BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Reserves

I am so glad that the posters on this site have no effect on our club.

I've not seen the guy play so I have no idea how good he is, but just look at the situation sensibly before making your judgements.

He might not work out but there is no way of knowing that yet. He is thousands of miles away from home, playing a new type of football with people who don't speak the same language as him, in a completely different climate, on completely different pitches etc etc...

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am so glad that the posters on this site have no effect on our club.

I've not seen the guy play so I have no idea how good he is, but just look at the situation sensibly before making your judgements.

He might not work out but there is no way of knowing that yet. He is thousands of miles away from home, playing a new type of football with people who don't speak the same language as him, in a completely different climate, on completely different pitches etc etc...

I can accept some of your arguments here but here is one fact, Formica arrived and showed lots of technical ability, the coaching staff began to work on him and get him up to speed, worryingly though he has not pushed on at all, in fact the staff are wondering if he can push on further as he is virtually as he was when he arrived!!

On that, Kamy, could you - or anyone else - shed any light on what kind of help these players get when they arrive? Learning the language, showing him around errr.. Blackburn, that kind of thing?

Rovers are one of the best clubs at looking after new signings, particularly players who come from abroad. A new player arriving will be very looked after, the club help the player find a house, organise English classes etc. Pretty much every aspect will be looked after. To be fair I think pretty much all Premier League clubs have similar support networks for new players, in the end buying a player is a investment for any club, so they tend to do everything to try and make the player feel comfortable and ensure that they can focus on the football side of things.

JAL - considering you similarly totally wrote off Hoilett last year and he has now turned into a outstanding talent, perhaps you could have learnt some of the value of patience.

Yes, I am guilty of the right here right now and coming to the conclusion at that moment in time. But he was poor then though. It was after watching a reserve game against Bolton, I suggested that he could have a future playing under big Sam which I posted at that time.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Wen Y Hu

The Reserves are at Old Trafford tonight playing Manchester United in the Northern Reserve League play-off. If anyone going to the match fancies doing a match report - no matter how brief - say so here, please. Then send it in to news@brfcs.com and we'll do the rest.

• Backroom

If we stay up I think rochina will be a real player for us next season, is Formica looking as bad as people have made out?

Archived