BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Topic The Final Day

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Before the sun finally sets and someone takes the thread away...a quick breakdown on who did well and badly in the window.

MAN U - great money for Ronaldo, probably right to miss out on Tevez, Valencia will do ok in time...WEAKER

LIVERPOOL - massive loss when Alonso left, Aquilani has a lot to live up to...WEAKER

CHELSEA - no sign of the expensive Russian or the two other low-key signings...JUST THE SAME

ARSENAL - good money for Toure and Adebayor, Vermaelen looks all right but could have done with a striker...JUST THE SAME

EVERTON - great money for Lescott, over-paid for the Russian, Distin and Heitinga, but lack flair...JUST THE SAME

MAN CITY - undoubtedly better but they should be, would fancy them more if they got Terry and Eto'o...MUCH STRONGER

ASTON VILLA - lost the excellent Barry, signed ok in the end...JUST THE SAME

TOTTENHAM - bought well, but missed out on a real keeper and a centre half and may regret it...A BIT STRONGER

SUNDERLAND - good additions in midfield and a goalscorer in attack, overpaid for some and wanted a top centre half at the death...MUCH STRONGER

BOLTON - Klasnic will have to bring goals because nobody else will, steady Premier signings...A BIT STRONGER

FULHAM - will need a bigger squad to cope with a European run...A BIT WEAKER AS A RESULT

WEST HAM - didn't do an awful lot in the end, got rid of the Italian worldie dodge pot Savio...JUST THE SAME

ROVERS - great money for Roque and Warnock, mixed bag of signings, some good, some ok, some untried, weak in midfield...a bit stronger

STOKE - tried for some big names and signed ok in the end...A BIT STRONGER

WIGAN - lost some big players and signed some cheap and cheerful ones...WEAKER

HULL - aimed for the stars and missed, lost their best player and signed some mixed ones...WEAKER

PORTSMOUTH - late flurry saved them from humiliation, but still lost the basis of their side...MUCH MUCH WEAKER

BIRMINGHAM - some odd signings, a lot will depend on Benitez...STRONGER BUT NOT ENOUGH

WOLVES - a lot of new faces and some of them look ordinary, like Zubar and Halford...STRONGER BUT NOT ENOUGH

BURNLEY - Coyley done a big job with the budget he has but may need to re-load in the next window...A BIT STRONGER

That also looks like it might be your prediction for the final Prem league table in May Alan. ;)

That also looks like it might be your prediction for the final Prem league table in May Alan. ;)

Absolutely not...just tagged the promoted teams on the end...and I have managed to avoid all comments about gaps for the past few months too... ;)

Nicko out of interest, what were the real reason Rovers turned Rothen down? And where is Zenden likely to end up? Van Der Meyde, is he likely to be given a pay as you play contract? Just cant understand why we letting him get fit, and then he signs for another team.

Absolutely not...just tagged the promoted teams on the end...and I have managed to avoid all comments about gaps for the past few months too... ;)

Thanks for the input Alan over the summer,hopefully see you in January! :tu:

Meanwhile if you get some tips for next managers etc. would be grateful for the heads-up... ;)

Now its all done I can have my say :P

All in all not bad window for rovers expect for one BIG ? midfield, how can we have sold so many players , made some much money, yet still have no money for a midfield player.

before anyone says times are hard etc, lets take stoke, a club like ours, if they can find the money then why in the world cannnot we. I was talking to a client who is a Bolton fan and he could not belive that we were short of money after all the players we have sold.

My answer was that we must be keeping some back to make the books like good.

No wonder Sam look a bit down, still we have who we have, but the middle of midfield needs to start to boss games and the fowards needs to take there chances.

However most of all the players need to stay fit.

thanks for all the input nicko and everyone else :D

Nicko out of interest, what were the real reason Rovers turned Rothen down? And where is Zenden likely to end up? Van Der Meyde, is he likely to be given a pay as you play contract? Just cant understand why we letting him get fit, and then he signs for another team.

Rothen's test was not the best...so you can't argue with that.

Zenden may get a home, but will have to trial first.

Van der Meyde is the same.

Add to that list freebies like Lucas Neill, Ronald Raldes, Fabrice Pancrate and a few more and there will be a bit of action still to come.

And loads in the lower divisions.

Interesting line overlooked today...Benjani on loan very shortly to a club outside the Premier...when he is fit.

I know Coyle's his buddy but that'll mean nowt, nicko's merciless when it comes to having a bet so he'll prob have a few quid on that at the OK Coral. ;)

I have not had a penny on any Burnley games this season...pressure enough without that.

