BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Reserves

Formica looks bright tonight gave the ball away trying to do too much, But looks the best passer in the squad.

Formica is looking fairly lively, is that Ramm at right back?

no he is on the bench though

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think Formica is ready for 90 minutes, but for a final 30 he would be fine from what I'm seeing. Of course this is against a reserve United team, so it's hard to tell just how competent he is.

He's done some neat tricks to get out of some tight spaces and has that assured movement and calmness on the ball that clearly has come from playing competitively in his native country.

Lowe has had a solid second half, getting stuck into some well timed tackles.

• Backroom

Why do we have to play the northern final away and the national final away?

Well done boys though, excited about Rochina, hope he stays if we go down.

Some said Formica could not trap a ball! Glad to see he is getting better :)

No one said he could not trap a ball, lots of skill and ability but severely lacks strength, if he gets that, we have a winner.

Those who had seen him before tonight, did he look any better/more built/fit? I thought he done alright, was knackered at the end though.

He has got ability on the ball and in all honesty looked a little stronger tonight, the boy can play, no question about that, can we get him to Prem level, thats the point in question, Rochina most definately yes, hope His injury is not serious!

No one said he could not trap a ball, lots of skill and ability but severely lacks strength, if he gets that, we have a winner.

I do recall someone watching Formica and stating he could not trap a ball- JAL then picked up on it and used this to say he was a waste of money

Why do we have to play the northern final away and the national final away?

It's based on the records of both clubs over the course of the season. The system, which was introduced this season, is not the best. The bottom team in the other Northern Group, Bolton Wanderers, had 27 points. The Rovers, who topped their group, had 26 points. United, who topped their group, had 35 points. The Rovers, in beating United are now Northern Champions and yet every team in the other group won more points, over the course of the season, than the Rovers. Only the Premier League could come up with a system as daft as this. Apparently the whole Reserve structure is going to be revamped for next season.

I do recall someone watching Formica and stating he could not trap a ball- JAL then picked up on it and used this to say he was a waste of money

Not being able to trap a ball isn't a barrier to being able to play for Rovers :D

I'd get bored of typing before I could list them all out!!

Archived