to win them and they could get pulled back into the mix – although to be fair they should have enough quality to be fine.

Fulham – If they can keep up their home form then 3 very winnable home games. Should be fine. They have however 2 of their better players out injured in Dempsey & Zamora!

Birmingham – 2 tricky games coming up – important that they keep going to not waste their great run or a blip could see them drop to around 13th-14th.

Ok crucial stage of the season – and the next 7 games will go along way to shape the league and decide who is down in the bottom 4 or 5 and who is up around 9th or 10th.

rivals.gif

Suprised this didnt raise some more interest & conversation.....

I'd edging towards Pompey, Burnley and Wolves to go down currentley. Hopefully we can get some crucial points on the board in the next few games and based on your graphic Hughesy our next five games are all very winnable if we play anything like we did against Villa.

Suprised this didnt raise some more interest & conversation.....

laugh.giflaugh.gif

Its exactly as I said it would be.....I know exactly what Sam's targets are...based on a conversation he had with a player - and overheard by someone.

Not far off what I expected so far in terms of where we are picking up our points. Picking up the majority of points around those teams we need to beat...getting some decent bonus points and now have taken a point off one of the big boys + dumped one of them out of the cup.

The season is looking as planned and as time goes on I think we should just cement our position even more as our team is now beginning to look more settled and has gelled.

Start of the season I said Burnley, Portsmouth and Hull to go down. Wish I'd put money on it now...

What odds would you get for it now?

Pompey are 4 a drift of anyone and just seem riddled with problems.

Hull & Burnley have a bad run of games which could see them low on confidence with a bit of luck!

The win at Fulham was vital. It means that we go into a run of games against those around us a five point cushion from the relegation zone and after an up-turn in performances. A win against Wigan and we're playing Premier League football next season IMO.

:rover: said before the foolham game we needed 10pts from our next 4 home games,we are on our way,play like we did at villa with 11 men i do not see a problem.if we don't get these points now we are back in the mire,i can only see 3pts max from our last 4 home games,btw hughsey does your boss know what you do at work :blink::brfcsmilie:

:rover: said before the foolham game we needed 10pts from our next 4 home games,we are on our way,play like we did at villa with 11 men i do not see a problem.if we don't get these points now we are back in the mire,i can only see 3pts max from our last 4 home games,btw hughsey does your boss know what you do at work :blink::brfcsmilie:

Is Hughesy's boss John Williams?

Archived