But recent events suggest my Pompey going down bet will still come off.

See what I mean about shambles deadlines?

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,1...5530920,00.html

What a joke.

Arsenal started it last season with Arshavin. UEFA should suspend the players registration until the next window and dock both clubs a few points. I could virtually guarantee that it won't ever happen again.

Arsenal started it last season with Arshavin. UEFA should suspend the players registration until the next window and dock both clubs a few points. I could virtually guarantee that it won't ever happen again.

Add Pandiani to that list...and Benjani - the worst of all.

Joke.

Before the sun finally sets and someone takes the thread away...a quick breakdown on who did well and badly in the window.

MAN U - great money for Ronaldo, probably right to miss out on Tevez, Valencia will do ok in time...WEAKER

LIVERPOOL - massive loss when Alonso left, Aquilani has a lot to live up to...WEAKER

CHELSEA - no sign of the expensive Russian or the two other low-key signings...JUST THE SAME

ARSENAL - good money for Toure and Adebayor, Vermaelen looks all right but could have done with a striker...JUST THE SAME

EVERTON - great money for Lescott, over-paid for the Russian, Distin and Heitinga, but lack flair...JUST THE SAME

MAN CITY - undoubtedly better but they should be, would fancy them more if they got Terry and Eto'o...MUCH STRONGER

ASTON VILLA - lost the excellent Barry, signed ok in the end...JUST THE SAME

TOTTENHAM - bought well, but missed out on a real keeper and a centre half and may regret it...A BIT STRONGER

SUNDERLAND - good additions in midfield and a goalscorer in attack, overpaid for some and wanted a top centre half at the death...MUCH STRONGER

BOLTON - Klasnic will have to bring goals because nobody else will, steady Premier signings...A BIT STRONGER

FULHAM - will need a bigger squad to cope with a European run...A BIT WEAKER AS A RESULT

WEST HAM - didn't do an awful lot in the end, got rid of the Italian worldie dodge pot Savio...JUST THE SAME

ROVERS - great money for Roque and Warnock, mixed bag of signings, some good, some ok, some untried, weak in midfield...a bit stronger

STOKE - tried for some big names and signed ok in the end...A BIT STRONGER

WIGAN - lost some big players and signed some cheap and cheerful ones...WEAKER

HULL - aimed for the stars and missed, lost their best player and signed some mixed ones...WEAKER

PORTSMOUTH - late flurry saved them from humiliation, but still lost the basis of their side...MUCH MUCH WEAKER

BIRMINGHAM - some odd signings, a lot will depend on Benitez...STRONGER BUT NOT ENOUGH

WOLVES - a lot of new faces and some of them look ordinary, like Zubar and Halford...STRONGER BUT NOT ENOUGH

BURNLEY - Coyley done a big job with the budget he has but may need to re-load in the next window...A BIT STRONGER

Nicko

Thanks for your commitment to the board. Makes the transfer windows much more interesting and even though there my be an element of "Is that it" for Rovers, your insights help an exile stay in touch . Should be some interesting faces in the Premier League this season.

Guest charlie1

How is getting 8m for warnock great money.For me Villa have robbed us Warnock is top class,Chimbonda is not. I guess the board feel there is no point in signing a midfielder as the ball will be sailing over his head the whole game. With the squad we have i think we will finish 16th if we are lucky.

Rothen's test was not the best...so you can't argue with that.

Are these "tests" purely concerned with physical fitness Nicko?

If that is the case then it's strange Allardyce puts so much onus on them only to sign players who he goes on to admit "aren't ready" (Kalinic, Van Heerden).

Good work this window Nicko.

Now its all done I can have my say :P

All in all not bad window for rovers expect for one BIG ? midfield, how can we have sold so many players , made some much money, yet still have no money for a midfield player.

before anyone says times are hard etc, lets take stoke, a club like ours, if they can find the money then why in the world cannnot we. I was talking to a client who is a Bolton fan and he could not belive that we were short of money after all the players we have sold.

My answer was that we must be keeping some back to make the books like good.

No wonder Sam look a bit down, still we have who we have, but the middle of midfield needs to start to boss games and the fowards needs to take there chances.

However most of all the players need to stay fit.

thanks for all the input nicko and everyone else :D

You can't compare Stoke with us,their chaiman a Stoke fan ,is worth over 200 mil who owns bet365,sound familiar,(uncle Jack) we have no big backer and just thank your lucky stars the club is run as it is,obviously Sam want's more money ,they all do,but I think he has done some good buisness,and if they can all keep fit it's a better sqaud than last year...........

Archived