BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley Away

after the past four affairs have been excellently policed the dingles seem intent on this time not being the same as they put their fans in with us! a line of police and plastic mesh will not stop trouble. Anyone who has been to turf moor will be no doubt concerned at the lack of segregation opportunities underneath and in the stand, not to mentoon th ease those wooden seats seperate from their holder, so easily I accidently did it last time as when I stood up I put the seat back and put my foot on it and down it went. There you go ready made full of nails missiles!!!

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
after the past four affairs have been excellently policed the dingles seem intent on this time not being the same as they put their fans in with us! a line of police and plastic mesh will not stop trouble. Anyone who has been to turf moor will be no doubt concerned at the lack of segregation opportunities underneath and in the stand, not to mentoon th ease those wooden seats seperate from their holder, so easily I accidently did it last time as when I stood up I put the seat back and put my foot on it and down it went. There you go ready made full of nails missiles!!!

Where's your news about this coming from?

Where's your news about this coming from?

Burnley have sold 1,500 season tickets in this end for every game and don't have 1,500 spare seats to move them to other parts of the ground. Add to this that burnley club officials have been moved this year to the little boxed off area amongst the away fans.

Should make for a cracking atmosphere that, it’s what footballs all about for goodness sake.

I'd much rather be in close proximity to the oposition fans, than be sat in some sterile bowl like the Riverside miles away from anyone and anything.

We should do the same in the Darwen end for the burnley game.

Yes but they will have to change things for our match surly. There is no evidence so far to suggest they wont.

ok your a season ticket holder and they tell you you cant go to the biggest game of the season even though you have bought a season ticket because the club didn't plan it well enough and has no where to put you in the ground because they've sold all the other seats.

ok your a season ticket holder and they tell you you cant go to the biggest game of the season even though you have bought a season ticket because the club didn't plan it well enough and has no where to put you in the ground because they've sold all the other seats.

You make a good point there but I still cant see how they can go ahead with it. As someone said the other day they kicked off at a Legends 5 a side match for crying out loud so what will they do at this one

You make a good point there but I still cant see how they can go ahead with it. As someone said the other day they kicked off at a Legends 5 a side match for crying out loud so what will they do at this one

exactly the problem, it's a big one and just remind me when the turd got the go ahead from the pl? I believe it was end of may early June and there was still 1m worth of upgrades needed and in July they announced these tickets, the pl okayed that have they?? The police?? Rovers weren't allowed by police to have burnley and rovers mixing at the turnstiles and in the ground, but they are? I really just think they've acted without thinking it through!!

Cant see it. Clubs have to leave a percentage to match day sales - those empty seats will probably be taken up by those fans moved from the away end.

IF not, then its time for a big kick off or two in the league. Especially when we go there, and United & Stoke.

Premier league rules state that a number of tickets have to be available match by match depending on the club in question's capacity, in Burnleys case this would be around 3000 i think, so the season ticket holders in the Cricket Field stand can easily be moved to other areas if need be, so i really wouldnt worry about it.

But as Gav said, although it would half our allocation there it would make for a cracking atmosphere.

Clubs have to hold 5% of tickets for match day sales - excluding the away allocation of 10%.

Therefore is Burnley go for the minimum away allowance of 2300 this means about 1050 available on matchday (give or take the shouting).

The season tickets in there have already been sold. There's no suggestion of anyone being moved, it'll be a segregated stand.

I wouldn't be such drama queens about it, for all the excitable comments and hyperbole on messageboards the last four games have seen almost no trouble at the grounds themselves, bar the gloved pitch invader.

For once and no doubt the last time, I'm with Gav here. It'll make for a tremendous 'old-school' atmosphere and should be enjoyed.

Old school atmosphere, with old school trouble without any doubt.

There has been little trouble due to the lock down on away fans, if they put is with them, then it will kick off! Tickets will be like gold dust too!!

Old school atmosphere, with old school trouble without any doubt.

There has been little trouble due to the lock down on away fans, if they put is with them, then it will kick off!

I don't think so.

Every fan in that stand will be a season ticket holder of either club, so has managed to get this far not being banned or locked up. Now I'll want us to win this home game more than any other but that won't suddenly make me attack someone or throw a missile. Most people will behave the way they always do.

You'll get an increase in the number of people in expensive jackets with their hoods up and lots of comical hooligan-lite gesturing but there won't be any trouble. Outside the ground the police will have it all under control as usual.

Just enjoy the day, it's a 'must see' for anyone who didn't go to footy before 1992 and will be a great reminder for everyone else.

I don't think so.

Every fan in that stand will be a season ticket holder of either club, so has managed to get this far not being banned or locked up. Now I'll want us to win this home game more than any other but that won't suddenly make me attack someone or throw a missile. Most people will behave the way they always do.

You'll get an increase in the number of people in expensive jackets with their hoods up and lots of comical hooligan-lite gesturing but there won't be any trouble. Outside the ground the police will have it all under control as usual.

Just enjoy the day, it's a 'must see' for anyone who didn't go to footy before 1992 and will be a great reminder for everyone else.

Think your wrong Sam, it will be a 'must be in there' for the nutters of both, and when they want to, they will be in there.

Aggro isn't the worry, it's getting a bl00dy ticket, that's the worry.

It's going to be a long night stood in a queue waiting for the TO to open :o

It sure is! Il be in that too! Hope Blues bar gets a special licence for the night :P

Will be a quality atmosphere.

The potential for trouble IN the ground isn't great, there'll be a massive police presence, complete with robocop's (remember Sheff Weds at home in the cup semi?), both sets of fans will be filmed for 90 minutes. Anyone would be a fool to start playing up.

We'll be detained for some time after the game too.

It's away from the ground there's more potential for bother, the police foiled a massive mob of Rovers last time round - search youtube for the vid it's there for all to see!

Take a balaclava with you then :P

I seem to recall a burnley fan adopting that very idea, and launching a lump of concrete over the fence into the Rovers fans on the Longside late 80's. It was returned with similar enthusiasm but no balaclava I might add.

Happy days :D

I seem to recall a burnley fan adopting that very idea, and launching a lump of concrete over the fence into the Rovers fans on the Longside late 80's. It was returned with similar enthusiasm but no balaclava I might add.

Happy days :D

Christ we treat the Dingles like they are a band of crack commandos gone bad. There will be the usual set of numpties shouting abuse, its a derby! The likes of which go on around the world year in year out. We get 4000 tickets, great, we get 2000, we just get on with it!

Dont know how half of you would have survived the 70s and 80s without mass pant wetting.

Archived