BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Reserves

Today H/T 2-0 up against spammers.

Hernandez playing, no Rochina, or Formica, wonder if they are on a bit of R&R, don't know if Rochina is away with Spain U21's

Very young side. Josh Morris captain.

ROVERS: Kean, Ramm, Henley, Fernandez, Pearson, Parry, Evans, Knowles, Hitchcock, Maclaren, Morris ©.

Subs: Wylie, Dilo, Osawe, Edwards, Hanley.

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today H/T 2-0 up against spammers.

Hernandez playing, no Rochina, or Formica, wonder if they are on a bit of R&R, don't know if Rochina is away with Spain U21's

Very young side. Josh Morris captain.

ROVERS: Kean, Ramm, Henley, Fernandez, Pearson, Parry, Evans, Knowles, Hitchcock, Maclaren, Morris ©.

Subs: Wylie, Dilo, Osawe, Edwards, Hanley.

Wheres the game at?

In the end it turned out to be a convincing win over West Ham at the training ground today. However, at one point, once West Ham had pulled a goal back the game could have gone either way. Both sides put out very young teams as seems to have become the norm over the past few years in Reserve football. Once again, Matty Pearson was excellent in the centre of defence. Micah Evans worked hard down the flanks but, in truth, it was a game in which few individuals actually stood out. With a couple of games remaining, the Rovers are in with an excellent chance of winning the Northern section of the Reserve League.

In the end it turned out to be a convincing win over West Ham at the training ground today. However, at one point, once West Ham had pulled a goal back the game could have gone either way. Both sides put out very young teams as seems to have become the norm over the past few years in Reserve football. Once again, Matty Pearson was excellent in the centre of defence. Micah Evans worked hard down the flanks but, in truth, it was a game in which few individuals actually stood out. With a couple of games remaining, the Rovers are in with an excellent chance of winning the Northern section of the Reserve League.

Thoughts on Hernandez?

Thoughts on Hernandez?

He's played the last couple of Under-18 games at centre-half and looks far more comfortable in that position rather than as a holding midfield player. The lad certainly has ability, is comfortable on the ball and uses it well from the back. When playing in defence he seems to get a little more time and is able to dictate the play more. One would hope that he will become a regular with the Reserves next season and in twelve months time or so will hopefully be pushing for a place in the first team squad.

Where can I see the league table for the reserves?

I Googled the reserve league north, found the results and fixtures but the only table available was the proper Prem table.

How good is the young lad who came on and scored Parsonblue? Heard good things about him

I think Osawe has improved in recent weeks. He's big, strong and pretty direct. Good in the air, a fair amount of pace but still raw. However, he does go for goal and can finish. Whether he makes it or not is another matter, but the lad has all the right attributes for a classic centre-forward and it will be interesting to view his progress with the Reserves next season.

Reserve league North

The league doesn't make much sense to me. We're top of something though by the looks of it!

At the moment, with two games to go, we are top of the Northern Section. Sunderland are five points behind with a game in hand. If we win the section we play the winner of the Southern Section - seems to be between Arsenal and Chelsea - in a two legged final (at least I think it's over two legs). Ironically, we play Chelsea away next in our final away game of the season.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone actually seen Formica? Does he actually exist?

On a related note - we had £9.5m worth of talent that couldn't even make our bench on Saturday. Pretty sure that's more than the entire starting XI was purchased for. Is it any wonder we're in the mire?

Has anyone actually seen Formica? Does he actually exist?

On a related note - we had £9.5m worth of talent that couldn't even make our bench on Saturday. Pretty sure that's more than the entire starting XI was purchased for. Is it any wonder we're in the mire?

He exists. I've seen him play - not quite sure if that's the right word for his performance against Everton Reserves a few weeks ago. Anyway, I'll be a Leigh tonight and hopefully he will demonstrate that the last performance was just an off night and he'll brilliant tonight and go straight into the team on Saturday, notch a hat-trick and lead us to survival. Well I can dream!

He exists. I've seen him play - not quite sure if that's the right word for his performance against Everton Reserves a few weeks ago. Anyway, I'll be a Leigh tonight and hopefully he will demonstrate that the last performance was just an off night and he'll brilliant tonight and go straight into the team on Saturday, notch a hat-trick and lead us to survival. Well I can dream!

Since Everton reserves and first team seem to be pretty much one and the same thing because of injuries it probably wouldn't be a good idea to play him Saturday

What was wrong? Too small? Too slow? Not nearly as skillful as advertised?

Archived