BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Reserves

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That picture sums up the misgivings of 85% of this board.

Am I the only one who rated him as a valuable player for rovers?

Sam wanted to keep him/extend the loan, and carlos did manage to both score a few times and give assists a few times in the PL.

Rochina and Mame Diouf looking good for the reserves according to Cryer.

I don't understand why Diouf has not been more involved recently - our attack options are pretty limited plus he can make things happen even though he is erratic. Also played very well when Kean first took over, seems an odd one why he has not played more....

• Backroom

I know its only the reserves but Rochina sounds impressive every time he plays, obviously via text updates you don't see a lot but his game seems to be littered with creativity and goals.

Surely worth 15 minutes as an unknown quantity.

Edit

CryerRovers Andrew Cryer

I just feel like saying 'ole' every time Ruben gets ball. His touch and trickery is sublime

Sounds good

Rochina and Mame Diouf looking good for the reserves according to Cryer.

I don't understand why Diouf has not been more involved recently - our attack options are pretty limited plus he can make things happen even though he is erratic. Also played very well when Kean first took over, seems an odd one why he has not played more....

I would agree with what you say about MD. I thought he should have come on for Hoilett on saturday. we shpould have gone 4-3-3 and try to get MD in behind the defence.

I think Rochina would played better just in behind 1 striker in the Bergkamp role.

Rochina sounds like a possible gem, but as several people has mentioned, it's a torrid time for anyone unproven at the moment. IF Hoilett fails to recover though, maybe we can afford playing him in a role behind RSC.

How good would a win against Everton be, not only to clear the relegation danger, but also to allow people like Rochina playing time in the last few games.

I'm glad we're not playing Liverpool anymore this season.

Just got back from the Reserves match and have to say that I am very impressed with Rochina. This boy looks like a very player, he played behind Mame and was superb, his movement and creativity was excellent. You can tell he has been schooled at Barcelona, his first touch is superb and playing with better players he could be a major asset. I was very impressed with his movement, he made some very clever runs, was full of confidence. I would certainly give him a go against Everton (possibly as a sub).

Formica struggled, you can see that he was really trying but nothing really came off for him. I wouldn't write off though, clear that he is short of football, maybe he needs a proper pre--season and it would be better to judge him next season. He to showed some flashes of the ability that he has but not ready to be involved with the first team yet.

i heard very bright things prior to the game tonight that Ramm was an outstanding prospect. Id give him a run next season even if we stay up or go down. Cryer mentioned him to twitter saying he looked good

Ramm will make it unless the muppet plays Anderson Junior before him, I saw Ram last year and he is almost there, if we were in a safe position now he would play!!

Just got back from the Reserves match and have to say that I am very impressed with Rochina. This boy looks like a very player, he played behind Mame and was superb, his movement and creativity reminded was excellent. You can tell he has been schooled at Barcelona, his first touch is superb and playing with better players he could be a major asset. I was very impressed with the with his movement, he made some very clever runs, was full of confidence. I would certainly give him a go against Everton (possibly as a sub).

Formica struggled, you can see that he was really trying but nothing really came off for him. I wouldn't write off though, clear that he is short of football, maybe he needs a proper pre--season and it would be better to judge him next season. He to showed some flashes of the ability that he has but not ready to be involved with the first team yet.

My mate in Barcelona says Rochine is a FOOTBALLER, good brain and excellent touch can obviously find the net too!!

If we use him we must give him time to get into the game, 5 to 10 minutes nowhere near enough!!

• Backroom

Well its now or never, at least for Rochina. Him and Roque can work I believe.

Robbo

Salgado Nelsen Samba Givet

P Jones

Hoilett J Jones Olsson

Rochina

Santa Cruz

No, it's not.

I hope he get's a chance but only when he's ready.

It was an excellent game at Leigh tonight with Rochina being outstanding for the Reserves. A draw was probably a fair result, although at 3-1 it looked as if the Rovers would clinch the group. We now have to wait to see what Liverpool do - I think they have three games left and need seven points to get level.

I must say that Newcastle were very impressive. Coached by Peter Beardsley, they played some quick incisive football that typified the style of play of their coach when he was playing. Certainly they were the most impressive Reserve side I've seen this season.

I thought Rochina really looked the part tonight and surely he deserves a starting place on Saturday. He would be ideal to play behind the striker because, like Dunny, he is a natural footballer, has excellent control, a decent shot and always wants to be involved in the game. However, he has a bit of pace about him which, sadly, Dunny doesn't have anymore. He has improved with each outing for the Reserves and I believe could make a contribution in the final League matches. We badly need some creativity and someone who can finish and Rochina is capable of both.

Jake Kean also caught the eye tonight with a string of fine saves. He couldn't really be blamed for any of the goals and kept the Rovers in the game at times with some brilliant goalkeeping. This lad looks a real prospect and it's hard to believe that Derby gave him away while they are now looking to pay money to take Frankie Fielding from us. There is no doubt about it that we will have got the better of that deal. Kean has looked impressive from the moment he joined the club and has continued to improve over the past twelve months.

Mame Biram Diouf continues to be something of an enigma. He has pace to burn but his finishing is woeful at times. Twice he broke free with excellent one-on-one opportunities with the 'keeper and twice he squandered the chances. If he could finish the lad would be an excellent player. Then again, if he could finish United won't allow him out on loan.

Once again I was far from impressed with Formica. Tonight he was tried on the right wing before moving into the centre of midfield after Rochina was withdrawn. While there is no denying he has decent touches at times, the game seems to pass him by. I'm not convinced he could cope with the pace and power of English football - certainly not this season. With a pre-season under his belt he may be better but at the moment he looks a long way off being a Premier League player.

It was an excellent game at Leigh tonight with Rochina being outstanding for the Reserves. A draw was probably a fair result, although at 3-1 it looked as if the Rovers would clinch the group. We now have to wait to see what Liverpool do - I think they have three games left and need seven points to get level.

I must say that Newcastle were very impressive. Coached by Peter Beardsley, they played some quick incisive football that typified the style of play of their coach when he was playing. Certainly they were the most impressive Reserve side I've seen this season.

I thought Rochina really looked the part tonight and surely he deserves a starting place on Saturday. He would be ideal to play behind the striker because, like Dunny, he is a natural footballer, has excellent control, a decent shot and always wants to be involved in the game. However, he has a bit of pace about him which, sadly, Dunny doesn't have anymore. He has improved with each outing for the Reserves and I believe could make a contribution in the final League matches. We badly need some creativity and someone who can finish and Rochina is capable of both.

Jake Kean also caught the eye tonight with a string of fine saves. He couldn't really be blamed for any of the goals and kept the Rovers in the game at times with some brilliant goalkeeping. This lad looks a real prospect and it's hard to believe that Derby gave him away while they are now looking to pay money to take Frankie Fielding from us. There is no doubt about it that we will have got the better of that deal. Kean has looked impressive from the moment he joined the club and has continued to improve over the past twelve months.

Mame Biram Diouf continues to be something of an enigma. He has pace to burn but his finishing is woeful at times. Twice he broke free with excellent one-on-one opportunities with the 'keeper and twice he squandered the chances. If he could finish the lad would be an excellent player. Then again, if he could finish United won't allow him out on loan.

Once again I was far from impressed with Formica. Tonight he was tried on the right wing before moving into the centre of midfield after Rochina was withdrawn. While there is no denying he has decent touches at times, the game seems to pass him by. I'm not convinced he could cope with the pace and power of English football - certainly not this season. With a pre-season under his belt he may be better but at the moment he looks a long way off being a Premier League player.

Thanks PB.

Rochina - scored a few for the reserves now. I'm not one for playing kids, especially in the midst of a relegation fight, but must be worth 10-15 mins in the next couple of games as 2nd striker.

Thanks PB.

Rochina - scored a few for the reserves now. I'm not one for playing kids, especially in the midst of a relegation fight, but must be worth 10-15 mins in the next couple of games as 2nd striker.

Just start him, he can't do worse than Roberts, Benjani or Dunn have.

Just start him, he can't do worse than Roberts, Benjani or Dunn have.

I agree, the current strike force don't look like doing much and we desperately need goals and creativity. I remember Jon Stead coming in and his goals saving us, maybe this lad can do something similar. It's got to worth a gamble, since Roberts and Benjani could have played all day and night and wouldn't have scored at the weekend.

It's mind blowing that we paid only £500k for Rochina and he's doing the business, then we paid £3 million for Formica and he's so far been crap.

Perhaps he does need a decent pre-season under his belt. I think it's more likely he's not happy being away from Argentina.

Look at Dzeko, Torres etc big money players signed in January who have flopped so far, Formica needs a pre season, he is very talented but will take time to adjust to the country as well as the pl.

It's mind blowing that we paid only £500k for Rochina and he's doing the business, then we paid £3 million for Formica and he's so far been crap.

Perhaps he does need a decent pre-season under his belt. I think it's more likely he's not happy being away from Argentina.

Happens all the time. Most of our best players we signed for peanuts - Tugay, Freidal, Bentley, Neill, Nelsen, Samba... Most of the expensive ones turn out to be poor or average - Grella, Grabbi, Kalinic. Ferguson.

Archived